Rose and Crown at 8:40....fireworks?

IncredibleboysMom

DIS Veteran
Hi, I currently have a reservation at for the fireworks package at Spice Rd. I am recovering from cancer treatment and really like the idea of not jockeying for a spot to watch Luminous. We like Spice Rd, but I have read that the fireworks view is not the best. There is no availability for the R&C fireworks package, but there is an 8:40 reservation available (Luminous is at 9). How does it work now if you are not part of the R&C package but are still dining during Luminous?

Hi, I currently have a reservation at for the fireworks package at Spice Rd. I am recovering from cancer treatment and really like the idea of not jockeying for a spot to watch Luminous. We like Spice Rd, but I have read that the fireworks view is not the best. There is no availability for the R&C fireworks package, but there is an 8:40 reservation available (Luminous is at 9). How does it work now if you are not part of the R&C package but are still dining during Luminous?

Last September we also did a reservation for roughly 8:40 at Rose and Crown and it was fantastic. We sat on the back patio and ate while watching fireworks. Maybe we just got lucky, I have no idea.

Last September we also did a reservation for roughly 8:40 at Rose and Crown and it was fantastic. We sat on the back patio and ate while watching fireworks. Maybe we just got lucky, I have no idea.
Tried that Nov ‘22 and all the back patio tables that could see the show were being used by the dining package, was disappointed as when I’d gone before the covered portion of the back patio was for the restaurant so I was able to sit there and see the show. Maybe it depends on weather?

There's no guarantee if you just get a Rose and Crown reservation. You could be on the back patio right above the fireworks package tables, or you could be inside.

There's no guarantee if you just get a Rose and Crown reservation. You could be on the back patio right above the fireworks package tables, or you could be inside.
While not a menu that appeals to my mr, have wondered if one could book an 8 pm, ask to be seated outside (prepared to wait).

While not a menu that appeals to my mr, have wondered if one could book an 8 pm, ask to be seated outside (prepared to wait).

Depending on how many fireworks package reservations they book that night, all outside tables (upstairs and downstairs) could be used for the package. If this is the situation on your reservation night, all non package reservations would be sat inside only.

Unless they have changed it - since at least post-COVID the Fireworks Dining Package folks are sat in all the tables on the upper level along the side facing the fireworks. Tables below are kept empty but reserved. When it is close to the show they tell you that you may move to the table below where you are sitting and they will serve dessert there. No one without the package are sat in the viewing area up or down. We have done it three times.

The outside they would seat you is along the side of the building where you enter, not a good view at all.

We ate there last summer and when it got close to the time for the fireworks show they brought us down to the little patio area. Good view

Unless they have changed it - since at least post-COVID the Fireworks Dining Package folks are sat in all the tables on the upper level along the side facing the fireworks. Tables below are kept empty but reserved. When it is close to the show they tell you that you may move to the table below where you are sitting and they will serve dessert there. No one without the package are sat in the viewing area up or down. We have done it three times.

The outside they would seat you is along the side of the building where you enter, not a good view at all.
Oh interesting, I was sat at the tables by the water but didn't know if the people on the upper level were on the package or not.

Oh interesting, I was sat at the tables by the water but didn't know if the people on the upper level were on the package or not.
What was told to me the first time was that due to inclement weather rather than move people midstream they were putting us up top and that if weather permitted we could move down for the show. Then the next two times they told us they were no longer seating folks below, just in case, but leaving it open for dining package only for the show. And it's worked out that way 3 times since COVID.

I mean folks pay lots of money for the view from there so it wouldn't be right to seat anyone out there on either level except for the package folks. IF someone got seated in a prime seat that would be big pixie dust, I know if I paid alot I'd be mad. Especially since the menu is so limited and the same exact menu as the restaurant ... and I can't drink enough to break that even.

That’s where we ended up. Right by the door inside making it one of our more miserable Disney meals as it was traffic central.
Once with DS (who has special needs) they tried to seat us there and I asked for anything inside please and they obliged. I wish they had a door on the side of the building between bar and restaurant they would use to go in/out and just make that outside area all seating.

My husband bought us this as a splurge last April. We were seated outside under the awning on the left side of the restaurant by the door. It was extremely hot and stuffy and kind of claustrophobic and the tables were packed together. I literally had to get up several times and go walk around the UK shops and come back to eat our food just to get some air. It was totally stagnant in the seating area for R & C outside that night. I also didn't find the wait staff particularly full of pixie dust there, which to me is quite rare at Disney. Drinks weren't cold, could not get their attention for refills, the food menu is quite heavy too. When the fireworks were about to start, we asked if we could sit down outside on the lower patio facing the water with our desserts to watch and at first they said no! We pressed again and we were able to go down a small staircase and sit there. The view was great! Non-package guests from the restaurant came down there too, so not sure what the problem was after paying all that money. I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I would keep Spice Road. We used to really enjoy the view from what was Tokyo Dining. I think it is a new Japanese restaurant now, so I'm not sure what the seating arrangement is, but if you can snag a "during the fireworks" reservation by the window, that could also be an option. Another option was to the left of the rose and crown there seemed to be a small patio that people who came early were seated at with their ice cream and drinks they bought around the world showcase. There weren't many people there and the view would likely be pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter