Rose and Crown menu questions

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
Would like to try Rose and Crown again on our upcoming trip. Can someone tell me what English sausage is like? Is it like Italian sausage or pork breakfast sausage, or something completely different? What is bangers and mash? and what is bubble and squeak? Those words just don't compute from English to American speak! If I make the PS, I'd like to try something British...something I'm not likely to find on a menu around home.

BUMP!

I would like some info on this restaurant as well.
My husband is very picky, no sauces or anything just meat and potato's. Very boring:D
Will he be able to find something to eat?

Thanks

Hello

Sausage and Mash is Mashed Potatoes and Sausages more like breakfast sausages. Bubble and Squeak is typically made from leftover potatoes and cabbage fried together.

HTH :)

Try the cottage pie sampler. I did based on recommendations here on the rest. board. It was wonderful and different. Also try the fruit and cheese sampler plate, we enjoyed that.

There were three pies, one was chicken and leek, one was pork, and one was like a shepard pie. They were very good. I loved the chicken and leek and shepard pie, the pork was ok.

Originally posted by ncbyrne
Would like to try Rose and Crown again on our upcoming trip. Can someone tell me what English sausage is like? Is it like Italian sausage or pork breakfast sausage, or something completely different? What is bangers and mash? and what is bubble and squeak? Those words just don't compute from English to American speak! If I make the PS, I'd like to try something British...something I'm not likely to find on a menu around home.

Bangers = sausage
Mash = Mashed Potatoes

I want to know if Bubble & Squeak is named after the noises one makes after consuming cabbage and potatoes, lol. :tongue:

Baileymouse, you made me laugh out loud!!! My DH will DEFINATELY not be having the Bubbles & Squeaks no matter what they are!! I have to sleep too close to him in the bed at our resort!!!! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter