Royal Baby Watch Thread

Why is the media focused on the door of the hospital? Isn't the announcement supposed to happen with that note being posted at the palace?

Is William expected to come and talk to reporters?

Why is the media focused on the door of the hospital? Isn't the announcement supposed to happen with that note being posted at the palace?

Is William expected to come and talk to reporters?

Supposedly a royal aide will leave the hospital through those doors, get in a car and drive to Buckingham Palace with the announcement to display at the gates of Buckingham Palace.

Then eventually Will & Kate will pose with the baby on the steps like Charles and Diana.

Supposedly a royal aide will leave the hospital through those doors, get in a car and drive to Buckingham Palace with the announcement to display at the gates of Buckingham Palace.

Then eventually Will & Kate will pose with the baby on the steps like Charles and Diana.

Oh. I guess I was just assuming someone would call the palace.

I have to go out and do errands this afternoon. So want to just stay here and keep an eye on the news.:surfweb:

I have to go out and do errands this afternoon. So want to just stay here and keep an eye on the news.:surfweb:

It's quite possible that will happen as the news mentioned William's private secretary will call the Queen's secretary to inform her of the baby.

William will call the Queen, but everyone else not related has to find out by the announcement on the easel at the palace. I was watching CNN before and they were talking about the helicopters hovering around so they could follow the person traveling from the hospital to the palace. Lol :) no pressure there!

To not set expectations too high before she is even a day old! They won't give her Elizabeth or Diana as a first name or Charles or Phillip because there's too much that goes along with those names right now.

There will be more pressure on a baby girl, regardless of her name. The new rule, plus Diana's granddaughter...pretty much insures it. IMO

As with everything that happens in that family there is a protocol

A royal messenger will be dispatched with with a Royal decleration of the birth
This will include the time, weight and sex but not the namethatbwill officially be announced when the baby is christened

Though I'm sure it will be leaked at some point

There will be more pressure on a baby girl, regardless of her name. The new rule, plus Diana's granddaughter...pretty much insures it. IMO

Of course so why add to the pressure by giving her Diana's name.

I really hope the first name is not Diana and I really believe it won't be.

If anyone knows the guy in the blue striped shirt, could you please tell him he's blocking my view of the hospital door? Thank you. I tried calling him but he's been on his phone non-stop for a half hour

And tell him to pull up his pants, the world is watching.

Literally

I HAVE to go drop off DH's dry cleaning as he needs it for work on Friday and will not be pleased with me if I don't. But I'm afraid I'll miss something as soon as I leave!

As with everything that happens in that family there is a protocol

A royal messenger will be dispatched with with a Royal decleration of the birth
This will include the time, weight and sex but not the namethatbwill officially be announced when the baby is christened
Though I'm sure it will be leaked at some point

That's not what I'm hearing. Kate and William will decide when they announce it, in the past names have been announced at all different times. They announced William's a week after his birth, but Harry's was announced when they introduced him on the hospital steps.

I think they'll announce it as they leave the hospital, just because they are more modern and know people usually don't wait forever to name kids now.

I've been glued to the TV all day but now I have to go somewhere at 2 and I feel like I'll miss it :worried:

I heard that if it is not born before 5 PM East Coast time, there will be no announcement until tomorrow. Why? Because the Queen will be asleep after that and they will not wake her to tell her but she has to know before they can announce it so they will wait till she wakes up to tell her and announce it. Besides her, the prime minister and other family members will be notified first.

Some are expected William to come out and address the media after the birth. That could be interesting!

Ack! Just got excited as a car pulled up - thought I was going to see the messenger get in and get whisked away to the palace. Instead, just your average couple leaving. Big day for them tho! Good luck Average Couple! :)

I've been glued to the TV all day but now I have to go somewhere at 2 and I feel like I'll miss it :worried:

I heard that if it is not born before 5 PM East Coast time, there will be no announcement until tomorrow. Why? Because the Queen will be asleep after that and they will not wake her to tell her but she has to know before they can announce it so they will wait till she wakes up to tell her and announce it. Besides her, the prime minister and other family members will be notified first.

Some are expected William to come out and address the media after the birth. That could be interesting!

I heard that on tv yesterday.

To not set expectations too high before she is even a day old! They won't give her Elizabeth or Diana as a first name or Charles or Phillip because there's too much that goes along with those names right now.

Of course so why add to the pressure by giving her Diana's name.

I really hope the first name is not Diana and I really believe it won't be.

I agree, it won't be Diana. Although, Elizabeth would be nice..or Victoria. Just my thoughts. :)

I agree, it won't be Diana. Although, Elizabeth would be nice..or Victoria. Just my thoughts. :)

I think Victoria is my favorite name too with Alexandra and Charlotte close behind it! Margaret is nice too.

Ack! Just got excited as a car pulled up - thought I was going to see the messenger get in and get whisked away to the palace. Instead, just your average couple leaving. Big day for them tho! Good luck Average Couple! :)

You will know when it is the messenger. They say he will stand in front of the door for two minutes or so with the envelope so people can get pictures! :thumbsup2

I only saw the couple, did a baby come out with someone else?

I thought the 2 police officers must be bored to death, just standing there, but than I got to thinking, that they are watching all the reporters across the street.

I only saw the couple, did a baby come out with someone else?

I thought the 2 police officers must be bored to death, just standing there, but than I got to thinking, that they are watching all the reporters across the street.

Truly they probably have the best seats in the house! Imagine the people watching they are doing right now

Ugg, the live feed just got shut down.
I think I remember reading the time it was up and running, but you would think they would leave it going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter