• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room assignment in Kidani- suggestions?

GoofyDad1970

Earning My Ears
Hello friends! From late December to early January we will be using our DVC for the first time, staying at Kidani. We bought it sight unseen, so I don't know what to expect.

Does anyone have a suggestion re how it get a good room assignment? We are in a standard view one bedroom, and I don't know that we will be spending much time at the hotel to swim or other hints- probably spending most of our time at the parks. I hear everything can be far and inconvenient, so any tips are appreciated.

Specifically can anyone recommend (1) where is the best area to stay, (2) how can I get a room in the recommended place? Also, what is the advantage/disadvantage of checking in 60 days in advance? Thanks!

Given that you are in standard view, I would request just one thing...near the bus stop.

If you are checking in the last week of December, the resort will be at full occupancy. Your options for being assigned a villa will be limited to which villas are open on the day you check in - you will be at the mercy of who checks out the day you check in.

Standard view at KV is basically parking lot and pool (just beyond the parking lot).

Except for the savanna view rooms that were converted to standard, the standard views are on the south wing overlooking mostly road and bus area and the north wing looking towards the pool. Here are three different suggestions for a room request:

1. Near the Timon elevator, high floor. That is on the south wing and would put you near the exit that is closest to the bus stop and it is also fairly close to the lobby and the community hall.

2. Near the Rafiki elevator, high floor. That puts on the north wing with somewhat of a longer walk to the lobby, but it looks out toward the pool and if room is just far enough north and on high floor you can actually get a partial view of the south end of the Pembe Savanna. Also if you go down the Rafiki elevator, it gives you the shortest walk possible in the resort to the pool.

3. Near the Pumba elevator or near a standard grand villa. That will put you on the north wing and give a long walk to the lobby and to most everything else, except the pool is not too bad, but it will put you overlooking the Pembe savanna in a savanna room that was converted to standard. The conversion occurred because the savanna outer fence comes fairly close to the building there and thus animals will more likely pass through rather sit in that area.

If you want to make a request you must do it through Member Services (don't rely on the requests that can be made when doing on-line check-in, in fact don't use those at all) and should do it now. No request is guaranteed.

I am not interested in the view. I am interested in maximizing convenience and minimizing inconvenience. Thanks.

Near Timon elevator. That way you're close to your car (if you'll have one) the bus stop, the lobby (with drink station), and still on the side of the hotel closest to Jambo, where the quick service restaurant is.

I would definitely say close to lobby then. This was our request this fall and we were very happy with how close we were to the bus stops and lobby.

If you are checking in the last week of December, the resort will be at full occupancy. Your options for being assigned a villa will be limited to which villas are open on the day you check in - you will be at the mercy of who checks out the day you check in.
This is probably true on any given day that you check in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter