Room discount - how does it work if you are already booked and paid off? This gives me anxiety.

Never said it happened to me. Read the post.

ETA: Once a reservation is gone, it's gone. Especially on the DVC end, where there IS a waitlist. Again, this particular OP hasn't specified the way they booked. But when a mistake is made on the DVC end, the room is gone and there's no way to get it back.

So why are you on here giving out information of which you have no first-hand knowledge of? You claim people lose reservations by calling in and modifying them, though this has never happened to you . . . I don't see how simply making up things and posting them on here is helpful to anyone.

Thanks everyone, but as luck would have it (at least mine) the discount only went to 10/7 and we arrive 10/25! :rotfl:

No big deal as we were prepared to pay full price and are paid off already.

Thanks for all your help and maybe they will release some for my timeframe!

Thanks everyone, but as luck would have it (at least mine) the discount only went to 10/7 and we arrive 10/25! :rotfl:

There may be more discounts later in the summer that cover the time after Oct. 7.

I changed my reservation 3 times in 2015 for my honeymoon. Started off at POFQ, then got a Visa card discount and rebooked at WL, then got a pin code for another 10% off and rebooked a WL, then a room opened at VWL (now Boulder Ridge) and moved to there, then, after a room issue hiccup at check in, ended up in a Courtyard View room at WL. It is fine to check for discounts and try to get a better price, and usually, as long as your outside your cancellation window, it isn't going to hurt anything.

According to my past emails I received a discount in July 2015 for our trip in Dec 2015. Keep the faith! I think Mousesavers shows it was August last year for late dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter