Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That when WDW opens - the parks will be limited to ONLY those guests staying at one of the WDW resorts ... therefore anyone local going for the day will not be allowed along with those staying at local hotels, etc ( if they are open ).

Its logical that, if they want to control crowds for a time period to start, the parks only be open to resort guests and AP holders. Its an easy way to gauge attendance and ease everyone back into the groove while allowing WDW time to get its full compliment of employment back and running. Locally here in Wisconsin, a couple of major hotel/resort/waterparks are opening up on a basis where you are only allowed to use the waterpark if you are staying at the hotel. So it makes sense if crowd control is the top priority.

It will also allow the parks to evaluate some of the restrictions (distancing, masks?, etc) and how they are affecting daily life in the parks. There's no doubt in my mind they'll be adjusting on the fly, especially if the mask mandate that is being rumored about comes to fruition.

But also have to remember this type of attendance restriction isn't sustainable as soon as WDW is fully staffed. Unless WDW plans on making a segment of their furloughs permanent layoffs, they'll have to turn the dial forward.

Its logical that, if they want to control crowds for a time period to start, the parks only be open to resort guests and AP holders. Its an easy way to gauge attendance and ease everyone back into the groove while allowing WDW time to get its full compliment of employment back and running. Locally here in Wisconsin, a couple of major hotel/resort/waterparks are opening up on a basis where you are only allowed to use the waterpark if you are staying at the hotel. So it makes sense if crowd control is the top priority.

It will also allow the parks to evaluate some of the restrictions (distancing, masks?, etc) and how they are affecting daily life in the parks. There's no doubt in my mind they'll be adjusting on the fly, especially if the mask mandate that is being rumored about comes to fruition.

But also have to remember this type of attendance restriction isn't sustainable as soon as WDW is fully staffed. Unless WDW plans on making a segment of their furloughs permanent layoffs, they'll have to turn the dial forward.
I believed the unions agreed with WDW to have all CM on furloughed for 12 months, Disney has already said they will staff according to capacity restrictions so if the park opens at 50% they won't be fully staffed but the remainder of CM can stay in furloughed, unless I'm reading that wrong. I know Disney is giving the option to CM to return to work when called or say they are uncomfortable or feel unsafe working in which case they can continue to be on furlough

Good morning! I know someone is going to ask for an update soon so I just wanted to provide a baseline so we can track if there are any changes throughout the day -

For my June 7th-12 reservation as of 8:28AM Eastern

- no email
- able to modify fastpasses on MDE
- room, fastpasses, and ADRs show on MDE
- I can still see park hours and parade/fireworks times online for the week
- Still no tickets available to purchase for June, but I can purchase tickets with dates from July 1 onwards
TA here .... emails are coming out for check in dates of June 7 - 13 today ........ :(

I was thinking about social distancing. How would they do this for the mono-rail to/from the Magic Kingdom? I'm not sure they physically have enough room to put 6 feet between people, these lines are so long when people are packed next to each other.

I was thinking about social distancing. How would they do this for the mono-rail to/from the Magic Kingdom? I'm not sure they physically have enough room to put 6 feet between people, these lines are so long when people are packed next to each other.
Some sort of capacity limit like they do at the restaurants I imagine. But this is why Disney faces a lot of challenges that other resorts don't. The monorail is a challenge, but so are the MK and Epcot/HS boats, the skyliner, indoor shows, outdoor shows, rides like Buzz Lightyear that are constantly moving/loading and have people using the same guns over and over, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter