ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it concern you about the increase in point charts, I mean 1 week in a VGF TPV is over 200pts in August!
In terms of points-per-dollar-of-rack-rate, Old Key West is the only outlier (it's too cheap and should have a points chart that looks a lot more like SSR). The VGF points chart isn't higher than BRV because VGF is newer, it's higher because GF rooms are more expensive than WL rooms.

I'm annoyed at myself for even putting in the contract I did. It stands zero chance of passing and I'm just wanting my deposit back before my credit card bill is due.
I wish I had waited for VGF prices. I actually want this contract to be taken so I can buy VGF direct.

I'm annoyed at myself for even putting in the contract I did. It stands zero chance of passing and I'm just wanting my deposit back before my credit card bill is due.
I kinda feel the same..... I'm an optimist at heart but acknowledge mine has a very slim chance of passing.... I just want to move on... I might just have to go direct and do resale later.

I wish I had waited for VGF prices. I actually want this contract to be taken so I can buy VGF direct.
I kinda feel the same..... I'm an optimist at heart but acknowledge mine has a very slim chance of passing.... I just want to move on... I might just have to go direct and do resale later.
That's exactly where my head would be if I were happier with the current resorts on sale. I don't care for VGF or Riviera and I don't want to carry 300 points of Aulani.

If Disney were selling CCV2 or AKV2 or SSR2 or OKWe at VGF incentive pricing, I'd be all over a 300 point direct contract.

That's exactly where my head would be if I were happier with the current resorts on sale. I don't care for VGF or Riviera and I don't want to carry 300 points of Aulani.

If Disney were selling CCV2 or AKV2 or SSR2 or OKWe at VGF incentive pricing, I'd be all over a 300 point direct contract.
We put in an offer at BWV because we do really want to stay there but the current VGF incentives are really appealing. I'm waiting to see what they'll be like on Thursday for newbies. If my resale gets ROFR'd, we'll probably do VGF to get us going then see what we can get resale after that - likely SS as we also really like that resort location. (teen girls love DS!)

We put in an offer at BWV because we do really want to stay there but the current VGF incentives are really appealing. I'm waiting to see what they'll be like on Thursday for newbies. If my resale gets ROFR'd, we'll probably do VGF to get us going then see what we can get resale after that - likely SS as we also really like that resort location. (teen girls love DS!)
My concern with VGF as sleep-around points is that it can be clunky to manage your banking and borrowing. You might need to borrow points to reserve a week at 11 months, and then when you go to reschedule at 7 months to something different (whether to save points or just because you prefer somewhere else), you end up with weird mismatches of what's bankable, and then in your next UY you're going to be managing different sets of expiration dates.

My concern with VGF as sleep-around points is that it can be clunky to manage your banking and borrowing. You might need to borrow points to reserve a week at 11 months, and then when you go to reschedule at 7 months to something different (whether to save points or just because you prefer somewhere else), you end up with weird mismatches of what's bankable, and then in your next UY you're going to be managing different sets of expiration dates.
Ok, I'm following... so - if you were just getting into DVC with all of your current wisdom - what would you do? I'm already considering buying smaller contracts (as suggested by a previous veteran) but any other ideas? There are so many things that you just don't know if you've never owned. I really want BWV, however, the 20 year exp date just hits wrong.... So we were thinking about just getting a larger number of points at SS so that we could afford the 1 BR at the 7 month mark for it..... ?? But then also thought about having a small 100 pt contract direct at BWV so we could book the studio for F&W.

Are you a member?

ROFR is a breeze when you know your contract is going to pass. ROFR is super nerve racking when your contract is at high risk for getting taken. Its almost unbearable!!! Burning the incense daily.
You're so right! Perhaps just biting the bullet and offering at the safer price is the key..... It's still a better deal than direct even if it's a little over the typical resale price.

Ok, I'm following... so - if you were just getting into DVC with all of your current wisdom - what would you do? I'm already considering buying smaller contracts (as suggested by a previous veteran) but any other ideas? There are so many things that you just don't know if you've never owned. I really want BWV, however, the 20 year exp date just hits wrong.... So we were thinking about just getting a larger number of points at SS so that we could afford the 1 BR at the 7 month mark for it..... ?? But then also thought about having a small 100 pt contract direct at BWV so we could book the studio for F&W.
I honestly don't know. Up until two weeks ago, I would have said "SSR resale," and it would have been easy. But this latest price increase and the inflation of the ROFR floor makes me nervous.

If I were brand new, I'd probably be looking for one of the following (not necessarily in order):

1. SSR, OKWe, or AKV resale with an amazing price and an international seller
2. Aulani subsidized
3. Some kind of crazy direct incentives that get price per point down to like ~$170.

You're so right! Perhaps just biting the bullet and offering at the safer price is the key..... It's still a better deal than direct even if it's a little over the typical resale price.
You're right about offering above the safe line, but the miser in me won't let me not negotiate a great deal! If Disney were consistent in their floor for ROFR, it would be pretty easy but when the spread between what they take and let go is $25-$30, it is maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter