ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our family has never been to Universal before....I was thinking of booking RPR for our family because of the boat, express pass and early admission to Harry Potter. I just realized that this hotel is pet friendly.....how often do you see pets at this hotel walking around. My DD has a major phobia of any dogs or cats....it's not just a fear but a true phobia where she will freeze up and/or freak out. The only universal hotel that I see that isn't pet friendly is CB but I was hoping to stay at one of the hotels that comes with the front of line pass. Any observations?

We see dogs every year at RPR. Usually around check in area........it still surprises me as places we usually stay don't allow pets. It's not an every day occurrence, but you will see them.

I was surprised to see a Scooby Doo type dog one year.........it was huge! That was on the walking path. Most dogs we see are small to mid sized, always on a leash though.

Never seen a cat though.

Should add in case anyone doesn't know.......all pet rooms are in T2 only an the very lowest floors only.

Last edited:
I saw a Scooby Doo type dog in the Islands dining room last year. He was with some stoner looking dude named "Shaggy" and kept coming to our table begging for snacks.

We have been to RP I think 5-6 times now. We have seen a dog at least twice there. They were sitting in the little lounge area right next to the check-in desks on leashes, with their owners.

So far, we've never had a bad experience, the owners have always been respectful of others...dogs were calm and quiet, and the owners didn't walk them too near others. But, there is always a possibility of having a less conscientious owner or more spirited pet. Good luck!

There's also a chance of seeing a service dog in the parks. We've seen a few at WDW and a few at Universal.

The hotels have designated outside areas for pets and owners are supposed to use those areas and not roam around the resort.

Thanks!

Second part of the question (which actually might factor into the other conversation going on): Is it considered OK to take stuff from the club-level suite back to the room? We wouldn't do anything like walking out of there with shopping totes full of goodies or anything, but it'd be nice to get a can of pop or a goodie or two for later.

(Hmm. Is the beer and wine poured there or in individual bottles/glasses? I just presumed the former. A glass of wine before bed would be wonderful.)

Absolutely no problem to take soda, water, snacks out of the lounge and put them in your room

Your wine or liquor is poured for you by club staff

Thanks!

Second part of the question (which actually might factor into the other conversation going on): Is it considered OK to take stuff from the club-level suite back to the room? We wouldn't do anything like walking out of there with shopping totes full of goodies or anything, but it'd be nice to get a can of pop or a goodie or two for later.

(Hmm. Is the beer and wine poured there or in individual bottles/glasses? I just presumed the former. A glass of wine before bed would be wonderful.)

We almost always took our breakfast and snacks back to our room. We rarely used the lounge to sit it. At busier times of day there might not be an empty table anyway. I don't think you can take a sealed beer though, I believe all the beer is served open or in a glass.

I've never seen a dog or a cat. I hope she can work on that phobia as she gets older; that's going to be a very very difficult one to go through life with, as I'm sure you know.

Thank you! We've worked on it and still are....it has caused issue with her being able to go to friend's houses and just being out in general. It's sad to me cuz I love dogs....we've even talked with doctors etc and it's a true phobia. If they are on a leash it helps a lot to calm her down somewhat but then you have the owners who see that she's scared and try to come over to show how nice their dogs are. The owners are trying to be nice but can't understand when she starts to really freak out when they start coming towards her.

We see dogs every year at RPR. Usually around check in area........it still surprises me as places we usually stay don't allow pets. It's not an every day occurrence, but you will see them.

I was surprised to see a Scooby Doo type dog one year.........it was huge! That was on the walking path. Most dogs we see are small to mid sized, always on a leash though.

Never seen a cat though.

Should add in case anyone doesn't know.......all pet rooms are in T2 only an the very lowest floors only.

This is good to know!! I can call and ask not to be in T2 at all!! I think I would even pause to see a great Dane out and about....they are so big but I know they are sweet dogs!

We have been to RP I think 5-6 times now. We have seen a dog at least twice there. They were sitting in the little lounge area right next to the check-in desks on leashes, with their owners.

So far, we've never had a bad experience, the owners have always been respectful of others...dogs were calm and quiet, and the owners didn't walk them too near others. But, there is always a possibility of having a less conscientious owner or more spirited pet. Good luck!

There's also a chance of seeing a service dog in the parks. We've seen a few at WDW and a few at Universal.

The hotels have designated outside areas for pets and owners are supposed to use those areas and not roam around the resort.

Thank you for more clarification....I can explain this to her and then find where those locations are and avoid them. Service dogs she knows are well behaved and stay by their owner's side. We've been around them to start practicing being around dogs in general....it was a good way to convince her not all dogs are going to mess with her.

I have stayed there numerous times and always have seen at least one pet there
It has never been an issue for me

When I stayed at hrh, one incident of dog noises on an upper floor, which was an exception

Yes, there are usually several people out front at the car pull-in with luggage trolleys. All you have to do is let them know you need your luggage held until your room is ready. They take it to a special storage area behind their own desk off to the side & the luggage will stay locked in that room until you come to claim it.

Yes, there are usually several people out front at the car pull-in with luggage trolleys. All you have to do is let them know you need your luggage held until your room is ready. They take it to a special storage area behind their own desk off to the side & the luggage will stay locked in that room until you come to claim it.

Just standard tip fees - like $1/bag for that? That's awesome!

There is no required payment for holding your luggage for you, it's part of the hotel service. I do tip them, but it's up to the individual if/what they tip.

I'm still trying to find a discount for our upcoming stay in August. It looks like last years Entertainment book no longer gave that discount. As for dogs, Universal now charges $50 per night for a dog to stay at their resorts in the pet friendly roms. But you cannot leae the dog alone in there otherwise they will charge you every hour that your dog is left unattended. So that means placing the dog in a kennel while your at the park or at dinner unless you eat outside.

Thank you! We've worked on it and still are....it has caused issue with her being able to go to friend's houses and just being out in general. It's sad to me cuz I love dogs....we've even talked with doctors etc and it's a true phobia. If they are on a leash it helps a lot to calm her down somewhat but then you have the owners who see that she's scared and try to come over to show how nice their dogs are. The owners are trying to be nice but can't understand when she starts to really freak out when they start coming towards her.

I'm not sure what a non-true phobia would be; fear is fear.

My son loved dogs until he watched my ridiculous father's Golden try to bite me. I tell you that man ruined his Goldens, who live to do their master's bidding. I had been there for a day or more, they knew me by then, they knew that their family knew me. I left the kitchen, went onto the porch, pet the female and greeted her and the male, left the gate, went to my car, came back to the porch carrying what I went to get, and she attacked my arm.

Thankfully I was raised with malamutes and they were raised by my mother who actually knew what she was doing when raising big dogs (my dad somehow thought that being around every so often when my mom was raising the male malamute and taking him to obedience classes etc "counted"), and I was able to stay calm and cool and somehow did NOT get bitten. And I then TRIED to keep my father from going out to scream at the dog ('cuz that'll help her figure out how to behave) but I was unsuccessful.

And, sadly, my little guy (3 at the time) watched it all, and was terrified of dogs for a few years after that. It was tremendously sad. (he's also scared of my dad, but rightfully so, and I feel no need to work with him on that because I think it's good to worry about that dude)

Thankfully he was able to conquer the fear of dogs that it all caused. To see that I was quite competent and calm, that no other dog has ever tried to do that, that we stay away from stranger-dogs ALWAYS, that we properly greet dogs and don't expect that they'll remember us 1 minute after last seeing us (my mistake, but our dogs never behaved like that and malamutes are more "minds of their own" dogs than Goldens are), etc etc etc. I do plan on having dogs someday, so I was glad. Took a long time, though.

I'm just telling you what happened with me, and that I know how sad it is. I'm not giving advice. I'm just talkin'.

Great point Keisha! We always bring granola bars (could get protein bars though), pop tarts, etc. to keep in the room. We usually go to the Croissant Moon or Cinnabon for breakfast in the parks, but it's nice to have a back up, in case one person is hungry while everyone else is still getting ready for the day!

Great point Keisha! We always bring granola bars (could get protein bars though), pop tarts, etc. to keep in the room. We usually go to the Croissant Moon or Cinnabon for breakfast in the parks, but it's nice to have a back up, in case one person is hungry while everyone else is still getting ready for the day!

Do they have breakfast sandwiches at the Croissant Moon? I have found conflicting info about that online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter