Room only discount code club

What dates were covered?

I deleted the one from DCL but here are the dates for Aulani:

Save up to 25% on a 4-night stay when you book with your Disney Rewards® Visa® Card.
Call 1-866-470-5134 to book or click here to start exploring Aulani now.
10/30/11-11/12/11
11/27/11-12/24/11
1/4/12-1/12/12
1/16/12/-1/31/12

I got two emails this morning....one from Disney Cruise Lines for 25% off and another from Disney Visa for 25% off Hawaii. ARGH! Gotta laugh...:rolleyes:

I got the one for Aulani as well. Yeah, right. If they extended the dates to cover next Fall I'd consider it, but there is no way I can just up and go to Hawaii w/in the next couple months. That is an expensive venture.

Wish I had gotten the DCL one though.

Hi,
I have been checking online and during our dates there are no rooms available in the category we have reserved. Given that fact should I assume that even if a GP RO discount comes out I would not be able to get the discount unless I changed resorts?

Thanks.

Hi,
I have been checking online and during our dates there are no rooms available in the category we have reserved. Given that fact should I assume that even if a GP RO discount comes out I would not be able to get the discount unless I changed resorts?

Thanks.

Yes - that is exactly what you should assume.

Well, i'm out. I booked the Dolphin last night and ordered my park tickets from UT. And got my MNSSHP party tickets.

So our trip is now set! :banana: I'm pretty happy overall. The Dolphin Starpicks rate (as low as $139/night - expires tomorrow) was just too good to pass up. We saved $400 off what we would have paid at YC. And we're still close to Epcot, which was the goal.

And that's assuming we could have even gotten the YC discount. After playing around DSis finally figured out why the site was behaving so oddly this past week for us. There was availability -- but there was no availability for all of our dates at any one resort/room type. So even doing a split stay between YC/BC, our chances of getting a discount for all 4 nights was practically nil.

I still believe there will be a discount. But this one is not for us. I am sad that I won't be getting DME mail. :sad2: But i'm excited about the trip we have planned. :goodvibes

Well, i'm out. I booked the Dolphin last night and ordered my park tickets from UT. And got my MNSSHP party tickets.

So our trip is now set! :banana: I'm pretty happy overall. The Dolphin Starpicks rate (as low as $139/night - expires tomorrow) was just too good to pass up. We saved $400 off what we would have paid at YC. And we're still close to Epcot, which was the goal.

And that's assuming we could have even gotten the YC discount. After playing around DSis finally figured out why the site was behaving so oddly this past week for us. There was availability -- but there was no availability for all of our dates at any one resort/room type. So even doing a split stay between YC/BC, our chances of getting a discount for all 4 nights was practically nil.

I still believe there will be a discount. But this one is not for us. I am sad that I won't be getting DME mail. :sad2: But i'm excited about the trip we have planned. :goodvibes

Have a great time!!!! I was looking at this after reading your post but they are booked for our dates.

Hi there. I have been following this thread for about a month now. Been hoping for a RO discount for 3rd week of Oct. but have about given up. I keep reading about people who call and get a PIN number. Do you have to already have a reservation to do this? Otherwise how do they have your name and address etc.?

Also, I think I have read here that some folks book say a moderate and then get offers from a PIN to upgrade to a deluxe. Is that correct?

I am about tired of waiting as need to get air as well so need to book something so just trying to get some advice from the experts here as what is my best strategy for booking now and possibly upgrading later. Any advice is much appreciated.

PS Have also read on here about the Swan/Dolphin special rate and appreciate that good info. That is a great great!

Hi there. I have been following this thread for about a month now. Been hoping for a RO discount for 3rd week of Oct. but have about given up. I keep reading about people who call and get a PIN number. Do you have to already have a reservation to do this? Otherwise how do they have your name and address etc.?

If you truly have a pin, then you will have gotten it in the mail or email. Sometimes, they magically appear when you call. If you get an offer, don't wait to think about it because they also magically disappear if you hang up. :rotfl: You can call and ask but don't be suprised if you don't have one. It is pretty rare.

Also, I think I have read here that some folks book say a moderate and then get offers from a PIN to upgrade to a deluxe. Is that correct?

These happen when the the values are booked up and I don't think they are sending them out right now. They seemed to have balanced things out

I am about tired of waiting as need to get air as well so need to book something so just trying to get some advice from the experts here as what is my best strategy for booking now and possibly upgrading later. Any advice is much appreciated.

Booking or not booking seems to have little impact on codes. Registering a new email address, ordering maps, ordering the Disney DVD, saving some resort offers or making a new dining reservation are all reported ways to raise your chance at getting a code. Seems more like luck and how often you don't go to Disney. Finally, you will need a lot of luck because that week is pretty booked due to conventions, Food & Wine and the golf tournament. It probably wouldn't be eligible for a RO discount anyway. Good luck with a pin. I was lucky to get a 10% off tease. Really wanted a 40% of Deluxe code :sad2:

PS Have also read on here about the Swan/Dolphin special rate and appreciate that good info. That is a great great!

Enjoy your trip. We will be there about the same time without a room only or a free dining discount too.

Enjoy your trip. We will be there about the same time without a room only or a free dining discount too.

Us, too - for the first time since 2002 :sad2:. Apparently, since there are so few Theme Park View rooms at the GF (they hooked us 2 years ago when they upgraded our parents and us grom a GV), they book up fairly quickly. I have been checking and there are no TPV rooms available anymore for our week, so no discount for us even if they do release a RO code. DH doesn't want to downgrade to a GV room (can't blame him - the view of the fireworks alone make it worth it to us), so...

At least last year we got the $500 gift card, which was better than nothing. Well, it's all paid for now, so when we go we won't think about it anymore and we'll have as much fun as we always do!

Good luck to everyone else for a good discount code!

:sunny:

The Starpicks rate I got for S/D last week is expired. But check swan dolphin.com. Rack rates are down for some days. Also check their Special Offers page. And check Travelocity. They also have regular discounts for Starwood members, teachers and some other stuff. There's still a lot of discounts there. Good luck. :wizard:

I booked our trip last April, staying at POFQ this October. A few weeks ago I received at PIN via email to upgrade to BWI for $33 additional per night. I seriously considered it but decided to stick with POFQ. Yes, I am crazy, but I LOVE POFQ.

I've gotten a lot of PINs earlier this year but nothing I could use. :sad2:

Well, we leave tomorrow 9/28 and we never did get a room only discount for Sunday 10/2, so we are moving from BCV to Pop for the nights of 10/1 and 10/2. We are paying rack rate for one of the nights 10/2 at Pop, have a small discount for 10/1 at Pop and the 40% discount for 3 nights at BCV.
We are visiting family on Sunday, so the change will be OK.

Oh man...we got a PIN for our room only dates 11/10-11/13 (3-nights), but no availability at our chosen resort, POFQ. There IS availability @ CBR - and we also could add another day to our free dining if we switched to CBR - savings of $266 - plus whatever additional savings we have using DDP versus OOP. That's almost 10% of the cost of our entire trip. (OK - really about 7 %.)

We have two days to decide (our 45 day date is Thursday, and would move to tomorrow if we change).

NPcougar and others. Thank you so much for the info and advice. Looks like those PIN's are a mystery that is yet to be solved. Maybe they are assigned by the Fairy godmother! The dining plan is available for my dates (Oct. 23-27th) I have never used that before, but from reading about it, it looks like it could be a good deal to get a moderate with a dining plan. Was hoping for a deluxe RO rate, but in the absence of that think this may be a good option. Thanks again!

Oh man...we got a PIN for our room only dates 11/10-11/13 (3-nights), but no availability at our chosen resort, POFQ. There IS availability @ CBR

CBR is my favorite! I'd switch in a heart beat.

I'm very disappointed in Disney for not releasing a room only code to the general public. They released them for AP and FL resident, so my friend was able to book our room with a discount because she's a FL resident. I really dislike that residents get the breaks while those of us paying to fly in don't. I also really dislike the random unfairness of pin offers. I'm sure we'll have a magical time anyway!

CBR is my favorite! I'd switch in a heart beat.

I'm very disappointed in Disney for not releasing a room only code to the general public. They released them for AP and FL resident, so my friend was able to book our room with a discount because she's a FL resident. I really dislike that residents get the breaks while those of us paying to fly in don't. I also really dislike the random unfairness of pin offers. I'm sure we'll have a magical time anyway!

Thanks for the comment on CBR. We aren't against CBR as we've never been there and have heard good things, but we really like POFQ and it's been 3 years. We're leaning towards the switch though - it's too much money to leave on the Table. I'm biggest concerned about the buses. I hate missing rope drop, and it'll be hard to get a feel for how long the buses take.

The PIN sent to us expires 10/7/11 even though its good through 12/17...so maybe there's still a chance a GP code will come out. I am amazed we haven't seen one.

Was just getting ready to book the Dolphin at $139 per night (pre-pay non refundable rate) then got an email this morning. Here are the details for those of you that are still waiting.
Deluxe’s
Animal Kingdom lodge. Price without pin $280, price with pin $182
Saratoga Springs reg. $325 (studio) is now $211
Wilderness lodge Regular $330 is now $214
Contemporary reg. $325 now $211
Moderate’s
Caribbean beach resort reg. price $164 now $123
Coronado Springs reg. $169 now $145

I am actually helping a honeymoon couple with this trip and the bride to be got the pin email. No current reservation, I just signed them up for emails about 2 months ago and she got this last night. I also signed up groom and myself and neither of us got the pin email.

Would any here care to comment on their choice for a honeymoon couple? Most romantic?? I'm thinking maybe WL. AK is nice but so far out and they don't want to rent a car. Also wondering if the Dolphin at $139 is still worth booking. I love the location of the Dolphin and $139 is a great rate. Last but not least their dates qualify for free dining as well, so wondering if I should still consider. These rates look to be about $100 to $115 less per day. Would the price of the food for 2 not be at least this much? They are young so pretty healthy eaters. I have never done the dining plan so don't know how valuable it is. However, finding openings is late may be limited and having to make reservations does take away the spontaneity of just eating when and where you want. Any thoughts? Thanks so much for any help

Thanks for the comment on CBR. We aren't against CBR as we've never been there and have heard good things, but we really like POFQ and it's been 3 years. We're leaning towards the switch though - it's too much money to leave on the Table. I'm biggest concerned about the buses. I hate missing rope drop, and it'll be hard to get a feel for how long the buses take.

The PIN sent to us expires 10/7/11 even though its good through 12/17...so maybe there's still a chance a GP code will come out. I am amazed we haven't seen one.

We have stayed at the CBR six years in a row and we have never had any issues with the buses. They usually came within minutes of us walking up to the bus stop and if they didn't, the longest wait was about 15 minutes. I think my husband had to wait 25 for a Hollywood Studios bus but it was about 1:00 p.m. and wasn't peak "going to and from the parks" time.

I actually timed our rides to the theme parks this last trip. From the time we sat down on the bus at the Jamaica bus stop, made the stops at the other village bus stops and pulled into the theme park bus stops, the times were: 1) Hollywood Studios: 11 minutes; 2) Epcot: 10 and 11 minutes (we went twice); 3) Animal Kingdom: 14 minutes; and, 4) Magic Kingdom: 13 to 16 minutes (we went multiple times). I don't remember the travel time to DTD but it wasn't too terribly long.

The dining plan is ~$45/person/night, so with those discount rates, they are better off with the room only discount IF they go deluxe. At the moderates, they would be better off with free dining. Of course, "better off" assumes they are going to eat all the food that is provided as part of the dining plan, which can be a lot. When I was on my honeymoon, I LOVED the convenience of knowing my food was pre-paid, though, so even if we didn't make full use of the plan at the time, it was nice to have.

We stayed at AKL for our honeymoon, which was incredibly romantic in a savanna view room, sitting on our balcony relaxing with some good wine and watching the giraffes and zebra run by. It's really an experience you can't get anywhere else, so we loved it. We took the buses and it really wasn't that long a ride to any of the parks (though that was before Kidani was built, which has extended the ride a bit).

I think the Contemporary with its views of the magic kingdom fireworks can be romantic, and you can't beat the convenience, but the overall decor isn't all that romantic IMHO. If I was picking a different deluxe for my honeymoon besides AKL, it would be Polynesian, Grand Floridian, or Yacht/Beach Club, but those aren't on your list. Every couple is different though - we've stayed at pretty much all the resorts and love them all for different reasons!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter