ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We closed on 4/27, deed recorded on 4/28, contract showing on new membership on 5/9, points loaded via chat on 5/10.
If you get the right agent, you might be able to accelerate that middle step too. Three business days after the deed was recorded, I called member accounting (not member services) and asked if they could accelerate it. The contract showed up the next day. Points loaded via chat the day after that.

If you get the right agent, you might be able to accelerate that middle step too. Three business days after the deed was recorded, I called member accounting (not member services) and asked if they could accelerate it. The contract showed up the next day. Points loaded via chat the day after that.
Oh this is interesting... were you already a member when you called member accounting, though?

Is MA taking calls again? Last time I tried there was a recording saying they were only accepting communication via email.

People at Riviera dress like they're playing tennis at the club. I agree with @Stargazer65. And I say this as the wearer of $120 flip-flops.* I don't fit in at Riviera.
Yes :teeth: We stopped on a break from EPCOT on a hot day to see RR for the first time. I was getting coffee in the place off the lobby, and got the sense that the people were looking at me in my Theme Park clothes and whispering.
1652369759717.png
*Riviera Resort Owner Stock Photo

KeepCalmandCarryOn---$165-$33200-200-BLT-Jun-0/21, 100/22, 200/23- sent 5/3

First time TRYING to get a DVC and not feeling remotely optimistic! When we sent the offer, the agents were feeling pretty good about BLT in general, but since the day we sent to the Disney gods, things haven't looked good for us BLT folk. I've hesitated to share, but it is super helpful to see what is out there.

Not related other than we have to cancel a trip and hope DVC will return our points to the original use year but I have to tell my DVC ROFR people....my daughter had her make a wish trip(disney cruise) scheduled for December 2020, which of course was cancelled. They told us about 6 months ago Make a Wish Canada would not be allowing cruises for at least 2 years, which is too late for our daughter who turns 18 this year. They also weren't allowing any travel outside of Canada for all of 2021 and 2022 and she would lose her wish if she didn't use it by the time she turned 18.

We have been going back and forth of what she could do as she is special needs, ie very different interests than a regular kid. She pretty much just cares about wanting friends(being special needs all she has one friend in Florida and one friend from her class here in Toronto) and Disney. So no point getting a camping trailer, a room makeover, shopping spree, etc that so many kids did because travel wasn't allowed. We asked if a support animal was allowed, we were told no. So long story made long(sorry had to share details to build it up like it was for us) they just wrote us to tell us they are allowing US travel starting in July. Ie her second choice after the cruise was Disneyland and that will be allowed!!!!!!! No idea how its going to work in the next 5 months till she turns 18, nor how we are going to get the time off when we already booked all of our vacation plus a week unpaid. But who carrrrrres, she (and the family) can go to disneyland!!!!!!!!!!!!! where none of us have ever been.

Last edited:
This makes my heart happy. I was a Wish kid back in 2002, and my wish was also a Disney cruise. We still talk about that trip 20 years later. Here's to a lifetime of happy memories made for your daughter and family (I'm a Disneyland local now, and it's magical)!
Thanks. I am glad it was such a great experience for you and your family. We have never been to Disneyland but have AP's to WDW. It was on our bucket list to do at some point. We figured we would stop there whenever we make it to Aulani(one of our Home Resorts) but now it will happen many years earlier and I am so happy for her that she will get something Disney. Then hopefully we will be able to afford a disney cruise some year if we rent out our DVC points.

If they had been my use year I'd have been tempted! We actually love OKW (my husband especially), but I'll only consider the extended contracts.
We now have 2 use years(ps I think it is more of a pain than people had said) but neither is August and after buying our BLT I think we have enough points with our 465 yearly. We are likely having to cancel a 10 night stay in July at OKW to use the vacation time for the Make a Wish trip. Was looking forward to all the space in a 2bdrm OKW lockoff, and especially the moonlight magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter