Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big issues with pools isn't going to be the water but like those state the area around the pool and making sure it isn't crowded. So disney may need to add a CM at each pool to watch capacity and if the pool area is "full" nobody new can come in until somebody leaves.

I think they might set up CMs at the gates like at Yacht/Beach, and hand out wrist bands at all resort pools. That would help in capacity, and avoid resort pool hoppers. I don’t envision the pools being overly crowded. If they do open in June, they already shut down resort bookings before most/all of them were even full, so they’d naturally be less crowded. Unless of course the resorts open before the parks, that’s when the pool situation would get ugly

My local brewery has an upstairs patio and they are open and with the nice weather that is getting a lot of people. Their current policy is you can only be on the patio if you have a chair And they can control number of people by number of chairs. Pools might be able to do something similar but clearly would be harder. It is doable absolutely just a matter of creating a policy and letting lifeguards or another CM enforce it.
I like this idea for the pools. Would easily cut down on the chair hog problem, too. “Claim” a chair with your items while in the pool, so that lifeguard or other CM can help an incoming family assess capacity and redirect them if full. I’d gladly take my family to a food food court or other amenity to “wait it out.”

There are always CM’s at the pools. I’m not familiar with all the pools, but at Stormalong it’s easy- it’s gated and you have to have wristband to get in. It’s very easy to track numbers. I see no reason resort pools wouldn’t be open. Values would be a bit tougher, but doable.
I think all the pools are gated... but some don’t require magic band to enter and those that do just need one person per party to scan.

I like this idea for the pools. Would easily cut down on the chair hog problem, too. “Claim” a chair with your items while in the pool, so that lifeguard or other CM can help an incoming family assess capacity and redirect them if full. I’d gladly take my family to a food food court or other amenity to “wait it out.”

Have a system where your phone number is on file and when there’s open availability, you’ll get an automated text

I am feeling bad in advance for the CMs when WDW reopens. So, so often you hear people complain that they spend ":::insert large amount of money here::: and this happened and that went wrong and we couldn't do this and....". So now, when the park finally reopens and people go clamoring back, you know there will be some people having conniption fits at how much money they spent and they have to put up with all of these modifications and the poor CMs will be the ones hearing about it. :(

I think all the pools are gated... but some don’t require magic band to enter and those that do just need one person per party to scan.

Or you just wait/slowly approach the gate and when someone is leaving you grab the open door and walk in. Im very much guilty of this maneuver at the Poly when I’m not staying there. But at Beach/Yacht you cant pull that fast one

Or you just wait/slowly approach the gate and when someone is leaving you grab the open door and walk in. Im very much guilty of this maneuver at the Poly when I’m not staying there. But at Beach/Yacht you cant pull that fast one
Can't we just implement FastPasses for the Pool areas for the next couple months...problem solved. Heh.

I am feeling bad in advance for the CMs when WDW reopens. So, so often you hear people complain that they spend ":::insert large amount of money here::: and this happened and that went wrong and we couldn't do this and....". So now, when the park finally reopens and people go clamoring back, you know there will be some people having conniption fits at how much money they spent and they have to put up with all of these modifications and the poor CMs will be the ones hearing about it. :(

This would happen regardless. It sucks, and I always feel bad for them when I pass by and I hear that dreaded “I paid _____ dollars for this trip, and you’re telling me I can’t ____?” phrase screamed in their face. But reality is, pandemic or not, it would still occur. Doesn’t make it right, it’s just reality.

Bright side.... they had a 2.5 month vacation (and possibly more) from having to be yelled at for ridiculous reasons by entitled guests.

This would happen regardless. It sucks, and I always feel bad for them when I pass by and I hear that dreaded “I paid _____ dollars for this trip, and you’re telling me I can’t ____?” phrase screamed in their face. But reality is, pandemic or not, it would still occur. Doesn’t make it right, it’s just reality.

Bright side.... they had a 2.5 month vacation (and possibly more) from having to be yelled at for ridiculous reasons by entitled guests.

Yeah but it is going to be a lot worse this time "Last time I was here I was allowed to do X... and now you're telling me I can't?".... "last time you came there was not a pandemic going on".. "I'm sorry but this is disneyworld. Pandemics don't apply here. I demand to do what I did last time"

It will be like the people complaining it rained at disneywold and ruined their trip times 100

At Stormalong Bay they have always required everyone entering to have a wristband. It’s not a magicband, they put a temporary band on your wrist. Regardless, very easy to keep track how many are in the pool area.

Can't we just implement FastPasses for the Pool areas for the next couple months...problem solved. Heh.

That would require having people having time slots at the pool. Telling people they need to leave the pool area to allow the next guest to come in would be very hard to accomplish.

At Stormalong Bay they have always required everyone entering to have a wristband. It’s not a magicband, they put a temporary band on your wrist. Regardless, very easy to keep track how many are in the pool area.

I normally stay at pop and they don't do that.. but it might be something they need to start doing for now.

I don`t know how many times I need to post this ... (just reflecting to your post)

Yes, I know that I can`t be sure that I`m a spreader. I never said that I know for sure.

It does matter If my mask got contaminated because it will infect me.
Or If someone`s child mask got contaminated and the child gets infected.

So what are you saying ? Is it OK if I get infected ONLY that matters that everyone else is protected from me?

I can be selfish I know that but this thinking seems unfair.

I`m willing to take the chance to get infected from someone`s droplet but
I`m not willing to take the chance to get infected from a contaminated mask. It is darn difficult to keep a mask safe ( I mean not to contaminate it) especially in a theme park.

PS I agree with a previous post thought we shouldn`t debate the mask question here anymore
I should protect others but no one cares that I could get sick.... nice one!
Anything hitting your mask (and there is less hitting your mask if person near you is wearing a mask) would be hitting your eyes, nose, and mouth without a mask. I have no idea why you think that would make you safer.

If they’re reducing capacity at the resorts, it might not even be necessary. But it’s not a massive thing to implement.

Agree. In terms of things to implement since pretty much all pools are gated controlling number of people into them is one of the easier things to do. Absolute worst case is a CM at every pool just controlling entry/numbers. It's an extra cost yes but easy to implement.

So I do think pools will open since you can control capacity there. Water parks are likely to be later down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter