Room request for standard view at BLT

princessap

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of renting points for standard view at BLT for next fall and just wondering what I should request for standard view. I am thinking of requesting high floor and north side (is that the right side to request?)

I just dont want to be on the first floor or look into someone's elses villa.

thanks

I am thinking of renting points for standard view at BLT for next fall and just wondering what I should request for standard view. I am thinking of requesting high floor and north side (is that the right side to request?)

I just dont want to be on the first floor or look into someone's elses villa.

thanks

You might be extremely lucky to even get the standard view. There is another thread on the Member Services Board that tells about the frustration some members are having getting a standard view at BLT for next October.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3198425

I wouldn't want first floor so that could be a deal breaker. Are standard views only first fioor?

The standard views are only floors 1-5. Floor 1 and 2 have the most rooms per floor of the view and then less rooms on each floor on the way up are standard view. If 1st floor is not acceptable to you then don't rent a standard view you have a more than 20% chance of getting a 1st floor room.

You might be extremely lucky to even get the standard view. There is another thread on the Member Services Board that tells about the frustration some members are having getting a standard view at BLT for next October.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3198425

standard views are hard to get at BLT most of the time - so always (if you can) - do it at exactly the 11 month time on the date - now if you have to call - which I will this year - you might not be able to get standard views.

Where are lake view rooms typically located? Going in Jan - any requests that I should be aware of? (Thought this might help the OP decide as well, so didn't want to start a new thread.)

unless you have no choice - never even accept an odd number rooms - these rooms look out at each other.

now some people like this - I DON'T. had it once and never again.

so always ask for even number rooms - unless you like looking into someone else room and know they can look into yours.

now my problem with lake view is that on the north side they start on the 6th floor (standard view is 1-5) - now on the south side think they start on the 2nd floor. and they go to the 16th floor. well not to fond of heights - so being on a floor higher than the 6th is not something I would enjoy - now others love it. never go higher than the fire department can get you easily. Yes - no DVC resort has even had a fire - but hey it could happen.:rotfl:

unless you have no choice - never even accept an odd number rooms - these rooms look out at each other. now some people like this - I DON'T. had it once and never again. so always ask for even number rooms - unless you like looking into someone else room and know they can look into yours. now my problem with lake view is that on the north side they start on the 6th floor (standard view is 1-5) - now on the south side think they start on the 2nd floor. and they go to the 16th floor. well not to fond of heights - so being on a floor higher than the 6th is not something I would enjoy - now others love it. never go higher than the fire department can get you easily. Yes - no DVC resort has even had a fire - but hey it could happen.:rotfl:

Is it bc it's like a big horseshoe and the odd numbers are on the inside? (Sorry if this is obvious - we actually own BLT, but haven't been able to stay there yet. We bought way after the 11 mo window. So excited to be staying at BLT in a few months!!)

And if you haven't already, you better knock on some wood for your last statement!! ;)

unless you have no choice - never even accept an odd number rooms - these rooms look out at each other.

now some people like this - I DON'T. had it once and never again.

so always ask for even number rooms - unless you like looking into someone else room and know they can look into yours.

now my problem with lake view is that on the north side they start on the 6th floor (standard view is 1-5) - now on the south side think they start on the 2nd floor. and they go to the 16th floor. well not to fond of heights - so being on a floor higher than the 6th is not something I would enjoy - now others love it. never go higher than the fire department can get you easily. Yes - no DVC resort has even had a fire - but hey it could happen.:rotfl:

The villas and hotel rooms are all fullly sprinkled. So you shouldn't be trapped by fire so that you couldn't get out.

I'm a BLT owner and have stayed BLT 5 times. Every visit I always ask for a high floor outside C and only my last visit last spring I got floor 3 outside C (the second time I ever got outside C and first time I got 3rd floor). That is the highest I've ever gotten and it looked out at the tennis court, near AC equipment--we really liked the view and how quiet it was. The other 4 times I had inside C - floor 2 (over the community center-twice) and ground level outside C looking at the marina, and ground level looking into the center court-inside C. So OP, even if you find a BLT owner that will rent and snag the hard to get standard view, that owner can not guarantee your view. Considering I always, always request a higher floor. There are not as many standard views. Not sure of the percentage, though I'm sure one of my disboards friend may know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter