ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious why folks select Beach Club vs Boardwalk Villas contracts (other than for add on)?

I think BWV have more units, greater availability, lower cost per point; both have identical access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Is it simply because of the Beach Club pool?

What am I missing or getting wrong?
:confused3
Thanks!
:thumbsup2

We just bought at BWV. I’ve noticed some sellers recently saying they prefer BWV, so they’re selling the BCV contracts they own. I don’t know why they’re doing this, but people keep mentioning it over and over. Maybe it’s really because of the higher ppp they can get for BCV or maybe they really prefer BWV. No clue. For us, it was a matter of price. They’re both in a great location, but BWV is in a better location for HS which is about to have SWL. Also, the boardwalk itself is a big draw as well as the BW views. The standard view categories are so cheap too that not only is it less expensive to buy there, but if you book a std view, it’s less expensive to stay. We wanted an Epcot resort, and BWV made more sense for us despite not having dedicated 2-bedrooms which was a HUGE drawback for us. SAB seems great, but I don’t go to WDW to hang out at the pool/mini water park, and I wouldn’t pay more for that. We have a pool in our backyard and numerous full size water parks around us. Also, we have a mini water park of sorts where we live that we only pay $6pp as residents to use, and it rivals SAB. Again, personal choice. Anyway, that was our reasoning in a nutshell.

BC is our favorite resort. There's something about the decor, the cape may cafe, beaches and cream, etc. that calls to us. I like the BW as well and we've stayed so obviously we have access to those places. That whole area is our favorite due to proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

But funny you mention pools because we prefer the BC pool over BW. There's just something about that clown, lol. So we would try for BC DVC first but wouldn't be opposed to BW since that's our favorite area.

So what are we doing. Trying a 3rd time for OKW :D

That's our 2nd favorite, slightly above BW, and since the ppp is good for our budget, we keep trying for that one. We figure we can get plenty of points there for less then the other two. If Disney would just pass on the ROFR that is.

Our thinking is if we can get into BC at 7 months out, happy day. If not, then we're fine with OKW all day long. Our plan will be to book OKW 11 months out, then try for BC at 7 months out. And there may be times we just want to stay at OKW and that's it. Or any other resort we may want to try.

So our thinking was if BC doesn't fit our budget and we can't get in 7 months out, what other resort would we enjoy as a home resort. OKW kept coming up.

That's the method to our madness.

Last edited:
We just bought at BWV. I’ve noticed some sellers recently saying they prefer BWV, so they’re selling the BCV contracts they own. I don’t know why they’re doing this, but people keep mentioning it over and over. Maybe it’s really because of the higher ppp they can get for BCV or maybe they really prefer BWV. No clue. For us, it was a matter of price. They’re both in a great location, but BWV is in a better location for HS which is about to have SWL. Also, the boardwalk itself is a big draw as well as the BW views. The standard view categories are so cheap too that not only is it less expensive to buy there, but if you book a std view, it’s less expensive to stay. We wanted an Epcot resort, and BWV made more sense for us despite not having dedicated 2-bedrooms which was a HUGE drawback for us. SAB seems great, but I don’t go to WDW to hang out at the pool/mini water park, and I wouldn’t pay more for that. We have a pool in our backyard and numerous full size water parks around us. Also, we have a mini water park of sorts where we live that we only pay $6pp as residents to use, and it rivals SAB. Again, personal choice. Anyway, that was our reasoning in a nutshell.

I was one of those who sold BCV for BWV :P It was a hard decision because we do like both resorts, but ultimately we chose BWV because we really like the Boardwalk theme, the energy of the Boardwalk, the community hall, and the variation in room types (love Boardwalk view and the possibility of saving points through Standard when we need to). I really like SAB (though I think it gets crowded) and having dedicated 2-BR, so there were pros and cons we considered for both. The cheaper buy in was a bonus and we did end up buying a larger BWV contract (also in a better UY for us).

I was one of those who sold BCV for BWV :P It was a hard decision because we do like both resorts, but ultimately we chose BWV because we really like the Boardwalk theme, the energy of the Boardwalk, the community hall, and the variation in room types (love Boardwalk view and the possibility of saving points through Standard when we need to). I really like SAB (though I think it gets crowded) and having dedicated 2-BR, so there were pros and cons we considered for both. The cheaper buy in was a bonus and we did end up buying a larger BWV contract (also in a better UY for us).
This was our thinking as well, when we decided to look for a second home resort and ended up with VGF. Go figure.

I just received my recorded closing documents. I waited 38 days for the waiver of the right of first refusal from Disney. However, the date the waiver was signed and notarized was only 18 after it was submitted. I wonder where it sat for 20 days?

I just received my recorded closing documents. I waited 38 days for the waiver of the right of first refusal from Disney. However, the date the waiver was signed and notarized was only 18 after it was submitted. I wonder where it sat for 20 days?

Might want to talk to your title company about that one........

We are in the process of selling our BCV contract and will be looking to buy more VGF points. We liked BCV but were not thrilled with the refurbished room look, as well as the fact that BCV DVC units are located in the back of the Beach Club Resort with no real view other than the quiet pool. We like SAB, but again like others have said, it's not enough to be a big draw for us. We do love BCV location between Epcot and HS though and the whole Boardwalk and neighboring resorts area.

We also love the VGF monorail access and it just fits our needs a little better. All things considered, we bought a loaded BCV contract in 2016 for $105 a point and are selling now for $132 a point. Not bad for a less than 2 year investment. Only problem is VGF contracts are going up in price too. We will wait it out though and see if the inventory picks up.

Thanks for chiming in. It’s always nice to hear what led to a decision like yours. There have been a few others stating they also are selling/have sold BCV in favor of BWV. I always value input from others in situations like this, especially considering we just bought there. :)

This is exactly where we are at.

Nice to know we aren’t alone. party:

Thank you :thanks:and everyone else for sharing. :wave2::disrocks:

Congrats! Awesome contract!
Were 2016 points banked into 2017?

Yes.. We are waiting on the whole "verification" process, now that ROFR is complete. But as per the contract, the 2016 points had been banked into 2017, and we asked that the 2017 points get banked into 2018.. We figured we already had our vacations that we are doing booked and didn't want to chance the closing process taking so long as to miss the banking deadline.. As you can see the ROFR process went to the very last day.. So between Estoppel, closing, etc, we didn't want to take the chance.... We are up in the air about the 108 2016 points.. Either we will try to use them to sneak in another vacation, or just rent them out to pick up a few bucks..

Can someone help walk me through the next steps in our process?
The title company contacted me soon after we were notified that we passed ROFR, we got our check and sent our documents to them. Then we were just notified today that the sellers finally got their paperwork signed and back to the title company (SEVEN days after we did, Boo!)
Anyway, what's next? How soon after this can we expect to have our points? And I know some people have said they called Disney at some point instead of waiting for them to call you, what step in the process is that? Hope that makes sense, Lol

The title company contacted me soon after we were notified that we passed ROFR, we got our check and sent our documents to them. Then we were just notified today that the sellers finally got their paperwork signed and back to the title company (SEVEN days after we did, Boo!)
Anyway, what's next? How soon after this can we expect to have our points? And I know some people have said they called Disney at some point instead of waiting for them to call you, what step in the process is that? Hope that makes sense, Lol

Here’s a link to the thread which has recent timelines:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3392820/

Day 33 - sellers have not returned documents and are not answering email/phone. Very disappointed...

Not defending the sellers but....DH is an airline pilot and can be gone 4 days at a time and I know there are times it can take us up to a week to get documents signed and notarized due to his schedule. And .... if there are family emergencies etc more time. In both your cases I hope the sellers have a work or family schedule reasons for the delay and not their laziness.

Seven to ten days isn’t a long time to send back paperwork as the sellers. It’s probably average. :/ They have to get theirs notarized which takes more time than signing and picking up a check. As buyers, we are always in a hurry to close, but sometimes people (buyers and sellers) are busy, on vacation, death in the family, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter