Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal sent out a survey to its Passholders with potential modifications. I'm sure WDW may be considering some of these same modifications.

What is interesting is that different Passholders are getting different scenarios. For example, some have questions about parks being at 75% capacity and some have questions about being at 50% or 25% of capacity.

Here are some of the modifications mentioned in the survey:
1. All guests undergo a rapid COVID test (with results in 15 minutes). Only those who are negative will be allowed entry into the park
2. Close indoor attractions/shows
3. Suspend parades and nighttime gatherings
4. Parks at 75%/50% capacity/25% of capacity.
5. Only virtual queaus
6. Temperature checks - those consistently getting a high temperature would not be allowed entry into the park.
7. Require facemasks for all guests
8. Require facemasks for all team members
8. No 3D glasses
9. Seat guests every other row and every other seat in shows
10, Wipe downs vehicles/seats between rides
11. Eliminate self-serve food options

See screenshots of survey in these Twitter posts:

Again, this is at Universal, but I'm sure WDW is contemplating similar modifications. I would LOVE to get this survey from WDW!
Some of these make sense. But I can’t see myself going in the heat of July to the parks and having to wear a face mask. I can’t imagine my 4 year old keeping it on the entire time. I’d just cancel the trip if that’s going to be the restrictions.

Some of these make sense. But I can’t see myself going in the heat of July to the parks and having to wear a face mask. I can’t imagine my 4 year old keeping it on the entire time. I’d just cancel the trip if that’s going to be the restrictions.

Right! I want everyone saying they will wear a mask to put one on and then go stand in the sun for just an hour.

I guess that will mean a lot of people won't be going.

Or going and just taking off their masks. Which is most likely what will happen and I highly doubt they will kick people out of the parks.

I have a feeling this is one rule that will fall quickly by the wayside when they realize it's almost impossible to enforce and just too hot for people in summer.

Imagine all the heat related issues that will happen!

I actually had a cough for 4 days before I ever got a fever (and thankfully I was already staying at home, because I'm a lazy introvert lol), I work in healthcare and actually had an interview at a hospital so I was already looking for any symptoms. If someone had a shorter trip they could spread the virus well before they ever get any outward signs and be on their way home before anyone knows. Masks also won't be much good since people will undoubtedly remove them inappropriately to eat and drink, kids will touch them all day and then touch all the things (like, everything), so at the end of the day it's pretty much a lost cause. I think the best thing that could happen is to not let people in high risk groups in to the parks, keep sanitizer accessible to all guests, if anyone is showing any signs of illness not allow entry (I say this because I see so many sick kids whose parents are going to drag them to the parks because it was so expensive, and they aren't letting a little illness stop them), and do the best they can. At some point people have to be responsible for accepting liability for illness, companies and the government can only do so much to limit exposure (unpopular opinion I know).

This doesn't really solve the problem, as the whole point to all this is preventing people from catching something and taking it back to infect someone else in their home area.

So, you can let only young, "healthy" people into the park, but then if they catch something, are asymptomatic, and take it to the airport where they infect someone not so young and healthy....or they go back to Nebraska, and infect an older coworker or grandma and grandpa...then that completely defeats the purpose of not letting high risk groups into the parks.

One thing about only letting non high risk people in the parks is....you can't visually see so many high-risk things....asthmatics or diabetics or someone with a history of cancer. Or maybe they are a smoker. And, I'd really hate to be the CM who is put in charge of visually determining who is "too obese" for entry.

Universal sent out a survey to its Passholders with potential modifications. I'm sure WDW may be considering some of these same modifications.

What is interesting is that different Passholders are getting different scenarios. For example, some have questions about parks being at 75% capacity and some have questions about being at 50% or 25% of capacity.

1. All guests undergo a rapid COVID test (with results in 15 minutes). Only those who are negative will be allowed entry into the park
5. Only virtual queaus
6. Temperature checks - those consistently getting a high temperature would not be allowed entry into the park.
8. No 3D glasses

See screenshots of survey in these Twitter posts:

Again, this is at Universal, but I'm sure WDW is contemplating similar modifications. I would LOVE to get this survey from WDW!

Yeah, this is the one that would be a dealbreaker for me. If Disney closed all indoor attractions/shows, they'd be in deep trouble. They might as well just not open if that was the case.

Maximizing profit would not include paying 40,000 people for week when they could just lay them off. It would not include extending annual passes nor providing medical aid to those 40K

Nobody knows except Disney. Everyone here are just a bunch of bored shut-ins with time on their hands to make wild predictions. What we can say without a doubt is Disney will do whatever they can to maximize profits based on any government restrictions that are forced to follow and of course the safety of their guests.

I think temp checks and all that other stuff will happen. But I’ve thought about them opening sooner with waivers. Everyone assumes their own risk such as going to a trampoline park or skydiving. If you don’t feel comfortable signing a waiver you don’t walk into the park, simple.

I think temp checks and all that other stuff will happen. But I’ve thought about them opening sooner with waivers. Everyone assumes their own risk such as going to a trampoline park or skydiving. If you don’t feel comfortable signing a waiver you don’t walk into the park, simple.

I 100% agree with them having a waiver. I think it would be silly for them NOT to have one.

5. Only virtual queaus
8. No 3D glasses
Serious question: If they test all the cast members and everyone before entering the park and not letting anyone in who is positive, why would they need ANY of the other precautions? I think this alone (if it is even possible) would solve it. Right?

Or going and just taking off their masks. Which is most likely what will happen and I highly doubt they will kick people out of the parks.

I have a feeling this is one rule that will fall quickly by the wayside when they realize it's almost impossible to enforce and just too hot for people in summer.

Imagine all the heat related issues that will happen!
Or what happens when you eat? Or drink water? Which we did a lot of during our trip in April last year, I couldn’t imagine not drinking a lot in July when it’s even hotter. I don’t know how practical that would be

Or what happens when you eat? Or drink water? Which we did a lot of during our trip in April last year, I couldn’t imagine not drinking a lot in July when it’s even hotter. I don’t know how practical that would be

Exactly. It just doesn't make sense. As soon as someone touches their face, rubs their nose, touches something else, game over!

Nothing makes sense except I guess just severely limiting amount of people that can go.

There is no possible way for Disney to 100% prevent any spread of Covid. Are we each going to be assigned a cast member to follow us around and wipe everything we touch?

Sure, definitely have extra cleaning on rides, hand washing stations everywhere, limit buffets, meet/greets, but masks? Just silly.

We know more today than we did last week about potential treatment options. We know more today than we did last week about how widespread the virus spread in communities, many without life threatening symptoms. I propose we will know even more next week about how readily spread, how to treat once diagnosed, who is most at risk.
My question therefore is with this new information, what happens when the park opens as fully as possible (given staffing shortages due to DCP folks at home) will you go? What message(s) would you need to hear and from whom to realize the risk is much less than originally publicized?

Serious question: If they test all the cast members and everyone before entering the park and not letting anyone in who is positive, why would they need ANY of the other precautions? I think this alone (if it is even possible) would solve it. Right?

COVID19 positive stranger sneezes on my backpack in the elevator when I’m on the way to the park. I don’t test positive. Meanwhile backpack is brushed against all sorts of surfaces in the park.

We know more today than we did last week about potential treatment options. We know more today than we did last week about how widespread the virus spread in communities, many without life threatening symptoms. I propose we will know even more next week about how readily spread, how to treat once diagnosed, who is most at risk.
My question therefore is with this new information, what happens when the park opens as fully as possible (given staffing shortages due to DCP folks at home) will you go? What message(s) would you need to hear and from whom to realize the risk is much less than originally publicized?
If we could go for our July trip, I would. But we live in the suburbs of NYC. My husband travels to manhattan for work at least once a week, so I’m sure we were exposed at some point, or will be exposed there vs WDW. I just don’t want to go if my daughter can’t meet the princesses. She’d be upset with being there and not having that. She’s only 4 so she wouldn’t understand fully and that’s why we booked the expensive CRT meal and stuff. I’d be ok with no fireworks but meeting the characters is one of the reasons why we go to Disney, so I think that’ll probably be a dealbreaker. At Least for my husband.

I think it would, except everyone would have to be tested everyday, and I don't know if the test would read if you are in the very early stages of infection. This is a question that would need to be answered. I don't plan on going to any park until a vaccine is in play, no matter what. And I definitely wouldn't go to Disney with reduced access to rides, restaurants, shows etc. What a waste of hard earned money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter