Room Requests

disneychik21

Mouseketeer
Does anybody have any experience making a room request through Touring Plans, or a room request at all? Staying at AKL Kidani December 15-24 with 9 people. We have a grand villa booked, but it is split between my dad's points and mine. In addition to that, we added the 15th-16th last minute so it is a separate room all together.

15-16: 2 Bed, standard view
16-21: Grand Villa Savanna View
21-24: Grand Villa Savanna View

What we are wanting so to request that the 16-24 be one room and the 15-16 be close to that to make moving super easy.

How has room requesting gone for you? Is it a 50/50 chance? More? Less?

Making a room request is always a good idea, IMO, because it increases your likelihood of getting what you want. Still, it works out that sometimes you get your request granted and sometimes you do not. There is an element of luck involved as it depends upon availability, how many others are checking in that have the same requests, how full the resort is, etc. The room assigners are really intent upon making as many people happy as possible and I believe that they try hard to meet at least the most important, reasonable requests.

In the end, I always look at the worst case scenario and try to go ready to accept that. That way I am usually delighted with my room assignment! It has happened that we have been given the exact opposite of my requests, however. Sometimes we have stayed in the room anyway and sometimes we have been able to be moved later in the trip.

Some people will post that they always get their requests and some will get requests sometimes and not others like us. I don't think that it is possible to give your odds because there are so many variables involved.

I would call CRO and give them the request as clearly as possible and hope for the best. Be sure to mention the situation at checkin as well. Also, when you call CRO ask if they can note on the reservations with the same room type that they are part of a 'continuing reservation'. With them linked that way you have a better chance of staying in the same room.

Good luck!!!

Does anybody have any experience making a room request through Touring Plans, or a room request at all? Staying at AKL Kidani December 15-24 with 9 people. We have a grand villa booked, but it is split between my dad's points and mine. In addition to that, we added the 15th-16th last minute so it is a separate room all together.

15-16: 2 Bed, standard view
16-21: Grand Villa Savanna View
21-24: Grand Villa Savanna View

What we are wanting so to request that the 16-24 be one room and the 15-16 be close to that to make moving super easy.

How has room requesting gone for you? Is it a 50/50 chance? More? Less?
I don't know how "easy" moving will be even if the villas are close to each other. You will have to vacate the 2-BR villa by 11 AM and chances are pretty good that you won't get into the GV until 4 PM or later. In the mean time, you will have to store your luggage with bell services.

Do not call CRO, as the PP suggested. Your reservation is thru DVC. You need to contact Member Services to make your requests. You can do it via chat, phone or email. You will not be able to merge the two GV reservations because they were made with different memberships. However, you can request that the two of them be linked so that you do not have to move. Mousekeeping may still do trash and tidy on day #4 of each of those reservations and a full cleaning on the check out/check in day. And you may need to go to the front desk to re-code your MBs on check out/check in day.

I think that you stand a good chance of not having to pack up and move to another GV. However, I don't think that requesting that the 2-BR be near the GV is worth the effort.

There are only so many grand villas.....I can't imagine you would have to move. I would call DVC MS and have the reservations linked together, letting them know what the situation is. Other than that, not much else you can do. As far as the two bedroom goes, the chances of moving directly from the two bedroom into the grand villa are slim. Your stuff is going to have to be packed up, given to Bell Services, and they can bring it all up to the grand villa when it's ready.

We booked a Poly GV CL for a one night room only (we were arriving close to midnight tho) and our package started the following day in a Poly TPV CL. On Touring Plans we requested that if there was any possibility of placing us directly into our TPV CL for the one night room only that would be greatly appreciated. We got a room ready text that afternoon that had us placed in a GV CL -- and about an hour later we got a call from concierge to disregard the text, that they saw the Touring Plans fax request and they had a TPV CL room to place us into for the night so we didn't have to move rooms the next morning. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

We booked a Poly GV CL for a one night room only (we were arriving close to midnight tho) and our package started the following day in a Poly TPV CL. On Touring Plans we requested that if there was any possibility of placing us directly into our TPV CL for the one night room only that would be greatly appreciated. We got a room ready text that afternoon that had us placed in a GV CL -- and about an hour later we got a call from concierge to disregard the text, that they saw the Touring Plans fax request and they had a TPV CL room to place us into for the night so we didn't have to move rooms the next morning. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
That was some nice pixie dust but in the OP's situation GV=Grand Villa and not Garden View. The reservations are thru DVC, so there would be no way that they could be upgraded from a 2-BR to a Grand Villa.

This is a DVC reservation, so you (and your dad) need to call DVC Member Services to make the request. CRO won't even be able to see the reservation, and DVC resorts have historically not been keen on faxed requests.

As for your chances of getting your requests granted, that depends more or less entirely on what rooms are open on your arrival date (i.e., who's checking out on the day you arrive).

I agree with Marionnette. You have to vacate the two bedroom villa by 11am and might not be able to get into the GV until after 4PM. Especially in December when you can expect nearly 100% occupancy. Just call Bell Services to move your stuff from your two bedroom villa to their storage and then again to the GV.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter