ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright. 15 days in. Any minute now on right of first refusal.....right? I know, I know. Still have a couple of weeks.
My last contract only took 15 days to pass. I sent a SSR 2/4 and I still haven't heard anything. It's been 21 days :crazy2:

Last edited:
I don't think it's about the particular broker, it's about the seller. I negotiate until I find a price I am comfortable paying. Key is, you have to be able to walk away.
Oh it's also the broker- some of them have unrealistic expectations about what contracts are worth and give those opinions to their clients. If a contract is listed $50/point above what I'm willing to pay, I'm a lot less likely to bid on one than a contract that's $15-20 above what I want to pay.

Oh it's also the broker- some of them have unrealistic expectations about what contracts are worth and give those opinions to their clients. If a contract is listed $50/point above what I'm willing to pay, I'm a lot less likely to bid on one than a contract that's $15-20 above what I want to pay.
Agreed. I felt comfortable bidding $7 less on an already decent priced contract. Not sure I'd even attempt it on a very overpriced one. I feel like I'd be setting myself up for disappointment when my offer was declined.

I just learned about the subsidized contracts. Any tips on how to track those down? Is it just daily stalking of the dvc listing site?
You sign up for brokers email of new listings. Let your fav broker what you are looking for. Sometimes especially Fidelity doesn’t have it listed as subsidized but you do the math you know. I don’t even remember how I came across mine.

You sign up for brokers email of new listings. Let your fav broker what you are looking for. Sometimes especially Fidelity doesn’t have it listed as subsidized but you do the math you know. I don’t even remember how I came across mine.

Thanks!

I just learned about the subsidized contracts. Any tips on how to track those down? Is it just daily stalking of the dvc listing site?
Unfortunately yes. I have like 10 different resale sites saved to my bookmark and stalk them everyday. And many websites don’t make it easy to identify the subsidized ones. Usually Fidelity and dvdresalemarket labels them clearly.

Unfortunately yes. I have like 10 different resale sites saved to my bookmark and stalk them everyday. And many websites don’t make it easy to identify the subsidized ones. Usually Fidelity and dvdresalemarket labels them clearly.

Thank you! Are the subsidized accounts in such demand that you pretty much need to jump on them and offer full price? Any idea what the going rates are for them currently?

Thank you! Are the subsidized accounts in such demand that you pretty much need to jump on them and offer full price? Any idea what the going rates are for them currently?
Everything is negotiable! But probably anything less than 100 points will sell immediately.
I see many in 130s lately.

You can always negotiate. I offered $120pp for a subsidized contract that was listed for $145pp. I’m currently awaiting ROFR at $125pp. It all depends on the size and loaded/stripped nature of the contract.

you should also set up text/email alerts with brokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter