room for 5

bex7583

DIS Veteran
hi i live in the uk and would really like to do a cruise as part of our next florida holiday

it will be our first cruise so i have lots of questions

firstly the royal carribean website doesnt let me search for 2 adult and 3 children does this mean we need to find another cruise line or just book by phone??

i have looked also at carnival that lets me search for 5 people but then the results always split us in to 2 rooms , does that mean the 5 poeple rooms are sold out or they are just simply non that fit us in

i have looked at the disney cruise line brochure and they do have the rooms for 5 people but the prices were a lot more than i expected , however i have since found out that you get food and drink included in that cost

we can leave out of any florida port and we are not fussy as to destinations

i have no idea on prices for this so as to know whether i have found a good deal or not so if anybody can point me in some direction or tell me what i need to be looking for its a great help

thankyou

oh and we have a 6,7,8 year old

Unfortunately you do have to call to get pricing on Royal Caribbean's 5 person rooms. They dont offer them online.

We are a family of 5 and recently sailed RC Freedom of the seas, out of Port Canaveral, FL. We stayed in a family ocean view room and it was wonderful! There is a queen bed, a couch that makes into a bed, and a bunk bed area. So it can sleep 6.

We did book during a sale. It was 3rd, 4th & 5th person sail free. (Only paying port fees and taxes) the cruise price was just about $2,490. Gratuities for 5 people will be $420. We didnt pay any extra for food. Plenty is included, although you can pay extra for specialty restaurants if you want. We did pay a little over $100 for soda packages for the kids. Tea, water, coffee, lemonade and juice and milk at breakfast are included. Alcohol is extra but we arent drinkers so didnt pay extra for that.

Hope that helps give you an idea. I felt we got a really good deal and the kids really enjoyed the cruise. Plenty to do and they loved the kids clubs. Our kids are 7, 11 & 15.

Also consider the cost for have two rooms connecting or near one another. The main benefit is an additional bathroom.... without needing to use the balcony.

Once you have more than 3... it the cost almost justifies a second room.

We sailed on Freedom of the Seas as a family of 5 in June. We ended up in two balcony rooms. We originally had a balcony and an interior, but a price drop gave us the second balcony for an extra $100.

DW & I were in one cabin and the three kids (15, 10, 8) in the other.

Unfortunately you do have to call to get pricing on Royal Caribbean's 5 person rooms. They dont offer them online.

We are a family of 5 and recently sailed RC Freedom of the seas, out of Port Canaveral, FL. We stayed in a family ocean view room and it was wonderful! There is a queen bed, a couch that makes into a bed, and a bunk bed area. So it can sleep 6.

We did book during a sale. It was 3rd, 4th & 5th person sail free. (Only paying port fees and taxes) the cruise price was just about $2,490. Gratuities for 5 people will be $420. We didnt pay any extra for food. Plenty is included, although you can pay extra for specialty restaurants if you want. We did pay a little over $100 for soda packages for the kids. Tea, water, coffee, lemonade and juice and milk at breakfast are included. Alcohol is extra but we arent drinkers so didnt pay extra for that.

Hope that helps give you an idea. I felt we got a really good deal and the kids really enjoyed the cruise. Plenty to do and they loved the kids clubs. Our kids are 7, 11 & 15.

this is so helpfull , how many night cruise was it , that seems a really good price i will have to watch out for the sale( where was it advertised) also what time of year did you book and sail ?

we are not huge drinkers either so will be no problem to just pay o.o.p for the odd cocktail

are all the kids activities charged extra ?

bex7583 said:
this is so helpfull , how many night cruise was it , that seems a really good price i will have to watch out for the sale( where was it advertised) also what time of year did you book and sail ?

we are not huge drinkers either so will be no problem to just pay o.o.p for the odd cocktail

are all the kids activities charged extra ?

Glad I can help! I can't remember for sure where I first saw the sale advertised. But I know I booked it in March and we sailed in October. It was a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise.

The kids club activities are free of charge except after 10 p.m. Then it is $7 per kid/per hour. We didnt plan on using it late but they do talk up these hours to the kids by advertising special things after 10 p.m. one night it was dodgeball tournaments, one night it was a "trash the room party" where they got to toilet paper the room. We let our 11 yr old pick a night and he got to stay late. Even when I picked him up after midnight he was shaking his head "no" through the window when he saw me coming to get him :)

Ice skating, flow rider, rock wall are all free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter