Rock On!! Because Devil Horns Do Belong at Disney. An Oct TR Updated 9/5 x10!

You definitely got Pixie-Dusted with that table right beside your beloved chickens! :woohoo:

The food looks yummy, but this is yet another case of a restaurant we will probably never try, because the food served is too much like home. :sad2:

So cool that Mickey visited twice! :thumbsup2

HAHA that's awesome that you still got to see the chickens!

Farmer Mickey is the cutest, I really want to get to Garden Gril one day.

Is that Pluto giving Jim bunny ears :rotfl:

I'm glad it was a great meal!

:rotfl2: Well of course I had to scroll back up to see that ! I'm thinking though since his paw was in motion in Ariana's shot he was actually patting Jim's head " Good Boy Jim, Good Boy Jim " :rotfl: adorable though and made me laugh Now I know you are causing everyone else to scroll back up and see

I LOVE IT!!!! back with the CHICKENS!!! LOVE IT!

oh the posses Jim had are a riot!!! glad he felt better and i am sure eating helped a lot too!!!

Playing catch up with everyone as much as i can today!

This time round, the restaurant was nailed to the ground so you could see the chickens.

Love the food. It looks fantastic. :thumbsup2

One of the best character meals IMHO..okay NOT so humble opinion :laughing: is GG for the food and the one on one character interactions I had to laugh seeing " rumors " lately that the restaurant no longer rotates Have you seen that ? Ridiculous it was recently down for whatever reasons for a very short period of time That is the big selling point for newbies and will never stop being part of the restaurant

We definitely had a great time with the characters. I did see the rumors and was really hoping they weren't true! You are right that the rotating is a big part of the draw of the restaurant. It really didn't affect our experience though.

The food pictures oh my goodness everything looks terrific as always there

It really was delicious!

Love the intro to the next installment re-the chickens :rotfl2:

Wait till you read the story, it was hilarious!

You definitely got Pixie-Dusted with that table right beside your beloved chickens! :woohoo:

It was pretty magical to end up right there without requesting it!

The food looks yummy, but this is yet another case of a restaurant we will probably never try, because the food served is too much like home. :sad2:

That's too bad because the food was wonderful and the restaurant itself is so neat when it's rotating. And who doesn't love some characters!

So cool that Mickey visited twice! :thumbsup2

We were lucky there! I think it was because he came the first time right as we sat down.

It was pretty awesome!

You definitely need too, I love how Mickey is dressed there!

Yep, he was! He was laughing about it so that's why his other paw is up by his mouth.

It was and really topped our other two sit down meals of the trip.

:rotfl2: Well of course I had to scroll back up to see that ! I'm thinking though since his paw was in motion in Ariana's shot he was actually patting Jim's head " Good Boy Jim, Good Boy Jim " :rotfl: adorable though and made me laugh Now I know you are causing everyone else to scroll back up and see

Nope, he really was giving Jim rabbit ears, silly dog!

I LOVE IT!!!! back with the CHICKENS!!! LOVE IT!

It was an awesome bit of pixie dust to end up there!

oh the posses Jim had are a riot!!! glad he felt better and i am sure eating helped a lot too!!!

He is definitely a ham that's for sure! He felt perfectly fine the rest of the trip.

Playing catch up with everyone as much as i can today!

Glad you are back but I totally understand why you were off for a little bit. :hug:

This time round, the restaurant was nailed to the ground so you could see the chickens.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: That could be true!

Love the food. It looks fantastic. :thumbsup2

It was very good.

I had booked a FP+ for Living with the Land for before our dinner but we didn’t make it in time to ride before our reservation time. Strike two on using our FP+. I really wasn’t worried about LWTL and when we headed there after dinner, this was the sight that greeted us.

Yep it was a walk on. It seems like this ride has a longer line until lunch time and then it clears out in the afternoon. I'm still laughing that they made it a Tier 1 ride. I took lots of pictures as usual.

This one is a little déjà vu since I took almost the same picture from up above in the restaurant.

When we rounded the corner by the farm house a little boy in the row in front of us, I think he was about 4, pointed the chickens out to his Mom. As we got closer to the scene, he turned to his Mom and said “Those aren’t real chickens Mom!” I looked at Jim and we both burst out laughing. A four year old could figure out they were fake and my husband (who was about 24 at the time) could not. I don’t think I’ve laughed that hard in a long time.

It was kind of strange coming out into the greenhouse to see that it was still light outside. It felt like nighttime in the restaurant thanks to the dark scene we were facing. I was also surprised to see several places where the rain was leaking through the glass. I guess that’s why they have the roofs on the boats

I checked the line for Soarin’ but it was 80 minutes so we headed towards the exit. There was still some time before our last FP+ of the night which was Test Track at 7:30 pm. It was raining again when we left the Land building so I wasn’t even sure if Test Track would be running but I checked the times board (since the MDE app was still not working) and it said it had a 40 minute wait. We decided to make another circle through Mousegears to kill some time and I’m sure glad we did. I found a new Pluto shirt!

OK, so it wasn’t exactly new to me. This was the one I had been looking everywhere for in October but could not find. When I got home I managed to find one on Ebay (thanks Ruthie for sending me the link to that auction) but it is a large and huge on me. So when I found it in Mousegears in a medium I had to get it. The large is still in my closet with the tags on, maybe I’ll have to stick it back on Ebay.

Right at 7:30 we headed out of the store and over to Test Track and it was down. I asked the CM there if it was because of the rain and he said no it had been up and down all day due to technical difficulties. We decided to go ride Spaceship Earth and then come back and check to see if it was back up.

Up Next: Clowning Around in the Future

IMO I would frame the extra shirt along with the matching pin but that's not what got me What got me was " Maybe I'll stick it up on eBay" :faint: have you been selling Plutos on eBay ???? and didn't tell me ???? :faint::faint: best send me your eBay name young lady :p !!

Hmmm 4 y/o mind VS 24 y/o mind :rotfl2: yep that sounds about right ( I apologize Jim ) too funny !!

You always take the nicest LWTL pictures :thumbsup2

Sorry I still think Pluto looks like he was patting good boy Jim's head ;)

Ariana, I'm sorry I fell behind again.

I love that you got a seat right by the chickens. Is that karma or what?

Great pictures with the characters. I will say that the bread and the character interaction was the only thing we liked about our meal there in December.

It's funny that The Land is either 0 minutes or 60 minutes. It was really long when we were there earlier this month.

ya know i have never done this ride??? I will make it a priority this time...

adorable tee!!! glad you finally found on that fits!!!

IMO I would frame the extra shirt along with the matching pin but that's not what got me What got me was " Maybe I'll stick it up on eBay" :faint: have you been selling Plutos on eBay ???? and didn't tell me ???? :faint::faint: best send me your eBay name young lady :p !!

Nope, not selling anything on Ebay right now, haven't actually done that for years. I always say I'm going to but then never get around to it. And besides, you know I would offer to you first before I would sell anything Pluto. I knew you had the shirt already. :thumbsup2

Hmmm 4 y/o mind VS 24 y/o mind :rotfl2: yep that sounds about right ( I apologize Jim ) too funny !!

Oh, he laughs at himself about it so no need to apologize.

You always take the nicest LWTL pictures :thumbsup2

Thanks, I enjoy photographing that ride.

Sorry I still think Pluto looks like he was patting good boy Jim's head ;)

Nope, he was definitely doing rabbit ears and had a good laugh about it afterwards! Pluto was in a mischievous mood that night.

0 minute wait, woo hoo!

Always nice to see that on a wait times board!

LOL that's awesome that the little boy said that!!

It certainly gave us a good laugh!

Glad you were able to find your shirt!

I was very happy that I finally found that shirt!

Ariana, I'm sorry I fell behind again.

No worries, you don't need to apologize to me. I get behind all the time. I'll be behind again in a few weeks when I go home to PA to visit Mom.

I love that you got a seat right by the chickens. Is that karma or what?

It was certainly some nice pixie dust for the evening!

Great pictures with the characters. I will say that the bread and the character interaction was the only thing we liked about our meal there in December.

That's too bad, Jim and I thought the food was excellent. Of course we both have very simple palettes so that might be the reason. :lmao:

It's funny that The Land is either 0 minutes or 60 minutes. It was really long when we were there earlier this month.

I've found that it's long in the morning and definitely at lunch time but if you hit it a few hours after lunch, there is no line at all.

ya know i have never done this ride??? I will make it a priority this time...

Yes you should, lots of stuff to photograph and it's educational too since they tell you all about the plants and the work they are doing in those greenhouses.

adorable tee!!! glad you finally found on that fits!!!

I was very happy to finally find it!

I see some Hidden Mickeys in your pictures. :thumbsup2

Yep, there are quite a few of them on that ride.

Spaceship Earth was a walk on too so it wasn’t very long till we were headed back in time. As we started up the tunnel, Jim started doing devil horns for the picture. We were pretty tired from our extremely early morning and getting a little silly at this point. I told him his arms wouldn’t show up so instead we decided to stick out our tongues for the picture. But before we get to that, you know I took a ton of pictures. Is it a sad thing or just awesome that I’ve ridden this one so often that I can almost do the commentary as I look at each picture?

I love this scene because it reminds me of my grandmother. She used to work a switchboard like this and talked about it a lot when I was growing up.

You know how after you ride a ride multiple times, you start thinking weird thoughts? No? Probably just me. Every time I pass this scene I wonder what the little girls face looks like. I know she has one because Disney does things right but it bothers me I can’t see it. Yeah, I’m weird.

Another weird thought, this guy always makes me think of Clark Kent.

Continued in Next Post

Continued from Previous Post

I love these lights when you go backwards. So pretty but the pictures I take never do them justice.

All right, so it’s finally time for you to see how silly we were at this point. I let Jim pick again and told him to choose his least favorite options. That way we would get a totally different future than we did in October.

And here we go……..

Once again I got put in a hideous outfit! The future of fashion is not looking bright.

You can imagine how much we laughed over that future! We stopped after the ride and e-mailed the video home so we could share with family. Then we went and checked Test Track again but it was still down. It was getting close to 8 pm at this point and we were absolutely exhausted after our early morning. I asked if we could stop in the art store and then we would head out. Strike three for our FP+ for the day.

I am glad we stopped in the art store because once again I found a new Pluto! I was amazed at how much I found since I was just there three months prior to this trip.

Isn’t he neat? I just love all the pretty colors! He’s designed by the artist Romero Britto. I’ve seen his stuff at Disney before but this is the first time I’ve seen Pluto.

We headed to the exit but couldn’t resist stopping for one more set of Photopass pictures.

Then the photographer told us to put our hands up and look up at the sky with an expression that said “I can’t believe it’s still raining.” I love how this picture turned out.

We left Epcot a little after 8 pm and caught a bus fairly quickly. We stopped at Fulton’s to buy some drinks for the morning. I needed milk for my cereal and soda for my morning caffeine since I don’t drink coffee. Jim wanted some bottles of water so he didn’t get himself dehydrated again. Then we stopped at the concierge desk to see why our MB weren’t working for charging. We got that fixed very quickly, apparently the CM that checked us in set us up with a $0 spending limit.

We made it back to our room by 9 pm and after some quick unpacking headed to bed.

Up Next: Buzz Gets A Little Creepy

Great update. I always love to see the spaceship earth montage at the end and to see what future people chose.

Great PP pics.

And that Brito Pluto is lovely.

::yes:: Brito Pluto Never cared for the other characters but you know I fell in love & had to get him too I think he came out in Jan ? Anyway MY grandmother ( we called her Nana ) was a switchboard operator too What a cute picture of you and Jim looking up into the rain filled skies Really like it when a PP photographer changes things up

Yes, LWTL being listed as a Tier 1 ride is crazy! Makes me think of the fact that it ended up being the first ride we did in the parks on our trip last October. :rolleyes: Why or why won't they let us touch the sand on that ride??? :confused3 It looks so touchable!!! :lmao: The need to post signs like that indicates that at some point SOMEBODY tried to reach from the boat to touch the sand. Probably some of those flag carrying folks... :rolleyes1

OMGoodness... your future involves doing math and going to board meetings! Your faces DEFINITELY go well with that future!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Love the rain photos at the end. The look on Jim's face says..."Can we just dance in this glorious rain?" :lmao:

I am laughing SO HARD at work right now!!!

those are the best fun pictures!!! Sorry but you look FAB in your green palm tree shirt..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter