ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been looking to add a smaller contract (50-100pts) and some of these prices I'm seeing are shocking. One popped up for AKV 50pts at $149. Seller wants a full price offer with closing and dues on the available points. After all is said and done that works out to be over $163 per point buy in for AKV. That is just insanity.

That's preposterous. You might as well buy direct for that price.

That's preposterous. You might as well buy direct for that price.
Yes and no. If you are not a DVC member you cannot buy just 50 points direct, if you are a DVC member you can buy 50 or even less at some resorts. If you are a non member and just want a small contract, you have to be quick, the 75 points and under ones go fast and have a higher cost per point. Resale prices are up about $20 per point for most resorts from 3 years ago. I have seen small contracts from BRV and OKW bring prices similar to this and they have sold.

Last edited:
I'M BAAAAACK. Welp. I opted to add to my BLT contract. Seller wanted 150 p.p. I've seen way too many bought up at that price. I offered 152 and asked seller to.pay closing costs. They accepted! So happy to be with you all again waiting to pass!

Disneytrippin'---$152-$24320-160-BLT-Oct-0/19, 0/20, 0/21, 160/22-Seller pays closing- sent 3/8

I'M BAAAAACK. Welp. I opted to add to my BLT contract. Seller wanted 150 p.p. I've seen way too many bought up at that price. I offered 152 and asked seller to.pay closing costs. They accepted! So happy to be with you all again waiting to pass!

Disneytrippin'---$152-$24320-160-BLT-Oct-0/19, 0/20, 0/21, 160/22-Seller pays closing- sent 3/8

Just be aware Disney takes the closing costs into account. There was a $103 SSR with seller paid closing that got taken with days of my $100 SSR that passed where I paid closing. For your 160 point contract that's about $4 a point. This is not to say you should have done anything different, but more for others to keep in mind there's no magic bullet to trick the ROFR monster.

I hope this does pass for you, good luck!

Just be aware Disney takes the closing costs into account. There was a $103 SSR with seller paid closing that got taken with days of my $100 SSR that passed where I paid closing. For your 160 point contract that's about $4 a point. This is not to say you should have done anything different, but more for others to keep in mind there's no magic bullet to trick the ROFR monster.

I hope this does pass for you, good luck!
Well, I'm the chance monster. I am in no rush as we aren't going until Nov 2022. In the meantime I'm going to keep shooting for a good deal until something sticks. Hopefully they look the other way. AKV was the last resort getting snatched up. I knew going into this one it might be taken, but if not, I really got a great deal.

Well, I'm the chance monster. I am in no rush as we aren't going until Nov 2022. In the meantime I'm going to keep shooting for a good deal until something sticks. Hopefully they look the other way. AKV was the last resort getting snatched up. I knew going into this one it might be taken, but if not, I really got a great deal.

I'm with you on that one. I'd rather have a contract taken and try again than pay too much.

Yes and no. If you are not a DVC member you cannot buy just 50 points direct, if you are a DVC member you can buy 50 or even less at some resorts. If you are a non member and just want a small contract, you have to be quick, the 75 points and under ones go fast and have a higher cost per point. Resale prices are up about $20 per point for most resorts from 3 years ago. I have seen small contracts from BRV and OKW bring prices similar to this and they have sold.
Don't disagree with any of your points. But this particular contract was for AKV. We aren't talking a big hitter property we're talking about AKV. I checked last week and would be able to get any room category not called value at 4.5 months right now. This quarter alone 3 posters in this thread have passed ROFR for AKV contracts of 50 pts or less with the most recent being a 50 pt for 120pp and the others being 25 pt for $117pp and $115pp with 2 of the 3 being fully loaded.

Thought there would be a slew of approvals today but I guess not.

think I’m another week off finding out myself
Disney is reviewing contracts today, but I am curious as to their schedule.
My broker just contacted me about a clerical error on my contract that Disney caught today while reviewing.
They said Disney could not make their decision until the clerical error was corrected. (It was a contract number error=must match the original)
(Sent to ROFR on 2/22) I hope to hear by the end of this week about Disney's decision.

Thought there would be a slew of approvals today but I guess not.

think I’m another week off finding out myself
Same I am seeing people who submitted theirs after my date get through and I am just like where is mine... we did not go cheep cause we want it sooner rather than later. Bah...

Price doesn't effect how quickly they review your contract at all.
When I mean sooner, I mean we do not want have to try and do a whole new contract again.... so not the speed of them deciding but not have to go back to the beginning. I need to book my Princess run room for 2022 and running weekends sell out.

Disney is reviewing contracts today, but I am curious as to their schedule.
My broker just contacted me about a clerical error on my contract that Disney caught today while reviewing.
They said Disney could not make their decision until the clerical error was corrected. (It was a contract number error=must match the original)
(Sent to ROFR on 2/22) I hope to hear by the end of this week about Disney's decision.
Fidelity sent me an amendment to correct contract number today. They said it would not restart the ROFR clock. Must have been the same issue! I had a CCV submitted on 2/22. Hoping that means we both will hear our answers soon!!

Fidelity sent me an amendment to correct contract number today. They said it would not restart the ROFR clock. Must have been the same issue! I had a CCV submitted on 2/22. Hoping that means we both will hear our answers soon!!

I wonder what's going on... I got a contract amendment for the same thing last week from Fidelity, right after mine was sent to ROFR.

I wonder what's going on... I got a contract amendment for the same thing last week from Fidelity, right after mine was sent to ROFR.
I wonder if it just a matter of the member having more than one contract within the membership and they forgot to put the .00x number on it that specifies the individual contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter