ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don’t know the answer, but is there a way to request the current owner bank the points so they’re not lost?

I would have had the current owner back the 2018 UY points in the contract, you might still be able to have them do this. Contact your broker and see what they say.

I emailed them this morning and they are going to contact the sellers and ask that they bank the 2018 points so that I don't stress out about it. Said that they would let me know. Definitely feel much better now.

I am someone currently selling through Fidelity. FYI, their commission is 6%, not 5%. Here was my thinking: I can sell my contract for less because they are taking about 2.5% less commission than a lot of the others. I wanted to sell a contract fast, and the quickest way to do that is by lowering the price which I can do if I'm paying less commission. Long story short, I bought a BWV contract at a decent price a few months ago, but then another one came along that we thought would be more our speed. We were too far along in the process with the first one and would've lost our deposit, so we bought it and are now selling it. Fidelity told me to list my contract, which didn't have points until 2019, at $118pp. That's what we did, and there were a couple of tire kickers who came in very low, but we ended up finding a buyer at a price that was reasonable considering all the circumstances. It isn't an amazingly high price for us nor a crazy low price for them. It is completely a fair price for what I have seen going on right now. BWV isn't selling in the $120's if stripped. I spoke with multiple brokers, and the average price they had suggested I list at was $120pp, but they told me to "expect to negotiate". DVCRM was very high for suggested listing at $126pp, but they have an almost identical contract to mine that has been sitting for a LONG time. Also, as a recent buyer through DVCRM with my BLT add-on, their listing prices are somewhat silly. The one I bought was listed for $147pp, and we settled on $135pp with only a couple of back and forths. Fidelity's commission hugely affected what was my bottom line price for selling my BWV contract. We transferred out the 2018 points, so we didn't lose any money on the deal and actually made a small profit, but my point is that the high commission is a deterrent to some of us as sellers. They didn't recommend that I list crazy low at $118pp for a stripped BWV contract. Also, it took almost a week to find a buyer. That makes me think that anything higher would have taken longer. After calculating in the difference that I could've gotten with a slightly higher sales prices but subtracting the extra commission, the amount is almost always net zero.

As a seller, did you consider DVC Magic? I don't have any experience selling, but I always see them advertising "lowest commission 4.5%". It's only 1.5% but could make a difference when you're barely breaking even.

I'm not sure if it is my web browser or their website, but you can't sort through the contracts to check for what you want.

But those are nice contracts.

Their listings page is awful on phones and tablets! I've stopped checking them because 99% of the time I'm using a mobile device.

As a seller, did you consider DVC Magic? I don't have any experience selling, but I always see them advertising "lowest commission 4.5%". It's only 1.5% but could make a difference when you're barely breaking even.

I’ve had a couple of bad experiences with them as a buyer, so I didn’t want to use them. Others have also reported bad experiences, so the 1.5% wasn’t worth it to me. :(

This is the site that I used to purchase (hopefully) my BLT contract. I have also had a very good experience so far. mark and Lori have been very responsive and helpful through the process thus far.
Mark and Lori at DVCSales.com have been extraordinarily helpful for us as well! We are using them for our SSR contract.

Interesting that on one site for AKV the instasale price had been 102 or 103 it is now 96.

I use their "instant sale" calculator to double check my offer is an amount that an established broker thinks they wouldn't lose money at. It's quite useful and reassuring for that.

AKV prices lately have been artificially propped up by the active exercising of ROFR. Maybe now that the ROFR seems to have slowed, prices are settling back down.

In the BWV vein, I am very surprised to see that two different BWV contracts at $115pp are still listed for sale on https://dvcsales.com/. I worked with Mark and Lori, and while my contract was taken via ROFR, they were amazing to work with. Both contracts have all 2018 points, and one even has 15 extra BWV points. I am seeing contracts on other sites being snapped up in the high $110's-$120's almost instantly with points like that. Thoughts from anyone?

My experience with them was best described as Jekyll and Hyde. Have to say I was extremely surprised - up until a problem arose they were absolutely lovely and I had already started recommending them to friends.

I looked at dvcsales and was amazed to see a VGF with 906 pts. I saw they can't close until December 15th, so I was wondering if it might have been a GW.

Does anyone know if a GW is resold, does it stay as a GW, or does it convert to points only?

Not that I have $142,000 to buy a VGF contract.

I looked at dvcsales and was amazed to see a VGF with 906 pts. I saw they can't close until December 15th, so I was wondering if it might have been a GW.

Does anyone know if a GW is resold, does it stay as a GW, or does it convert to points only?

I remember seeing a 906 point contract for sale a year or so ago. I wonder if it's the same one? I can't imagine that there are a ton of 906 point contracts out there on the resale market.

A GW contract, when resold, retains it's GW status. Guaranteed weeks are a benefit that tend to be well advertised, so I suspect this isn't one, and just a giant contract some poor (yes, I see the oxymoron) buyer's guide didn't have the sense to recommend they break up into smaller ones.

Preacherroe---$98-$31938-300-SSR-Aug-0/17, 300/18, 300/19, 300/20- sent 7/24

Attempt #3 -- here we go again. I feel better about this one passing ROFR, though, with the $98 pp. Getting 300 points this year seemed to make it worth it. Please tell me I'm right about that.

Last edited:
Oh boy just made another offer on a VGF contract today and we agreed on price. Paperwork to follow either tonight or tomorrow and then I will post the specifics.

We might just make a couple trips to the WDW next year as well. Yipppeeeee!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter