Road trip advice LAX - Yellowstone please

crazy Cat Lady

Counting Down The Days The Next Trip.
I'd appreciate some advice from those of you who have made this trip before us on things "just off" the road or hidden in towns we might go through, where to stop (or not to!) along the way...

Road trip sections:

LAX to Bakersfield (thinking lunch at Johnny Garlics on day one)

Bakersfield to Fresno

Fresno to Yosemite

Yosemite to twin falls

Twin falls to Yellowstone (after there we head to Salt lake city and on to bryce/zion/Vegas)

We'll be doing this over quite a number of days and would hate to "blast on past" something interesting in the name of getting to the destination faster.

All suggestions appreciated.

What time of year are you going?

Check out:
Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Park
Mono Lake
Lake Tahoe
Bodie Ghost Town

We headed to Yellowstone from Canada. So I haven't driven the section from Twin Falls to Yellowstone.

If you have time, check out the Grand Circle, Arizona. The National Parks beyond Bryce and Zion are also worth considering. Page is also amazing! It may be worth looking at your trip from Yellowstone to SLC and seeing how much of the Grand Circle and Four Corners area you can fit in.
I do have pictures of the slot canyons in Page and Horseshoe Bend; and Monument Valley in my 2013 Anyone Game TR if you're interested to check out pictures.

Thanks PIO, we'll be there in October and have to be in Vegas by the 31st for an event. I'll check out all your suggestions and photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter