Roundtrip airfare for $20? Any advice?

DemonLlama

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen the offer from Cool Savings today on the two roundtrip tickets from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada to anywhere (including Orlando, of course) for $39.95. You can purchase four tickets for $69.95 or six for $89.95. These are good to book anytime through 2004, no black outs or red-eyes.

Here's the website :http://www105.coolsavings.com/scrip...dogz.net/airplane102.html&AdID=12859&OfferID=(none)&URLDesc=Get+2+roundtrip+tickets+to+anywhere+in+the+world+for+%2439%2E95+from+Underdogz%21

My first thought was, this can't include Disney resorts, but on their list of destinations, it has a number of the Disney resorts listed, but NOT with the Disney name in front of them (Carribean Beach Resort, Yacht Club, Beach Club).

The deal is you get the certificates and a list of the travel agencies to use them through. You agree to book your resort through them and you get the almost free airfare. Scam? Bait and Switch? If it seems too good to be true. . .

Has anyone seen this or used it and do you know if this is good for booking resorts on Disney property?

Thanks in advance!

I have seen several offers of this type, and the thing that I have noticed is that you have to book the hotels from their list at their rates, which are listed as "rack rates". Have you ever looked at the rack rates listed on the door of hotel rooms you have stayed in? I can't imagine that anyone would actually pay the prices listed as rack rates. In Las Vegas recently, we stayed in a hotel for $59 per night and the rack rates on the door were $169 to $189 for the same rooms. Also, you must book for a specified number of nights which may be lengthy, 10 days or more. I looked in to going to Hawaii through a similar offer and the cheapest hotel they had would have been $329 per night for ten nights. WAAAAY cheaper to buy my own tickets and book my own rooms. I have not seen the coolsavings offer, I just deleted it before I read it, assuming that it was the same.

If you can read my forehead it says: SUCKER

I paid the rack rate at CBR in April. I had no idea it was possible to get a lower rate until I started reading about codes. I also had a crappy TA.

I hope to go again next April and get a $49 - $65 rate at ALL STARS.

There was a thread earlier from Beverly Lynn basically saying that this was a scam. I read this too and thought it was to good to be true. I would take Beverly Lynn's advice any time.

yes it pretty much is a scam. I get these things all the time. you must use their agency and you must book this and that and you must pay outrageous prices to get this discounted air. its truly not worth it. they get more out of you in the long run. that "free" trip could cost you thousands. that 39 air tkt could end up costing you thousands. if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter