ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind telling what the asking price was and who the broker is (if you can)? I am trying to figure out a good place to start with an offer at AKL without being insulting.
It’s with Fidelity and the asking price was $90. I went on the website looking for boardwalk or maybe AKV and saw it had just been put on, quick phone call and got lucky. I’m guessing I’ll need a lot more luck for ROFR.

Updated!

These prices are going to be the end of me (well, more specifically, my moratorium on buying more points). We even bought OKW-E direct this summer because with the incentives, it ended up being about $5/pt more than buying resale with the prices at the time, and with zero hassle. But now I could add on more OKW-E...and then maybe a little more of this and a little more of that...ARGGHHH.

I saw sub-$90 OKW (2042) when I wasn't looking at listings this morning...

Updated!

These prices are going to be the end of me (well, more specifically, my moratorium on buying more points). We even bought OKW-E direct this summer because with the incentives, it ended up being about $5/pt more than buying resale with the prices at the time, and with zero hassle. But now I could add on more OKW-E...and then maybe a little more of this and a little more of that...ARGGHHH.

I’m “not looking” at listings all the time too 🙈

Last edited:
Updated!

I need to stop looking. Keeps enticing me.

I just paid my 2023 dues. It tempered the fever considerably...
I was just looking at the dues for other resorts. My AKV dues are toward the upper end of the normal spectrum, but I get it because of the animals… but what is up with Vero Beach? That is off the charts at 12.85. I wonder if that hurt the resale. I kinda wish I would have gotten 50 points at Aulani before they fixed the dues… 6.87 for subsidized. 😳

I was just looking at the dues for other resorts. My AKV dues are toward the upper end of the normal spectrum, but I get it because of the animals… but what is up with Vero Beach? That is off the charts at 12.85. I wonder if that hurt the resale. I kinda wish I would have gotten 50 points at Aulani before they fixed the dues… 6.87 for subsidized. 😳
The maintenance for a beach property is always going to be high, storms , salt air and erosion from windblown sands causes alot of maintenance issues along with high insurance rates.

Out of curiosity, regarding the Aulani contracts with subsidized dues. Does that subsidization also go to a new owner if the contract is sold?

Interesting. Did the resale listing specify that it had the lower dues.
Correct, on the sponsor site it’s one of the filters you can apply. But also they know how desired these sub contracts are so they actively advertise it. It also says on the contract itself what your estimated dues per point are. It’s like bullet point 12 where they tell you how much you can expect to pay per year per point.

Is there anyway to look up a deed you are buying for VGC in California like you can with the comptroller site in Orlando?

Edit: never mind I found the site and the document… and DANG! The original owners are selling it to me for like 3 times what they originally paid.. crazy how much the price has changed.

Last edited:
DisneyMom41---$133.33-$21944-150-BLT-Sep-201/22, 150/23, 150/24- sent 1/5

I’m new here! Long time reader who’s been considering a dvc resale for a long time. Now seemed like the right time to try and snag deal! Although I’m expecting rofr to grab this. It’s been 10 days since it was sent to them. Please keep your fingers crossed for us! I’ll take all the pixie dust we can get!!! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter