ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a contract passes/fails ROFR does the buyer get notified by an email from the broker or the title agency?
One always hopes! I was notified immediately by phone on my first resale. I was notified within a day by email on my second. On my third (current), I found out a week after, when I called the listing agent to inquire. So there is apparently not a repeatable protocol. (All 3 contracts were with same broker, same title company, different agents) :earboy2:

I hear ya. I saw a March BLT contract and just jumped on it as fast as I could. It was like finding a golden easter egg! Did you by chance buy the Aulani subsidized dues contract that was selling for $150pp?
No, I considered it but didn’t buy it! I thought that price was unreasonable and severely overestimated the contract’s value. Someone else on these boards mentioned this contract, and I believe the seller was also unwilling to negotiate. With the average Aulani price still surprisingly high at $120, it would have taken 13 years to pay for the additional cost and start taking advantage of the savings on the reduced dues. Too long! That said, it looks like someone did ultimately buy it.

The two contracts I bought were both 110 points each. The $150 one was 100 points.

No, I considered it but didn’t buy it! I thought that price was unreasonable and severely overestimated the contract’s value. Someone else on these boards mentioned this contract, and I believe the seller was also unwilling to negotiate. With the average Aulani price still surprisingly high at $120, it would have taken 13 years to pay for the additional cost and start taking advantage of the savings on the reduced dues. Too long! That said, it looks like someone did ultimately buy it.

The two contracts I bought were both 110 points each. The $150 one was 100 points.
yeah, I offered $135 thinking I was being generous but was turned down, no counter or anything. I'm glad I didn't buy it either. I was just curious how much it ended up selling for.

I have an AKV Oct UY and 3 OKW Mar UY. I've been looking for 2 months to add on. Nothing I will buy at the moment. When I started this last July, it was full every which way!
I know! I couldn’t find any Copper Creek March UY contracts out there, so actually bought direct. Ugh!

October--my advice to anyone asking about buying into DVC is not to get an Oct UY, haha. So hard to find resales. (We have a small # of AKV direct that grandfathers us into the blue card so we are sticking with the Oct UY.)
What are the most common/least common UY (other than the months without UY)?

I know! I couldn’t find any Copper Creek March UY contracts out there, so actually bought direct. Ugh!
I too have a direct CCV contract with March UY. I didn't know it at the time, its significance. But my birthday is also in March, so getting these points is like a birthday present every year, all the way until 2068 when I'll be 91 years old!

Last edited:
Serious dough there. One of my OKW is a direct for the blue card last year. My favorite is my AKV. It was $100 a point. I was FINE with any use year as I didn't know what the heck that meant. I bought 4 contracts back to back and three weeks ago was my FIRST STAY in a deluxe ever! I used the pts for Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower, and Riviera. We did a 3 split stay every 3 nights.

I too have a direct CCV contract with March UY. I didn't know it at the time, its significance. But my birthday is also in March, so getting these points is like a birthday present every year, all the way until 2068 when I'll be 91 years old!
I'' be 97. We can put the strobe lights on our wheelchairs and bomp our horns at people to let us pass. BAHAHA! My first trip to Disney was when I was 40. Actually, it was my first trip EVER! I fell in love with relaxation.

Is there a limit as to how long the Seller can take to sign the closing documents? The link I received from the title company said I had to sign and send funds within 7 days. Tomorrow will be 7 days and still no documents from Sellers. Can they just take as long as they want? If so, why did I have to pay within 7 days?

Is there a limit as to how long the Seller can take to sign the closing documents? The link I received from the title company said I had to sign and send funds within 7 days. Tomorrow will be 7 days and still no documents from Sellers. Can they just take as long as they want? If so, why did I have to pay within 7 days?
They might be being a bit lenient still because sellers need to get theirs notarized and some places still require appointments for that due to the pandemic.

I decided to make my life more complex with a December and June UY.
LOL you’re not kidding! I got stressed reading this. You literally got 4 months total where you can book freely of all your points without worrying about banking and cancellations. But I know you will make it work for you! More points is always a good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter