Room differences at AKV

Kitterleen

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what the differences are in an AKV 'value' studio and a 'standard view' studio. Is it a room sz difference or is it just the view or am I not getting it at all? This has probably already been discussed, but I can't find where.:confused3

Oh, and one more thing, has it been definitely determined when DVCers not owning AKV can book at AKV? I've heard May, then heard June.

Nothing official from DVC yet on this, no floor plans, no published villa sizes. People have reported hearing from their guides that the Value villas are smaller or oddly shaped. I expect these will be created by converting the standard-size AKL rooms which are 40-50 square feet smaller than the deluxe-size AKL rooms. I expect the Standard view villas will be the larger size, but with non-savannah views (pool, garden, parking lot, etc.)

AKV owners can start booking on May 16th with AKV points. Everyone can book starting June 6th using any points (subject to the 7-month window).

This may be a silly question and may have already been addressed......does anyone know how many actual DVC rooms will be available in the converted AKL rooms? Any word on how many studios, 1 bdrms, 2 bdrms there will be in the existing building? I'd really like to stay there for our 1/08 visit, but, we definitely need a 2 bdrm and if there will only be a few available I don't want to get my hopes up (we haven't added on at AKV.......yet....and probably won't for a year or two) since I can't book until June.

Donna: DVC has stated that there will be 134 rooms opening in the existing AKL building this September. Of these, it appears that about 6 will be GV and that up to 46 will be dedicated studios.

The remaining 82 or so will be 2 BR lockoffs, which each can be sold either as a 2BR or as a stuido and 1BR. Most of these will be savanna view, with only a few (5?) club rooms and a few (4?) value rooms. Based on looking at the existing floor plan from the AKL, I would guess about 14 of the 2BR lockoffs will have a pool view, which might be bookable as standard view.

Hope this helps. -- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter