ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, they seem to take a variable amount of time. Some that were sent at the same time can take a week or 3 weeks. You're only a week in, so you're at the earliest point that you'd realistically hear back. I'm guessing this one passes.
Agree would be surprised if doesn't pass.

Guys, I won't have a lot of time to update the thread for a couple of weeks as of Friday as we are off to Aulani and Grand Californian (love DVC :cloud9:!!!). Just so nobody gets worried if they see their contracts haven't been posted!
Thanks for keeping this thread going. Sounds like an amazing trip. Enjoy. Hopefully, by the time you get back we will have all passed.

GXIncognto---$78-$14721-180-AKV-Oct-0/15, 0/16, 0/17, 180/18- sent 1/30

First contract, obviously it's "stripped" but that works fine for us because our next trip isn't until October 2018 anyway and it's nice to not have to pay the 2017 maintenance fees.

S.J.G-$80-$22,232.50-250-AKV-FEB-57/16, 250/17,250/18-Sent 1/31/17

Just curious what people think about this price per point. Is that a good deal? I had a Saratoga contract bought back by Disney for 200 pts @ $77 p.p. with practically all the points from 16, 17 and 18. Got paranoid they would buy this new one back so I went slightly higher than usual.

Did I go to high? Too low? Just average?
Thank you

That'll pass. AKV is almost never bought back.

You got pretty close with the formatting there doing it manually!!

First time posting but following this site since back from my first Disney world trip with my wife and two daughters at the Grand Floridian in November 2016. (I did go to Disney world when I was a kid)

I fell in love with the Grand and did a lot of research on Disney vacation club.

We decided to do a low offer on VGF ($115 per point : closing cost with admin fees ($820) split 50/50 : buyers pay 2017 maintenance fee) just to get an idea how it would work out. We thought that the offer would not be accepted and then we would move on and just wait a few more months.

To my surprise, the offer was accepted and we found out that it just passes the ROFR today!! Now our planning for our next trip will start!

Canadian Frank---$115-$23410-200-VGF-Sep-0/15, 0/16, 200/17, 200/18-closing cost 50/50- sent 1/18, passed 2/3

Last edited:
First time posting but following this site since back from my first Disney world trip with my wife and two daughters at the Grand Floridian in November 2016. (I did go to Disney world when I was a kid)

I fell in love with the Grand and did a lot of research on Disney vacation club.

We decided to do a low offer on VGF ($115 per point : closing cost with admin fees ($820) split 50/50 : buyers pay 2017 maintenance fee) just to get an idea how it would work out. We thought that the offer would not be accepted and then we would move on and just wait a few more months.

To my surprise, the offer was accepted and we found out that it just passes the ROFR today!! Now our planning for our next trip will start!

Canadian Frank ---$115-$23410-200-VGF-Sep-0/16, 200/17, 200/18 - sent 01/18, passed 02/03
Wow!! That's a great deal! Congratulations!

NICE deal, congrats!

Everyone - don't forget you can click the link on post #1 to format that string automatically for you!

So yeah may as well add my details to the list since I'm already back at for round two.

Horselover---$110.50-$19164-160-BLT--0/16, 160/17, 160/18- sent 1/23

Taken again! >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:( Offer was $.50 less then listing price. Guess I'm done. Would have loved to have BLT points but I'm not willing to spend $20k+ to get them. I can find better things to spend that kind of money on.

Good luck to all still waiting especially anyone waiting on BLT.

Taken again! >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:( Offer was $.50 less then listing price. Guess I'm done. Would have loved to have BLT points but I'm not willing to spend $20k+ to get them. I can find better things to spend that kind of money on.

May I ask what your use year was? We are still waiting to hear on a nearly identical contract, sent two days after yours. So I am not very hopeful at this point :(

May I ask what your use year was? We are still waiting to hear on a nearly identical contract, sent two days after yours. So I am not very hopeful at this point :(

Didn't realize I had forgotten to include that. Feb. UY both times.

Bummer Julie! :sad2: Bad, bad Mouse.

333disneymom---$93-$15400-150-BWV-Aug-130/16 (banked), 150/17, 150/18- sent 1/20

So, we received word today that the owner (accidentally) misrepresented the points. There are only 8 2016 points. So, we can rescind our offer or adjust our offer. What to do.......

Try again. There's no reason to pay more. The ROFR decision should be viewed as a drunk monkey throwing darts. He just happened to hit you again. Seriously, they only take back about 2% of contracts, and price is not the deciding factor.

So, we received word today that the owner (accidentally) misrepresented the points. There are only 8 2016 points. So, we can rescind our offer or adjust our offer. What to do.......

I'd ask for $12 off for each missing point. Worth a shot right?

12*122=$1464 credit on the total price.

"tde1969---$82-$26422-300-BWV-Feb-0/15, 0/16, 412/17, 300/18-seller pays closing- sent 1/21"

Got the call today, Disney took my contract. So sad.

"tde1969---$82-$26422-300-BWV-Feb-0/15, 0/16, 412/17, 300/18-seller pays closing- sent 1/21"

Got the call today, Disney took my contract. So sad.
Sorry. That's a bit under market for BWV. Just submit another offer.. You'll get one through eventually!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter