ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining the board with my first resale contract. We found our perfect contract and I am happy to have it in ROFR. Fingers crossed it passes and they don’t go on a Poly buy-back spree this month. Now I work on learning patience!

Shairpdrh---$148-$25482-160-PVB-Dec-0/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 8/8

Last edited:
For anyone like us who is getting nervous about the long wait:

According to last year's post from this time period, only 1 contract across all of the properties passed ROFR between August 1-8. The vacation seems to be real!

Everyone last year who submitted before 7/13 or 7/14 heard back at the end of July. Everyone who submitted 7/15 or later didn't hear back until August 8-14. However, people who submitted as late as 7/27 heard back on 8/14, which is more like the normal 17 days. I think they take the first week of August off and then the next week catching up:)

According to last year's post from this time period, only 1 contract across all of the properties passed ROFR between August 1-8. The vacation seems to be real!

Everyone last year who submitted before 7/13 or 7/14 heard back at the end of July. Everyone who submitted 7/15 or later didn't hear back until August 8-14. However, people who submitted as late as 7/27 heard back on 8/14, which is more like the normal 17 days. I think they take the first week of August off and then the next week catching up:)
Nice bit of investigative work.

Conclusion: ROFR Monkey has a timeshare in the Vegas.

Tired of playing God day in, day out, he heads there to drink (openly) and put his faith in a higher power: Lady Luck. True story.

Good news, he’ll be broke when he gets back (Karma) and people will be passing left and right.

Thanks for taking the time to post this, helps my anxiety and impatience a bit!

Excellent bit of investigative reporting! I submitted on 7/24, so according to your calculations, if I don't hear by 8/14, I'm going to be upset. :sad:

I can't go back and look at the ROFR records from last year. Makes me sick to see how much cheaper points were just this time last year! Who knows? Maybe they'll go up another 15-20% by next year.

I can't go back and look at the ROFR records from last year. Makes me sick to see how much cheaper points were just this time last year! Who knows? Maybe they'll go up another 15-20% by next year.

And there were a lot of fully loaded contracts to chose from, where as it seems most contracts are currently stripped. Glad we bought most of our points in 2016 and only a few in 2017. I feel bad for people try to buy in now.

And there were a lot of fully loaded contracts to chose from, where as it seems most contracts are currently stripped. Glad we bought most of our points in 2016 and only a few in 2017. I feel bad for people try to buy in now.

Yep. It just took me a while to get to the point where I could say, "Forget retirement! Let's use our savings to buy DVC!"

Resales DVC told me they "usually get a big batch of waivers on Thursdays, so hopefully you'll be hearing good news this afternoon".

WHERE IS MY EMAIL??? :surfweb:

Resales DVC told me they "usually get a big batch of waivers on Thursdays, so hopefully you'll be hearing good news this afternoon".

Interesting - I was told by my broker that they get waivers twice a week, but never on Tuesday or Thursday.

Interesting - I was told by my broker that they get waivers twice a week, but never on Tuesday or Thursday.

I think the explanations of when ROFR is waived and on what days, is like the the wait-list for points at closed resorts, it all depends on the person your talking to at that time.

I think the explanations of when ROFR is waived and on what days, is like the the wait-list for points at closed resorts, it all depends on the person your talking to at that time.
When we say the mouse has 30 days to review, is that 30 calendar days or 30 business days?

Mine was submitted 29 calendar days ago (or if there is a late time cut-off, perhaps 28 days ago). So if I don't officially hear today and they don't review over the weekend, I guess I pass by default? Is there any official notification if the time elapses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter