ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used getawaytoday for tickets for Disneyland, Sea World San Diego and the San Diego Zoo. Ordered online, received tix promptly and everything was in order and worked fine.

I belong to a social club through my employer and they have advertised specials from getawaytoday. I am certain they are a reputable company.

tonton:
The "entertainment rate" is a rate you can use when you purchase the "Entertainment book".
We purchase an entertainment book each year to use in the area where we live. It is filled w/discounts for restaurants, car wash coupons, and a list of discounted hotels throughout the U.S. The Loew's hotels are included. When you check into your hotel, you present your entertainment card, and often the rate is up to 1/2 off.
As for when hotel entertainment rates become available , I was told sometime in October for the following year. This is when the new entertainment books become available for puchase. There is a website: www.entertainment.com. The books are now on sale for the remainder of this year. I think I remember paying $25.00 for mine, full price for 2003.
The entertainment book ends up paying for itself in no time at all!

I'll be at RPR in July for three days -- before that we're spending several days in DisneyWorld and southern Florida. If I've got any money left, I'm thinking of upgrading to Club level at check in -- but I'm wondering if there will be any rooms left.

Does anyone know how many club level rooms are available at RPR, and does anyone have any educated opinion as to how full they usually are? We'll be there on a weekend, during a busy time of year, so -- wait, I think I know the answer -- upgrade now if I really want club level, or risk finding no room at the inn.

I will be at RPR July 2 to July 7. I booked a waterview room and tried to upgrade it to anything even a suite and they had nothing. This was a couple of weeks ago. I tried about three days in a row and nothing. Hope you have better luck than I did.

What kind of views does Tower 3 offer? They said that my type of room would be in Tower 3. Thanks for any help!

What is the room type? Just curious whats offered in that tower that isnt in the other two. I stayed in Tower 1 so cant help with the view from Tower 3.

Tower III is in the back of the Hotel if you want to call it that. Each Tower has three wings. The first wing is where the Elevator is. This where you enter the tower, down the hallway there is a fork, this is where wings 2 and 3 start. Wing One Closest to the Elevators would have a nice pool view and maybe a parkview from the north side of the building. The second wing which is on the north side again would have a pool view and maybe some view of the park. The third wing points outward towards I4. This view would be garden view. I am not sure on this but the way the rooms are laid out the first 14 or 16 rooms would be in the first roomsand would be in the first Wing the next 16 or so in Wing 2, and the last batch in Wing 3, I think Even numbers would face North having the View and Odd would face I4. Does anyone know this for sure. Rooms would have to be above the Fourth Floor to have view, there might be some Palm trees in the way otherwise. Lobby is on Floor 3. Floors 1 and 2 also have some rooms facing I4. Floor 1 on North Side is Mariners Club, Treasures of Bali, Gym, and Arcade.

Patchs'D, we will be on the Club Level, which I understand is in Tower III, you said it is in the back of the property? Is it a walk to the lobby and the pool, Mariner's Club, restaurants/lounges? Just curious. I hope we get a good view, is it on the 7th floor of the building? Thanks! Kelly

Tower III is closest to the pool, In fact when you come out on the first floor if you walk to far you may fall in. Access to all Towers can be obtained from the Lobby. Tower III is closest to the Water Taxi, Emerlls, the Gym, Arcade, Pool. It is not far from Jakes or the other resturant. Tower II is the furthest from everything. Tower I is close to the pool and other restuarants. I have no idea of the floor. We were in a regular room in Tower II on the seventh floor, best view of the park and citywalk by far.

I visited RP this spring and ate at Tchoup, so that info really helped me understand which one is three. Thanks again.

Hi Patchs'd I found out that the floor we will be on in Tower III will be the 6th, because that is the non-smoking concierge floor. I'm so excited!! It sounds like we will be right where the action is...it should be great. WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! RPR, here we come! Kelly

I was always curious about the specific views in each Tower. Thanks Patch's, great info!

HAVE STAYED AT THE HARD ROCK AND NOW I STAYED WITH THE ROYAL PACICIC AND WOULD NOT STAY AT ANOTHER, THE SERVICE WAS GREAT WE HAD A LATES START AND DIDN'T ARRIVE TIL 12:30 AM AND WE WERE GREETED WITH A SMILE AND OUR ICE BUCKET WAS FILLED WHEN OUR LUGGAGE WAS BROUGHT TO OUR ROOM THE VALET WAS VERY NICE ALSO. QUITE AND RELAXING. CAN'T WAIT TIL WE GO BACK ARE LOOKING INTO HAVING A REUNION THERE IN 2 ,MONTHS. YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME WE WERE THERE ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND AND IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN BETTER COULD HAVE BEEN LONGER WANTED TO STAY FOR THE 4TH NIGHT. BUT NEXT TIME IT WILL BE FOR 10 DAYS AND CAN'T WAIT. IT WILL BE IN NOVEMBER.

Now that Vendi/(French owned) no longer owns Universal and NBC (U.S.A. Owned) is now the new owner I decited to book a vacation to see Universal Studios Florida.

We stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort and had a wonderful time. Since we were Lowes 1st members they upgraded our room to a 7th floor concierge level room for no additional charge. We enjoyed the convienence of the Universal Resort. The one thing I don't like about Walt Disney World is how difficult it can be to get around without a rental car. Especially if you need to go from one resort to another. Universal is SO convient and well laid out that it made for a commute hassle free vacation. It reminded me of how convient Disneyland California is and how easy it is to get from one park to the other.

The Resort 15 minute boat transport service was wonderful. One suggestion If your visiting on a crowded holiday weekend like we were, make sure that you walk the 1/4 mile (or less) distance to the RPR instead of waiting 1/2 an hour for a second boat to pick up at Citywalk for the RPR. The well lit sidewalk to the Royal Pacific Resort is between Margaritaville and the Canal just before the bridge cross over to Islands of Adventure. It can save alot of time standing in line in the heat if the wait is more than 15 minutes. It's a beautiful walk too.

What can I say after staying at a Walt Disney World resort (Beach Club) in May and a Universal (RPR) in Aug/September? Well Universal in my opinion is far better entertainment value than Disney. The food was better, the entertainment was better and the theme park IOA was 21st century. We LOVED Islands of Adventure. Seuse Landing, etc. What a remarkable theme park. I would agree with Arnold the Terminator and say.... I'll be back!

rccruiser
How was the conceirge service & offerings? We're staying at HRH conceirge and have heard nothing good from these boards. I'd like to change to just a regular room but DH wants to keep the conceirge. We are now staying 2 nights prior to HRH to RPH and can't wait. And, was wondering (if offered at upgrade $) if RPH conceirge is worth it.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter