ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is an appropriate amount of time for sellers to return signed contracts before expressing concern?
i returned my paperwork last tuesday (3 hours after i received them). on Friday, i asked to be notified when the contracts went to Disney so i can start my ROFR countdown. was notified that seller hadn't returned paper work yet, and they would let me know when that happened. Don't want to keep bugging them, and maybe a week if reasonable. advice??

I just signed two resale contracts in the past month, as a buyer. They were from two different companies, and both were signed by me and the sellers within 12 hours, and submitted for ROFR within 24. Your wait seems unusual. I would think about contacting he broker again. Maybe he could tell them you need to have a response by the next day or you will be considering walking away from the deal?

Silly question... I know that ROFR stands for "Right of First Refusal" and I understand what that means.

But when actually pronouncing it out loud, do you spell out the letters? Are Oh Eff Are?

Or do you treat it like an acronym and say it like it's a word? Row-fur?

Or do you just always say "Right of First Refusal" to avoid this nonsense altogether? :rotfl2:

Silly question... I know that ROFR stands for "Right of First Refusal" and I understand what that means.

But when actually pronouncing it out loud, do you spell out the letters? Are Oh Eff Are?

Or do you just always say "Right of First Refusal" to avoid this nonsense altogether? :rotfl2:
I go with Row-Fur.

i also say the whole thing but tend to mix up the order of the words. First right of refusal rolls off the tongue better.

what is an appropriate amount of time for sellers to return signed contracts before expressing concern?
i returned my paperwork last tuesday (3 hours after i received them). on Friday, i asked to be notified when the contracts went to Disney so i can start my ROFR countdown. was notified that seller hadn't returned paper work yet, and they would let me know when that happened. Don't want to keep bugging them, and maybe a week if reasonable. advice??
The initial contract usually has a date by which the initial contract has to be returned - most contracts it's somewhere between 7-10 days. I think a work week (5 business days) is very reasonable to check up again. For the first 4 resale contracts I did, I had them sent to ROFR within 24 hours, but my last several, the sellers took up to a week to return the initial contract to send to ROFR, and then similarly for returning closing docs to send off to Disney to get me into the system...

Take a peek at your contract. It should have the date by which sellers need to sign. Mine was 7 days. I contacted the broker after 5 and they told me the seller had not yet signed, but when I received the signed contracts, the seller had it dated that they had signed on Day 3. Not sure whom to believe there, but of course, I just let it go. Day 3, Day 5, Day 7 - matters to us, but not really much to brokers...

I ❤❤❤❤❤ this question as a court reporter, a copy editor, and all-around "grammar nerd." I am also sending a high-five for your apt usage of "altogether."

I have no idea, in all actuality, but I have been saying row-fur - for 41 days now!!! It has to be tomorrow. 42 is always the answer!

I say ROFR...are-oh-eff-are. Since 2006.

Thought I'd share some things I found digging through the Orange County information to see what people are actually paying for BCV contracts.

74 BCV contracts recorded since 4/1, excluding direct sales.

6 ROFR'd. All 6 seem to be from before the closure and just filed late. Prices ranged from $77-$111.

Of the other 68, I was able to match 8 to a contract in this or a recent ROFR thread. All 8 were among the 28 lowest priced contracts, including the 3rd cheapest, 6th cheapest, 12th cheapest, and 2 tied for 15th cheapest.

The lowest price that Disney didn't take was $92. This appeared to come through after the parks closed. Another went for $99.5.

The highest price was $196 for a 50 pointer.

Excluding ROFR'd contracts, the average contract sold for $142, while the average point went for $138 (DVC Resale market lists their average for Apr-Jun as $141, $144, and $144, while DVCStore lists a range of $135-145)

Separately, I pulled all contracts for all WDW DVC resorts posted since 6/22 (when direct sales reopened) with a grantee of Disney. I found a few ROFRs but most of them appeared to be stragglers from March, while the others were unclear. Mostly foreclosures and a few that as best as I could tell were people literally giving the deed back to Disney (!!!).

Just heard this morning that I passed RoRF! I am one step closer to becoming a DVC Owner! :tigger:

Dear Pangyal, I have updated the string. The original one I posted while waiting was incorrect. (So sorry! Newbie here, and I didn't quite understand all the terms. This one is correct!) Thank you so much for all you do!

And Best of Luck to everyone waiting! 🍀 🏰 (I passed on Day 42 - go figure...)

CarpeDream71---$156-$8526-50-VGF-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 64/21, 50/22- sent 6/17, passed 7/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter