ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly my broker today said that they are getting contracts back that are 55 days out. I am on day 43 so it looks like it will be at least another 12 days. I was getting so excited seeing all of the dates after mine passing. This wait is just the start of another long wait after ROFR

I'm 6/30 as well! I've been happy seeing these 6/25 - hopefully next week!
I messaged my broker and he said he just received approvals through 7/25 yesterday so he would expect to see a result soon. Also said he has not seen any taken this month, so that helped calm my nerves.

I messaged my broker and he said he just received approvals through 7/25 yesterday so he would expect to see a result soon. Also said he has not seen any taken this month, so that helped calm my nerves.
Don't believe any have been taken since like 3/21/20 ish!

First time (potential) owner!:
Kickstart---$123-$26776-200-BLT-Feb-0/19, 204/20, 200/21- sent 7/30

Buyer will bank 2020 points... so maybe it should be?:
Kickstart---$123-$26776-200-BLT-Feb-0/19, 4/20, 400/21- sent 7/30

I'm paying 2020 fees.

I was putting in low offers and got a bite. Hopefully ROFR is still on pause for the next two months.
Now I just need to be patient for the next 8 to 11 weeks.... that will be hard to do :)

Last edited:
TonyCnLV---$81-$4050-50-HHI-FEB-0/19, 6/20, 50/21, 50/22- sent 6/25 passed on 7/30!
Congrats! Could you please reformat that with the link in post#1 so it can go on the list? (you got it pretty close... Impressive! )

Cowgirl_Jessie--- $63-$9919-150-HH-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 282/21, 150/22- sent 7/31

Big shout out to the group on thoughts on lowball offers and where are prices headed strings! :thanks:

Wahoo!

It took a few offers; however, it just felt that this reflected where prices should currently be for this contract and current environment. Using the refund from our cancelled March and then October trips makes it a little easier not to be headed there soon. Just a little though. LOL.

Just wondering why. some close in month and half and others. take over 3 months. I haven't waited long put. mine in mid July just hoping sooner then later

In some cases, there are errors in the paperwork and they get sent back and need to be updated. For example, lets say the sellers indicate that they have 100 points in 2020, 100 in 2021 and 100 in 2022 - and then when Disney checks it, it is 0 in 2020 - then the paperwork gets kicked back to fix it.

The buyer may not even get notified about it if the error or change is not something they need to approve (in the case of points being different they would find out) - but it could be a more simple clerical error that wouldn't require the buyer's approval.

I'm sure there are other reasons that may cause a delay in paperwork - it could be as simple as it getting "lost in the shuffle" of paperwork (do they use hardcopy for this stuff?), and while it seems like batches of ROFR approvals are going through around the same time, maybe one or two get missed and then get found later and approved. Just guessing on this last part here :)

BTW - Looks like no approvals today again. So we had approvals Mon-Thurs this week - but none on Friday. Interesting to see how things are going as I wait (im)patiently for my contract to be approved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter