Room Keys?

Keith Anderson

Earning My Ears
We will be checking in without the two kids, but meeting up with them and their friends later in the morning at IOA. My question is will they go ahead and give us their room keys at check-in so that we will all have express access on the rides?

Yup! Just got back yesterday and they did exactly that. ANd that FOTL access is worth every penny!

Yes, they give you your room keys even if your room is not ready. They will give you a number to call to check when your room is ready. At that time you will get your room number. Meanwhile, you can enjoy express access using your room card. It's awesome!

FOTL is like gold. Those room keys create their own special magic!

I thought you had to check in with your entire party and show ID with ages, etc. Thought I read that somewhere. :rolleyes:

So basically, if the above is true, a couple could basically fib and say that they had young kids (that stay free) when in fact a they could have adult children (over 18 and an extra person charge of $20 pp) and no one would ever know! Therefore, they could save an extra $20 to $60 by not having their children with them at check-in. Hmmmmmm

Originally posted by Familyof14
I thought you had to check in with your entire party and show ID with ages, etc. Thought I read that somewhere. :rolleyes:

So basically, if the above is true, a couple could basically fib and say that they had young kids (that stay free) when in fact a they could have adult children (over 18 and an extra person charge of $20 pp) and no one would ever know! Therefore, they could save an extra $20 to $60 by not having their children with them at check-in. Hmmmmmm

Actually what they do is put all minor's DOB on the room key with their names so that is not possible. It is checked at each ride for verification from what I am told. Of course most minors don't have ID's but I suggest you'd better look under 18 if you try that! And the extra person charge for the room I just booked was $25.00.

Originally posted by Familyof14

No you cannot do this. I am currently looking at our room keys from our past two trips. On the kid's keys, their age is printed directly under their name. Not their birthdates, but their actual age. We never have to show any ID for the kids when checking in, but they do ask their ages which are then printed on the room key.

Keith - That's probably what I had read.

You misunderstood me. :p Although one of my children could pass for 17, I am not planning to defraud Universal. Just thought how easy it could be to defraud if someone were to use your tactic.

We have already booked our room at Portofino and paid the extra fee for 2. Our son is still 16. I thought the extra person fee was $20, I didn't stop to add it up. We are paying $255 for a Garden View room.

They were nice enough to count my 18 yr. old (turns 19 in Nov.) as child so there is no $25 per night extra charge for this July.....whew!!! I don't know if the policy is "18 and under" or "under 18" but I'm glad to finally save on something!

That is good luck! We have to rent a rollaway on top of all the other extra charges. Universal really does get you. We are getting two rooms at Disney's Pop Century for a lot less than the price of one room at Portofino! I wish Universal had a Value hotel as well, but they probably would not include the FOTL pass. I keep telling myself that we are paying extra for that, but it hurts when you are staying two nights and only going to Universal for one day.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter