Rose & Crown Fireworks Dining Package Seating Questions

Sbunit81

Earning My Ears
Hi All

We currently have reservations for the Rose & Crown fireworks package this weekend (Saturday). We've never seen Harmonious yet (last Disney trip was Pre-Covid) but we've dined at Rose & Crown before and to be honest we are not the biggest fans of their food. I was wondering about the following:

1) Where is the seating exactly, are we guaranteed with the dining package to have outdoor seats on the patio? Or is it first come first serve?

2) This next question may sound a bit ridiculous to some but I will ask anyway:
I don't believe it would be a problem if we eat dinner elsewhere before our 830pm reservation and show up to Rose & Crown only to have coffee and dessert while watching the fireworks? We are strongly debating eating elsewhere in Epcot but keeping our reservations for Rose & Crown to secure the seating and not deal with weekend crowds at Epcot and staking out ideal spots 60-90 min ahead of time. I know we'd be paying double but convenience is worth something to us.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and help

The amount of Outside seating area is reserved for package.

If you're willing to pay double , i don't think they care. The closest seat/ best view will already be chosen

Hi All

We currently have reservations for the Rose & Crown fireworks package this weekend (Saturday). We've never seen Harmonious yet (last Disney trip was Pre-Covid) but we've dined at Rose & Crown before and to be honest we are not the biggest fans of their food. I was wondering about the following:

1) Where is the seating exactly, are we guaranteed with the dining package to have outdoor seats on the patio? Or is it first come first serve?

2) This next question may sound a bit ridiculous to some but I will ask anyway:
I don't believe it would be a problem if we eat dinner elsewhere before our 830pm reservation and show up to Rose & Crown only to have coffee and dessert while watching the fireworks? We are strongly debating eating elsewhere in Epcot but keeping our reservations for Rose & Crown to secure the seating and not deal with weekend crowds at Epcot and staking out ideal spots 60-90 min ahead of time. I know we'd be paying double but convenience is worth something to us.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and help
JMHO, but....I'd just cancel. There are MANY great viewing areas around the lake, and that's a steep price for coffee and dessert. We like to watch the show by Morocco or between China & Africa. But...lots of good viewing without having to pay. Italy is a good spot as well.

The amount of Outside seating area is reserved for package.

If you're willing to pay double , i don't think they care. The closest seat/ best view will already be chosen
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what you mean by the "closest seat/best view will already be chosen" however.

Tables are assigned prior to anyone checking in, so when you arrive won't determine your table location. Everyone has a patio table. I don't know how long they hold the table if you don't show up on time. I'm not sure if you drink alcohol, but unlimited beer and wine is included also, besides the 3 course meal.

The seating is perfect to watch the show, which is why the reservations are hard to get. As I was brought up in the UK I really like the food, but if anyone does not and doesn’t mind paying to eat somewhere else before arriving for the show, no problem. There is probably something you can pick at, along with dessert, and unlimited beverages (even alcoholic) are included.

Does anyone know if smaller parties (2) get seated in the front row, or the back row? Thanks

Does anyone know if smaller parties (2) get seated in the front row, or the back row? Thanks
We are a party of two and have gone to R & C several times with the package and have always been seated in the first row. I think there is only one table for two in the back row.

Every "party" is seated along the rail with no one in front of them. Your party of two should be fine. 2 of the 3 times we have been a party of two.

Now there are a couple tables with another table across from them on the wall ... when we have gone (done 3 times post-covid) they have seated larger parties there, 6-8 people.

When we have gone the entire upper patio was reserved for the dining package - it is under cover in case of bad weather. When it is show time you can stay there or move to the lower patio right on the water (uncovered) if you like, many had dessert served there. Most folks moved, a few families stayed where they were. You just move to the table in front of where you were sitting.

The package tables start pass the tables with the beers, maybe even where she is standing. Then they go along the rail to the right behind where you can't see. At the far end where you can't see are one or two tables with another table across a much narrow aisle than you see here.

Down where the umbrellas are the uncovered tables you can move to if you like.

411305144_695435326014864_2814778331952850242_n.jpg

Hi, does anyone know what R & C do with larger parties (10-15) for the fireworks package? Are they able to accommodate this or will we be split over multiple tables? Thanks

There are some large tables, but I doubt each one would accommodate more than 6-8. I'm guessing that they would seat you at different tables.

Hi, does anyone know what R & C do with larger parties (10-15) for the fireworks package? Are they able to accommodate this or will we be split over multiple tables? Thanks
Do you have a reservation for that many? If not it might be very difficult to get since the space is so limited. But if you do, plan on being split up in to 3-4 tables. As I stated above there was a large group next to us one time and they had 4 parents on the rail and the children at table across from them against the building to dine. When it was time for the show they moved to the lower patio at the corresponding table and the kids could spread out a bit to see.

Do you have a reservation for that many? If not it might be very difficult to get since the space is so limited. But if you do, plan on being split up in to 3-4 tables. As I stated above there was a large group next to us one time and they had 4 parents on the rail and the children at table across from them against the building to dine. When it was time for the show they moved to the lower patio at the corresponding table and the kids could spread out a bit to see.
Thanks for the responses. We have managed to get 4 tables reserved for when we are visiting in early July, however it will mean our party is split up. It sounds like it is only for the meal we would be apart and at the time of the fireworks we could all be together.

We are traveling from Scotland, UK as a group of 13 and have really struggled to get group bookings anywhere across Disney property, in fact the only places we have managed to secure a booking for 13 is Homecomin' and Planet Hollywood and that was because we reached out to them via social media channels after unsuccessful attempts through than MDE. Our group of 13 were last over in 2019 and had no issues when using the DDP. It's not been easy dealing with the dining reservations team as they are not accommodating at all which is a complete contrast to 5 years ago where it felt they sympathised and actually tried to help. Most of the venues we have looked are offering lots of availability for parties up to 4 but anything over that is a dead end. We have fed this back via their guest services and pre-arrival teams but are now experiencing radio silence - all they say is we have raised your concerns with our leadership team to improve things in the future, this is all well and good but doesn't help us for this vacation and $000s spent.

Maybe stupidly but we did expect since we are paying for the premium experience of a fireworks package they would at least be able to add a note to the reservation to seat us together but all the advice they gave was to turn up a bit earlier but that contradicts some of the other posts in this thread saying that tables are already allocated in advance.

I am sure it will all work out but not the best experience!

Thanks for the responses. We have managed to get 4 tables reserved for when we are visiting in early July, however it will mean our party is split up.
The problem is that there are no tables larger than 4 seaters and they can not be moved together because of the size and structure of the patio to create a large table. If you look at my picture above the tables are the ones past the lady in the photo.

It sounds like it is only for the meal we would be apart and at the time of the fireworks we could all be together.
I'm not sure what you mean here. By design you watch the fireworks from your table, you do not move to an area where you would be together. I have done 3x since it returned after COVID and each time we are seated on the upper patio and if weather permits and you want to you could move to your corresponding table on the lower patio (and we were served dessert there). It will depend on if you are seated in tables next to each other, then you could probably pull your chairs around closer.
Maybe stupidly but we did expect since we are paying for the premium experience of a fireworks package they would at least be able to add a note to the reservation to seat us together but all the advice they gave was to turn up a bit earlier but that contradicts some of the other posts in this thread saying that tables are already allocated in advance.
Just not set up for large groups. I would go there as soon as the podium opens for dinner (around 4) and explain. Yes they assign the tables and likely for managing do that in advance. But I would stop by and tell them you all are all together and ask if your tables are side by side. If not it would seem they could move you around since most the tables are the same size anyway, to be side by side.

The problem is that there are no tables larger than 4 seaters and they can not be moved together because of the size and structure of the patio to create a large table. If you look at my picture above the tables are the ones past the lady in the photo.

I'm not sure what you mean here. By design you watch the fireworks from your table, you do not move to an area where you would be together. I have done 3x since it returned after COVID and each time we are seated on the upper patio and if weather permits and you want to you could move to your corresponding table on the lower patio (and we were served dessert there). It will depend on if you are seated in tables next to each other, then you could probably pull your chairs around closer.

Just not set up for large groups. I would go there as soon as the podium opens for dinner (around 4) and explain. Yes they assign the tables and likely for managing do that in advance. But I would stop by and tell them you all are all together and ask if your tables are side by side. If not it would seem they could move you around since most the tables are the same size anyway, to be side by side.
Thanks for all the advice Hopper, we will be sure to visit the podium around 4pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter