ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
just put an offer in on another stripped contract. I will post when it gets submitted

Which resale agency do you use ? If you don't mind me asking ? Since you have been getting some good contracts to make offers on that you feel happy with. I am sorry about the ROFR :(

This is really interesting- I didn't know a lot of the information in the thread. I'm still not all that concerned about it though. I cannot see DVC continuing in a practice that could get them in as much legal trouble as this could over time. I actually think we will see points adjust back down next year.

It DOES seem like there's some shenanigan's, but I think it will resolve and I'm not worried about my points devaluing long term.

For those who inquired. Yesterday went very well. I started by giving flowers to my mother, 3 daughters and my wife and I then moved onto the DVC surprise with my wife and our kids. I ended up thinking of what my wife loves, so I prepared a word puzzle. " You've just bought one hundred and fifty points at Aulani" . I cut it up into strips of paper with one letter from the phrase on each. I stayed up until 2:30 in the morning wrapping up about 23 boxes with a gift in each, with 2 letters taped to each gift. Had to wait until 11 when she had gone to bed and the kids were in bed because....kids have big mouths. She and the kids tried to figure it out. They came up with a couple of the words but it was tough. I had an envelope with the answer and clues to help if needed but they were determined and kept going until they figure it out. She was surprised and happy having me celebrate Valentines for her for the first time and really happy getting 150 points at Aulani. Spent part of the afternoon watching Aulani videos, then went sledding and then I came home and made her a seared scallop, mushroom risotto and asparagus dinner.

For those who inquired. Yesterday went very well. I started by giving flowers to my mother, 3 daughters and my wife and I then moved onto the DVC surprise with my wife and our kids. I ended up thinking of what my wife loves, so I prepared a word puzzle. " You've just bought one hundred and fifty points at Aulani" . I cut it up into strips of paper with one letter from the phrase on each. I stayed up until 2:30 in the morning wrapping up about 23 boxes with a gift in each, with 2 letters taped to each gift. Had to wait until 11 when she had gone to bed and the kids were in bed because....kids have big mouths. She and the kids tried to figure it out. They came up with a couple of the words but it was tough. I had an envelope with the answer and clues to help if needed but they were determined and kept going until they figure it out. She was surprised and happy having me celebrate Valentines for her for the first time and really happy getting 150 points at Aulani. Spent part of the afternoon watching Aulani videos, then went sledding and then I came home and made her a seared scallop, mushroom risotto and asparagus dinner.
Well done! Sounds like a perfect day and a perfect surprise!

Agreed that the point spread is indeed a problem for direct sales. Though I'm well aware that all the blue card benefits are not contracted, I don't feel Disney can diminish them right now, because it will further impact direct sales at a time when they can't afford that to happen. Also, no one takes into account potentially impactful new benefits Disney will no doubt add in the future. If direct sales continue to be problematic, they might very well be motivated to come up with unanticipated new benefits members can and will enjoy. What if they added an even larger AP discount? That could make a huge difference. Also, with my direct points, no, I don't have to give in to the Riviera restrictions. I'm free to book it at 7 months even though I wouldn't buy it as a home resort (due to the restrictions).

Though I know its debatable, its not impossible that resale prices will trend down the closer we get to 2042.
When fastpass goes to some kind of paid model when it comes back, DVC adding in some kind of fastpass benefit for new direct owners could be a big incentive as well.

When fastpass goes to some kind of paid model when it comes back, DVC adding in some kind of fastpass benefit for new direct owners could be a big incentive as well.

If that was the case it would probably be more likely to be included as blue card benefits rather than new direct owners. Probably just easier to keep track of that way.

If that was the case it would probably be more likely to be included as blue card benefits rather than new direct owners. Probably just easier to keep track of that way.
Agreed. It would be a blue card benefit...and a great one!

So I was looking at the prices for DVC and last night there were no special offers noteds for BLT, BCV, BWV, and SSR. Today there is a green bar stating special offers available. My sales guide is going to call me today at 10:30. I will post an update once I find out more. That could be why they have been buying up those contracts.

So I was looking at the prices for DVC and last night there were no special offers noteds for BLT, BCV, BWV, and SSR. Today there is a green bar stating special offers available. My sales guide is going to call me today at 10:30. I will post an update once I find out more. That could be why they have been buying up those contracts.
There are some special offers. We bought 200 pts at SSR and the discount was $2,000. It’s obviously more expensive than buying resale, but the process sure is easier and light years faster. If our OKW resale falls through we will probably just buy another 200 pt contract at SSR and have them set the same use year.

They are also currently giving you double points the first year (as in whatever you are buying for 2021 they will give you for 2020 and “Mickey” pays the dues on the 2020 pts). They setup our use year for October so we could use the 2020 points for summer and borrow enough points from 2021 to pay for a 14 day stay this summer.

There are some special offers. We bought 200 pts at SSR and the discount was $2,000. It’s obviously more expensive than buying resale, but the process sure is easier and light years faster. If our OKW resale falls through we will probably just buy another 200 pt contract at SSR and have them set the same use year.

They are also currently giving you double points the first year (as in whatever you are buying for 2021 they will give you for 2020 and “Mickey” pays the dues on the 2020 pts). They setup our use year for October so we could use the 2020 points for summer and borrow enough points from 2021 to pay for a 14 day stay this summer.
Just a note about the 2020 points, those are just current UY points that they have to give with the contact. If someone were to buy a Feb UY right now they would only get 2021 points.

Just a note about the 2020 points, those are just current UY points that they have to give with the contact. If someone were to buy a Feb UY right now they would only get 2021 points.
Correct, but they were able to give us whatever UY they deemed would work with our plans.

This is what worries me about my BCV contract. I hope they don't start buying back points if someone calls in and wants to add BCV and they see my contract waiting on ROFR and decide they want it lol. The wait is killing me!

You didn't have to pay any prorated 2020 MFs (dues)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter