Room service...what am I missing?

We have only sailed a few times, but every time, we think we're going to do room service a bunch, and then have almost never remembered or felt we had a need. Are we missing out? Do you use room service a lot, and if so, when and for what? It just feels like food is so ubiquitous on the ships, very rarely do I find myself hungry and needing more...
If you want to stay in rather than go out to eat, room service is good for that. It can be used for a light meal rather than additional snacking.

We order room service for after we wake up. One or two coffees, muffins, pastries. We enjoy them while we're getting dressed. Then we go to Cabanas for breakfast.

When we get room service it seems like it's usually around the late afternoon/early evening. if we are back in the room getting cleaned up. To be honest, I'm sure we don't need it, LOL, but sometimes we have gotten cheese and crackers or an order of wings, just something small to munch on. Our kids (now adults) seemed to get it more than us. We really don't spend much time in the room and it's not often we are actually hungry on a cruise. ;)

Its good food but not a must do for us like Palo brunch.

I personally love ordering breakfast through room service the day we pull into Castaway Cay. It's very relaxing to sit on the verandah with coffee and snacks as the ship docks. We've also ordered room service in late afternoons before Second Seating dinner and the Cake of the Day if we're between activities. I haven't tried the warm cookies and milk yet, but it's on my to-do list! Usually I'm so full after dinner I couldn't even think about eating another bite before bed lol

Mickey Bars, my family orders them as soon as we get back from a shore excursion.. They come quicikly and really hit the spot.

The All Hands on Deck cheese and fruit plate with either gluten free crackers (sometimes available) or no crackers, sometimes gluten free chocolate chip cookies are available as well. Otherwise, we head to the soft serve station and get a nice serving in one of the paper beverage cups. I wonder if we’ll still be able to do that with the cast members now serving the soft serve.

We use it multiple times a day. For my kids, it was a real taste of luxury for them to have a Mickey Bar delivered to the room whenever they wanted. They really got a kick out of that. It made their vacation feel sort of posh for them. We also use it regularly to have coffee and light breakfast arrive when we wake up in the morning, which we have on the verandah. We also order the All Hands on Deck when we are getting ready for dinner in the evenings. I think for us it's just a way to make the vacation feel like we're getting something we would never do at home. Makes us feel fancy. :)

We would often get an all-hands on deck and a fruit platter to munch on while we got ready for dinner.
If adults had Palo, kids would have room service dinner before heading out to the kids club.

It was lovely.

I've been ordering an All Hands on Deck cheese plate earlier in the day to bring to the ticketed wine and champagne tastings.

Our sail away routine is to order the All Hands on Deck cheese plate. I also order a carafe of coffee each evening. The carafes keep it warm so I do not have to make a trek to the pool deck for my first cup in the morning.
Is Room service available before sail away? We are suposed to sail on our first cruise in November. We were thinking of ordering room service and munching while we unpack and settle in instead of the pool deck or cabanas that seem to be busy. I know one of the main dining rooms is also an option, but it would just be nice to have lunch on embarcation day there in our room if that is a thing.

Is Room service available before sail away? We are suposed to sail on our first cruise in November. We were thinking of ordering room service and munching while we unpack and settle in instead of the pool deck or cabanas that seem to be busy. I know one of the main dining rooms is also an option, but it would just be nice to have lunch on embarcation day there in our room if that is a thing.

We would order after we got back from the Muster Drill, not for lunch. I do not know if they are open that early. But, if they keep the new process for Muster Drill things could be different.

Okay this may sound like a silly question but it’s my first cruise. Is room service included or an extra charge?

Okay this may sound like a silly question but it’s my first cruise. Is room service included or an extra charge?

Most of the stuff is free. They will charge for cans of soda or alcohol, the prices are listed. But make sure that you tip the delivery person.

OK I'm definitely feeling like the answer to 'what am I missing' was 'All Hands On Deck cheese plate' haha. I do love me a good cheese plate, and sipping wine with cheese in the afternoon sounds lovely.

I'm curious, for those that have ordered Mickey bars...do you get just Mickey bars? I think I'm having trouble shaking the 'minimum order mentality' of ordering DoorDash.

Thanks for the thoughts all!
If I ever had a verandah, I would probably enjoy the cheese plate with some wine too.

Yup, one bar for each of us, they come as individual wrapped ice cream bars. Sometimes a late savory snack but definitely just the bars sometimes.

The all hands on deck platter is a nice snack that isn’t fried or sugary. We sometimes order it for breakfast too. You can also get bowls of fresh fruit. For us, it’s nice to have an option that isn’t as heavy as pool deck or buffet food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter