ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I originally tried to buy BLT back in February/March but had offer’s rejected on 4 contracts. At least 3 sold for less than I offered.

Guessing you tried while the prices were on the way down but hadn't hit bottom, and owners hadn't yet revised their expectations.

Sometimes you just have to get lucky and find an owner with a different reference/anchoring point.

BLT direct price was $120 in Oct 2010 and $150 after August 2011. A seller who purchased pre-2010 is maybe somewhat more predisposed to accept an offer in the ~$130 range then a seller who purchased after 2011 with the mindset being "we enjoyed it for almost 15 years and got our money back". Of course, you don't usually know when the seller bought until they actually accept the offer and can look up the original deed...

Sometimes you just have to get lucky and find an owner with a different reference/anchoring point.

BLT direct price was $120 in Oct 2010 and $150 after August 2011. A seller who purchased pre-2010 is maybe somewhat more predisposed to accept an offer in the ~$130 range then a seller who purchased after 2011 with the mindset being "we enjoyed it for almost 15 years and got our money back". Of course, you don't usually know when the seller bought until they actually accept the offer and can look up the original deed...
If I were in the market for more points right now I would hold off until December/January when the MFs are due. With attendance dropping the people who rent their excess points may begin to have trouble getting renters and decide to offload their “extra “ contracts. The competition for buyers will drive the prices down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter