ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe we found a small point contract with our Feb UY at Beach Club! We made a full price offer the moment I saw it since it was exactly what I was hoping for and at market rate. It's not a screaming deal, but it is a great deal for us!
Just got the email that we passed ROFR! I was really hoping we would pass last week while we were actually in WDW staying at the Beach Club, but it is still a sweet treat after our Disney vacation. WDW 2025 Birthday trip, here we come!

buffalobasingal---$135-$7863-50-BCV-Feb-0/23, 50/24, 50/25, 50/26- sent 1/24, passed 2/12

New to the Boards after acquiring a WDW obsession with kiddos in the last 2+ years. Finally taking the plunge on BLT based on location/transit/price per point/year and room inventory after research and wanting to upgrade (at least for a solid 10 days/year) from our value resort life... alas, you'll never convince me that Art of Animation kitsch on the skyliner is not amazing, but this girl needs a toaster.

And now we wait.

ParkWarriorPunzel---$127-$27670-200-BLT-Apr-0/22, 0/23, 400/24, 200/25- sent 2/7

New to the Boards after acquiring a WDW obsession with kiddos in the last 2+ years. Finally taking the plunge on BLT based on location/transit/price per point/year and room inventory after research and wanting to upgrade (at least for a solid 10 days/year) from our value resort life... alas, you'll never convince me that Art of Animation kitsch on the skyliner is not amazing, but this girl needs a toaster.

And now we wait.

ParkWarriorPunzel---$127-$27670-200-BLT-Apr-0/22, 0/23, 400/24, 200/25- sent 2/7
Your next treat will be a washer/dryer in the 1-BR and 2-BR. Once you stay in a room that has those you'll really feel spoiled!

@AstroBlasters is saying that if (and it's a big "if") they decided to limit banking and borrowing in anticipation of the 2042 resorts expiring, Disney likely wouldn't do it until around 2040, which leaves at least 15 years before said restrictions MIGHT be enacted.
To be fair, they did limit banking/borrowing during the pandemic…. so it is absolutely a tool in DVC’s tool belt that they have no problem using.

I sometimes wonder if they would ever go back to using it to deal with the availability complaints.

I remember Paul and Amy on DVC Fan stating that they felt “put in their place” by DVC with the pandemic banking/borrowing restrictions.

Where can I read a rundown of what happened with DVC during the parks shut down? I wasn't part of the DVC world at all back then.

Congratulations. Another Wilderness Lodge and Grand Cal family! Peter Dominick completion award is 2/3 of the way there.

For some additional fun insight into this adventure. I noticed how passionate @ClaraOswald was about DVC and her purchase of VGC a few months ago in April 2023 and I started this private group chat with her and @UrsulaWantsYourSoul and @AstroBlasters mostly just for fun but……

View attachment 831889
A little late to the party, but forgive me, we were on vacation last week at WDW and fully immersed in the Disney bubble. :mickeyjum

This cracks me up since I remember how excited ClaraOswald was too since I was in the process of selling my VGC while she was buying hers. I got a kick out of seeing how excited she was to be buying into VGC since I remember that feeling as well. I also remember all three of you being so excited for her as well!

How funny that we are both now are going through ROFR on a small point contract on a resort at WDW. While we were at WDW I was buying some merch and I told the cast member I have DVC and they jokingly said "What kind of condition is that?" I told them it leads to "add-on-itis". :earboy2:

@ClaraOswald, did I read correctly that you are staying there for the first time as a VGC owner this year?

A little late to the party, but forgive me, we were on vacation last week at WDW and fully immersed in the Disney bubble. :mickeyjum

This cracks me up since I remember how excited ClaraOswald was too since I was in the process of selling my VGC while she was buying hers. I got a kick out of seeing how excited she was to be buying into VGC since I remember that feeling as well. I also remember all three of you being so excited for her as well!

How funny that we are both now are going through ROFR on a small point contract on a resort at WDW. While we were at WDW I was buying some merch and I told the cast member I have DVC and they jokingly said "What kind of condition is that?" I told them it leads to "add-on-itis". :earboy2:

@ClaraOswald, did I read correctly that you are staying there for the first time as a VGC owner this year?

Yep! Our first VGC stay will be in June this year. Studio villa for 6 nights. We're driving so the whole vacation is actually 11 days long. Our first ever stay at the Grand Californian, in general, was last year and it's what made us want to purchase DVC. We always stayed on Harbor and never thought we'd even get the chance to stay at the Grand Cal ($$$$) until a friend offered us a friends/family discount for our stay last year and we just couldn't pass it up. I blame her for opening up this whole can of DVC worms. Ha!

lorie13---$120-$32915-250-AUL- Mar-500/24, 250/25, 250/26, subsidized - sent 02/12

Not my UY, but fully loaded and subsidized made more sense than buying a non subsidized contract for lower price per point and one of my UY.
I need to leave here before I want to buy another Aulani contract and be happy with what I have 😭

kimberwee---$155-$18608-110-PVB-Dec-0/22, 220/23, 110/24, 110/25- sent 1/12, passed 2/13

:cheer2: Finally heard back yesterday and truly believe it would have been shorter had we not had to sign an addendum on 1/26 to correct the listing #

Regardless, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
congrats! hopefully i'll hear on mine soon, signed an addendum on 1/30

I am really glad someone bought that 50pt PCB Sep UY contract that was tempting me… ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter