ROFR Thread Jan to March 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, I'm pretty sure I see smoke rising from my computer, but it's all updated 😃!

Thanks for the update 😊. The listings certainly make me think I’ve overpaid. It’s always a fine line between wanting to negotiate and not wanting to insult the owner with a really low offer. I think I’ll be a bit more cheeky with any future offers (not that I should be looking to buy more points...)

Thanks for the update 😊. The listings certainly make me think I’ve overpaid. It’s always a fine line between wanting to negotiate and not wanting to insult the owner with a really low offer. I think I’ll be a bit more cheeky with any future offers (not that I should be looking to buy more points...)

I think it's worth the peace of mind to pay a few more dollars per point in exchange for lower stress about ROFR or somebody else putting in a higher bid for the exact contract you want :)

I wouldn’t worry about it. If the contract was right for you, then even if you paid $5 or $10 more per point than you “had” to, it shakes out to an insignificant amount in the overall life of the contract. The maintenance fees are what get us :) And if it gets taken in ROFR, that’s another ~2 months of looking at contracts and offering and waiting...

If it was worth it to you, then it’s worth it. A seller wanted AKV $118 pp. I offered $105 and they would only come down to $115 so I passed. Then I found a similar contract that worked for me (many points stripped) for $102pp. I instantly jumped on it, but now I sit nervously as it goes through ROFR. The $115 contract passed would be much more valuable to me than $102 taken!

As an owner selling I know I never would be offended with a low ball offer. I may choose to decline it, but I wouldnt hold it against a buyer!

As an owner selling I know I never would be offended with a low ball offer. I may choose to decline it, but I wouldnt hold it against a buyer!

I need to resist the temptation to bid for more! The danger is not having paid for the current contracts as they are still going through, or are hopefully about to go through, ROFR I don't feel like I've spent any money yet 😁. I must stop looking for "bargains" that I simply must bid on...

I need to resist the temptation to bid for more! The danger is not having paid for the current contracts as they are still going through, or are hopefully about to go through, ROFR I don't feel like I've spent any money yet 😁. I must stop looking for "bargains" that I simply must bid on...

i forced myself to stop looking when I finally had an offer go to ROFR. So hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter