Roll call 3/13/2004 Western Magic cruisers...

Thank you MerryPoppins,
I kind of figured that DIS might stand for Disney, but I wasn't sure if it meant Disney or something else more specific to this messaging site. Thanks for the clarification.
Here's another question....
Do we all wear our lime green all the time or just on the first day or just on at sea days? I don't wanna mess this up! ;)

That's up to you. I think last time we wore ours mainly on the first day. It mainly depends on if you want DIS folks you haven't met to recognize that you are from the boards.

Personally, I'm contemplating putting a green bow on my water wallet this time, since I wear it almost all the time. I like being approached by DISers and making new friends.

I know something we haven't discussed. Next Wednesday is St. Patrick's Day - are you all bringing something green??? How about nice DIS lime green?::yes::

I picked up shamrock pins. Perhaps we'll tie our lime green ribbons to them. :teeth:

Okay guys.....Just another thought as everyone frantically packs.

Don't forget your GREEN as we will be celerating St. Patty's day in the tropics.

That's all for now, Bee

Hi all -

This is my first post. We are so very excited to cruise on Saturday!!!! This will be our second Magical Cruise. We cruised March 16, 2002 to the Eastern side.

We have two DDs 10 and 8. They are counting the hours. It ended up being a great math problem for them to solve!

I started packing tonight! One thing that I found we didn't have enough of last time was hangers...if you can fit some of the hangers from the cleaners in your luggage - do so.

The in-laws are leaving Chicago today and driving to Florida!

The time is dragging slower and slower, ugh!

Welcome IAtinkerbell! See you on Saturday!

I've also heard you can ask for additional hangers and they have some available. I think I'm going that route.

Wow! We're almost up to 100 people. That's exciting.

The orthodontist lifted DD's sugar ban just in time for the trip. She still can't have sugar between meals, but can enjoy yummy treats with her meals. She's so happy. I think we're going to do birthday cake one night, since her birthday is right after the cruise and she didn't get to have cake last year.

That's good to know about the hangers, Merry. I think I am going to pack a few though. I am also going to have a few things pressed, I assume they will return the items on hangers!

Good news for your DD, imagine having to look at all those desserts and not indulge! Pure torture!!!

Last cruise we asked for hangers and got a few more too. It was a scramble though.

I am looking forward to the relaxing and enjoying down time!

Okay kids, here is your customized weather report for next week (info from WeatherChannel.com):

Sat, Cape Canaveral Partly Cloudy 74
Sun, Key West Partly Cloudy 80
Mon, Partly Cloudy 80
Tues, Grand Cayman Partly Cloudy 85
Wed, Cozumel Scattered Showers 85
Thurs, Partly Cloudy 87
Fri, Bahamas Partly Cloudy 83

Not too bad!!
:sunny:

Not, too bad weather wise, thanks for that report!! If I throw in rain ponchos will that jinx the weather? Or will it guarentee we won't need them?

Everythings, ready to go except for the last minute stuff...Hopefully, if I stick to the plan -
My dd(6) will be wearing a bright lime green shirt - blond hair ear length bob, I'm 5'8" with very short brown hair and planning to wear a "dull" lime green t-shirt. Can't tell you what the guys will wear - but, my husband is 6'6" and "tweed" -(it's a mix of everything)colored hair. my ds(9) has brown hair and is all arms and legs...

we'll meet y'all 4:30 @scoops. I might be wandering around with my head in the clouds so, just trip me to get my attention.

6'6"!!! They must grow them big in Houston!!

We are short Italians, both my DH and I are 5'6", but according the the height/weight charts I should be 6'6" as well!! (I'm not too heavy, just too short!) Anyway, can't wait to meet everyone at 4:30 at Scoops!

Deb

IATinkerbell,
I'm from Iowa as well! You wouldn't happen to be a Girl Scout leader would you? I look forward to "meeting" you ;)

We are a family of 4 brunettes with two teenagers. You will be able to identify us by matching up father/son (both wearing glasses) and mother/daugher. Our kids are carbon copies of us. Except for my daughter and I. She is a perfect combination of height and weight and I too am a little short :rolleyes:

We have all started "gathering" but no packing until underwear gets washed on Thursday.

Does anyone think we should bring ponchos?

There's still too much to do to get really excited. I'll save that for Friday night, not be able to sleep, and be exhausted for travel on Saturday. That the trgthatsme way! Once I board the ship I'm sure to get a second wind and be my perky, delightful self for the meet and greet at Scoops. :cool1:

See you all there!

Can't miss us! We'll be the two 'hip' single moms traveling with an obnoxious number of boys that seem too old to be ours!? (This is nice because when they say or do something embarassing we can just say that we are just the babysitters!?) Don't think we will have lime green on but I am slender build (a runner) and 5'8", brown hair and my friend is shorter with brown hair. Like I said -- just look for the pack of boys ages 7 to 12! I am going to try to be at Scoops definitely so the kids can meet some new friends and it will be fun running into everyone at dinners/excursions, etc... Thanks for the nice weather report! :sunny: We leave for the airport first thing Friday morning!

As I take a few moments away from all the last minute stuff, just thought I'd check in. Our group will also introduce ourselves at 4:00 at Scoops. I don't think I'll be able to convince my kids/nephew to wear lime green but I'll be sporting lime green mickey heads somehow. The weather forcast looks great! Thanks decolady. You are really on top of things!!!! We are getting picked up at 3:00 am on Saturday morning, leaving out of BWI at 5:30am. We are really excited. My sister and nephew are going to be in for a treat as this is their first cruise ever!!! Bon Voyage to everyone and have a smooth trip to Florida and the port. See y'all on broad. 2 1/2 days and counting, Bee

Hi everybody!

We're flying out tomorrow morning, spending a couple days in Orlando. I'm kind of frantic, kind of have a headache, but overriding it all is the excitement. I still can't quite believe it. I can't quite imagine myself on this cruise. We are all so excited. My DD(15) as well as my DS (12), DH and I know we're going to have a great time.

I hope everyone has the best time on this cruise. We're all kind of shy - even for me just to post - but we may come up to Scoops as well. It would be nice to put some faces to names from this board!

This board, by the way, has really helped with ideas for shore excursions and packing, and just sharing the excitement. Thank you all.

Jackie:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter