Roger Rabbit Sues Disney

FergieTCat

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
'Roger Rabbit' author sues Disney

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Who did Roger Rabbit's bookkeeping? The author of a novel made into the 1988 comedy "Who Framed Roger Rabbit," which featured real actors interacting with cartoon characters, has sued
the Walt Disney Co. over access to merchandising documents. Gary Wolf, who wrote the 1981 novel "Who Censored Roger Rabbit," claims the studio has blocked access to bookkeeping that may show he is owed royalties. Disney released "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" in 1988, and the film grossed nearly $250 million. It also won four Academy Awards for technical achievements. The company has continued to market merchandise featuring characters from the movie, such as Roger, seductive Jessica Rabbit and surly Baby Herman. Wolf agreed to the marketing of his characters, but said he simply wants to audit Disney to determine whether the company has paid him fairly. Disney spokeswoman Christine Castro said the company denies the charges made in Wolf's lawsuit. "We've received the complaint and reject its allegations," she said. "Unfortunately, such differences sometimes arise in business arrangements."

Speaking as a bookkeeper, I think if that were the case, they'd have no objection to Wolf having an independent audit performed to prove that they don't owe him anything...

I smell a weasel.

Sarangel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter