• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rock N Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest

TeacherDL

Mouseketeer
I have some roller coaster anxiety....just makes me nervous. A lot of it is a fear of motion sickness (which I get fairly easily). However, there's a part of me that would like to try these rides. I can ride things like BTMRR, Splash Mountain....I can ride Soarin' and Star Tours (but I have to close my eyes occasionally). So, thoughts on RNR and EE from anyone else out there that have some roller coaster anxiety? I usually just wait for my family to ride, but there's a part of me that would love to give them a try, but I also don't want to ruin my day with motion sickness.....and I know to take bonine, but usually my anxiety gets the best of me.

EE reminds me a lot of BTMRR except going backwards if that might bother you, it doesn't seem to upset me. But RNR gets me a little queasy maybe cause its fast and i I think it does a upside down loop (its been awhile since I rode it so I think it did). I can do everything else no problem.

EE reminds me a lot of BTMRR except going backwards if that might bother you, it doesn't seem to upset me. But RNR gets me a little queasy maybe cause its fast and i I think it does a upside down loop (its been awhile since I rode it so I think it did). I can do everything else no problem.

Thank you! How long does it go backwards?

RR is much smoother in front and very bumpy in back. We rode it 3 or 4 times in February (my first time on it) and it’s a different experience. I’ll never sit in the back again.

On EE it goes both forward and backwards and I never noticed obvious differences in different seats.

I didn’t get motion sick on either one, but I do on Tot (the up and down motion) and anything that spins.

I have vertigo, I hate Soarin', I prefer ST back row, I won't do Primevil Whirl, Mission made me sick ....

But I LOVE both these coasters and both are very smooth especially if you sit closer to the front.

If you can do BTMRR then Everest should be easy. The main difference is it's bigger so higher drops and inside the mountain it goes backwards for a few seconds. That is the only part that might shift your "stomach" but I think if you close your eyes it doesn't trigger the visual effect. My DS1 who avoids most big coasters loves this one. It's interesting because it changes often, inside, outside, low level turns, drop out the front (which I compare to Splash Mountain). Very pretty ride and part is because the drops and the turns etc are done with land/mountain ... a base under it like BTMRR. It's not like an open air coaster like Hulk or a Six Flags coaster.

RnR - tell them you need to sit towards the front. This will put you on the smoothest part ride. It's in the dark so you are not as aware of the loops and going upside down until it happens but it's all very fast. The only visual is the neon billboards. If I were up front I could ride this non-stop many times over.

Last edited:
You should do ok on EE. It was some drops and the one section where it goes backwards. it is fast , but smooth.
Given what you wrote, I would skip RnR. It is also fast, but has a loop and several barrel roles. It also is not as smooth as it once was.
Ultimately, go online and watch video of the rides and you can decide what you can or cannot ride.
It isn't worth trying to ride a ride and felling bad the rest of the day.

Rockin Roller Coaster is an easy one! Just close your eyes and it shouldn't be so bad. It's the strategy my mom and I have used for a decade! EE on the other hand is a little tricky. This one will jolt your body around. I recommend holding your ground (putting all your weight into the center of your body) and anticipating the backwards part. I would recommend watching a YouTube video for this so you can prepare the best way you know how. Good luck! I believe in you :)

RnR has no big hills. It goes upside down three times, I believe. If you sit in the front, it is very smooth. It is a ton of fun!

EE has some hills, but but they are not the high, straight drops of truly big coasters. EE can make me feel a little nauseous on an empty stomach, I think from the backwards part.

If you are a roller coaster fan, these are both small coasters.

I do EE with no problem but can not do RNRC. The first jump start throws my head back no matter how hard I try to keep it on the back to start with then during the entire ride my head is bounced around back and forth, again I try to keep it pressed to back head rest but I'm height challenged and not very heavy. When I get off it, I have a horrible head ache and my neck hurts so I just don't do it any more, I can't do Space Mountain for the same reason. I don't do Star Tours because the 3D makes me sick (I don't actually throw up) and don't do mission space for the same reason. I can do Soarin with no problem and actually had my first decent ride after 4 tries on FOP a couple of weeks ago. I love roller coasters but as I get older, the shaking is what bothers me, the old bones just aren't what they used to be.

I have vertigo, I hate Soarin', I prefer ST back row, I won't do Primevil Whirl, Mission made me sick ....

But I LOVE both these coasters and both are very smooth especially if you sit closer to the front.

If you can do BTMRR then Everest should be easy. The main difference is it's bigger so higher drops and inside the mountain it goes backwards for a few seconds. That is the only part that might shift your "stomach" but I think if you close your eyes it doesn't trigger the visual effect. My DS who avoids most big coasters loves this one. It's interesting because it changes often, inside, outside, low level turns, drop out the front (which I compare to Splash Mountain). Very pretty ride and part is because the drops and the turns etc are done with land/mountain ... a base under it like BTMRR. It's not like an open air coaster like Hulk or a Six Flags coaster.

RnR - tell them you need to sit towards the front. This will put you on the smoothest part ride. It's in the dark so you are not as aware of the loops and going upside down until it happens but it's all very fast. The only visual is the neon billboards. If I were up front I could ride this non-stop many times over.

Thank you so much for the advice. I may just try them and request up front!

If you are a roller coaster fan, these are both small coasters.

Excellent point.

I am a coaster fan, and DS2 is a HUGE coaster person (one of those that know who made it, how high, how fast etc) ... both of these coasters would be considered very mild and cause zero fear .... so they would be great coasters for someone fearful to do and experience what feels like a big coaster ... but it's really more in the middle of ratings.

Rockin Roller Coaster is an easy one! Just close your eyes and it shouldn't be so bad. It's the strategy my mom and I have used for a decade! EE on the other hand is a little tricky. This one will jolt your body around. I recommend holding your ground (putting all your weight into the center of your body) and anticipating the backwards part. I would recommend watching a YouTube video for this so you can prepare the best way you know how. Good luck! I believe in you :)

Awww thanks! :)

I do love them both!! Maybe next time we are there I will try the tips for RNR I just got queasy the last time I rode it. :thanks:

Excellent point.

I am a coaster fan, and DS2 is a HUGE coaster person (one of those that know who made it, how high, how fast etc) ... both of these coasters would be considered very mild and cause zero fear .... so they would be great coasters for someone fearful to do and experience what feels like a big coaster ... but it's really more in the middle of ratings.

Thanks for this! I'm really wanting to build up my nerve!

The backwards part of EE has a dip that makes me queasy. I'd vote against it but individuals vary.

RNRC is my favorite. I keep my head back for the launch and then lean forward a little the rest of the way. I'd try RNRC and if that goes well, give EE a chance.

YOU CAN DO IT! They are really fun rides! :thumbsup2

I could post RnR but the problem is something like that on video where YOU are not moving with it can make you queasy, way more than actually riding it. For me like watching a video game.

The backwards part of EE has a dip that makes me queasy. I'd vote against it but individuals vary.

RNRC is my favorite. I keep my head back for the launch and then lean forward a little the rest of the way. I'd try RNRC and if that goes well, give EE a chance.

I have a fp for RNRC on Monday, and I go to EE on Saturday! :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter