room discount/dining plan- sorry worded wrong should be package discount

disneynewbee

DIS Veteran
I've emailed disney this question but have not yet recieved a response. Anyone know how long they usually take to reply? It was quite a while ago. Anyway I know that if you get the free dining you cannot get a room discount, I'm assuming that is because you can only get one discount per package. What if you are paying for your dining? Can you get a room discount then? I figured if you are paying for dining it isn't really a discount so I figured you should be able to but I don't know. I wish they would email me back with an official answer. With the dining plan we kinda break even since my 12yo is an adult :rotfl2: but we like that it is prepaid and we can just go order and that is it but it isn't really a savings. If discounts come out and we can't get them due to having the dining plan we would actually lose money on the deal. I am so confused on what to do. :sad2: I would call disney but we all know you can get 10 different answers for the same question.

You can only get the dinning plan when you buy a 'package', that is the room and tickets together. To count as a package rather than a room only reservation (even if it is with tickets) it cannot be a discounted room. The only exception is if you book through AAA.

I'm sorry I worded it wrong, I do have a package booked, so if they offer a package discount I wouldn't be able to get it if I have dining right?

Right now I don't think there are any "package discounts" other than the free dining for the fall, which promotion expired the other day.

If you have a package booked, it means that you have room and tickets together. In order to purchase the dining plan, you must purchase a package, which again includes room and tickets. The only way to get a discount on the room portion of the package is to book it through AAA. Then you will be able to get the room discount, get the tickets, and purchase the dining plan.

I would think that if Disney came out with some other discounted package plan, they would not allow you to purchase the dining plan, since it is usually offered only when you pay rack rate for the room (other than through AAA, which has a special arrangement w/ Disney). So if you have a package booked, you should be able to add dining to your package, paying the standard $37,99/adult/day and $10.99/child/day.

Hope that helps.

Now I'm confused too. I thought even if you purchased all separately (piece meal) you could add the dining plan to your tickets?? So actually I have to pay AAA's higher priced MYW base ticket price instead of getting them from Ticketmania or other discount broker. Is this true? :confused3

Were you able to get a room discount through AAA even with the free dining offer????????

I have AAA but booked through disney. I hope i did not miss out on an extra savings :confused3

disneybound31 said:
Now I'm confused too. I thought even if you purchased all separately (piece meal) you could add the dining plan to your tickets?? So actually I have to pay AAA's higher priced MYW base ticket price instead of getting them from Ticketmania or other discount broker. Is this true? :confused3

No, you can't purchase the dining plan separately. If you're a DVC member staying on points, you can, but otherwise, you must get the package with the room, tickets, and dining grouped together.

disneybound31 said:

Yes, you have to pay the higher priced MYW base ticket to get the dining plan. BUT, you only have to buy a one day base ticket to get the dining package. If you already have your tickets from Ticketmania, you can buy a one day base ticket and save it for another trip.

And if you are going thru AAA you are probably saving more on the AAA room discount than the few dollars saved getting the tickets thru a broker. I didn't spend alot of time looking at broker ticket prices but the savings didnt seem huge. Compared to the, I think, 10-20% discount you can get from AAA on a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter