Room availability on official site vs agent

BostonEd

I'd rather be skiing.
Hi. I just went to book a room on the UO site, and the rooms I wanted were all booked. After panicking, I checked UndercoverTourist and did see some availability. Is this a case of some rooms being blocked out for travel agents, or is Undercover "wrong"?

If I called the official number, is there any chance they might see rooms which aren't showing up on the website?

Also, any idea why the 3rd week of April is so booked up already? This is the week AFTER Easter week, which usually isn't so bad.

I guess never mind. After "clicking through" the rooms on Undercover Tourist, they say they are not available.

So, this question still holds:
Also, any idea why the 3rd week of April is so booked up already? This is the week AFTER Easter week, which usually isn't so bad.
And should I check back daily for cancellations? Seems really weird that they're so booked up already.

EDIT: I guess the question of if I should call Loews directly also still applies.

Last edited:
Something is up, this morning at dates I was looking for rooms at all hotels were available for reasonably normal prices. I've just checked now and several hotels are full, few room types available, and Cabana Bay is more expensive than HRH and RP! The entire resort hasn't been that heavy booked up for 3 nights in the space of a few hours.

Wonder if they are doing something with inventory ahead of a possible sale?

Agree with @pmas I have been checking every day for spring break AP rates, there has been plenty of availability and no good rates yet. Now all of a sudden most resorts are fully booked except a few suites and larger units available across all resorts. I hope you’re right and it has something to do with a sale!

Yes, something is wrong with the Universal website. Even Adventura is showing over $500 per night for the middle of the week in August and September.

Yes, something is wrong with the Universal website. Even Adventura is showing over $500 per night for the middle of the week in August and September.
Yup I’m seeing the same, no value resorts and $850 adventura is the cheapest room on property. This morning all rooms at all resorts seemed available.

Phew! I thought I royally blew it by not booking yet. I especially like the "possible sale" rumor up there. 😂

Seems like whatever was going on is resolved, all inventory back. Sadly at standard prices!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter