ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve only read that about international sellers, not buyers.

They definitely buy back when sold to international buyers- there’s no reason not to- I had two taken.

You are correct in that they reportedly don’t buy from international sellers.

There is no reason at all a sale should be slower buying from a Hague convention country such as UK or Canada, so buying from an International seller from one of these places is a boon in many ways if you can be confident of avoiding ROFR.

Please add these to the list.

Red Dog Run---$100-$10,000-100-AKV-Oct-0/19, 0/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 8/4
$107-$7490-70-OKW-March-0/19, 0/20, 70/21, 70/22- sent 7/21

Nice to see a 100pt AKV contract for $100pp. What was the listing price and where did you find it, if you don’t mind me asking? I keep my eye open for small contracts with an Oct. use year at AKV but don’t recall seeing this.

I have an offer on SSR for $82pp at 175 points.

Looking doubtful then.
Wow what a deal! I hope it passes ROFR for you. Was it listed at this price or did you negotiate? I need to learn how to get into DVC at a great price, really considering it.

Galun---$218-$22997-100-VGC-Dec-0/19, 75/20, 100/21- sent 8/17

Just had an accepted offer over the weekend, they are doing the contracts on Monday, so the "sent" is a future date. Just super excited since I finally found our unicorn - a small point VGC in our use year. All our current contracts were accumulated over the past 8 years between net $40 - 80 per point. But the elusive VGC... Listened to Ariana Grande's 7 rings a few times (I see it, I like it, I want it, I get it) and pulled the trigger, price be damned.

Last edited:

Just had an accepted offer over the weekend, they are doing the contracts on Monday, so the "sent" is a future date. Just super excited since I finally found our unicorn - a small point VGC in our use year. All our current contracts were accumulated over the past 8 years between net $40 - 80 per point. But the elusive VGC... Listened to Ariana Grande's 7 rings a few times (I see it, I like it, I want it, I get it) and pulled the trigger, price be damned.

VGC is what it is and even with a new resort at DL it won't be directly connected to the park.

Fingers crossed nothing crazy happens.

I nabbed a 50 pointer in my UY and experienced substantial sticker shock even though I was well aware of what the market was doing. I COULD have purchased 150 Aulani points for the same cost... that's a bitter pill to swallow but at least now I need fewer points when the DLH tower goes on sale.

Good grab. I was thinking about making an offer on that one. Didn't last long...

There is no reason at all a sale should be slower buying from a Hague convention country such as UK or Canada, so buying from an International seller from one of these places is a boon in many ways if you can be confident of avoiding ROFR.
FYI, Canada is not part of the Hague Convention. Doesn’t usually cause a problem, but can add time to close. Currently buying Aulani, and it is causing a problem that will take us longer to get our documents returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter