Rumor about potential major reduction in operating hours for WDW if Disney Asia parks remain closed due to coronavirus

I know a lot of the people who signed it. I am not intending to get into a political debate. Just saying not everyone agrees with your position about the role of corporations. It is not debatable that the thinking about that topic is evolving a lot.
You know a lot of the top 200 corps in the world's CEO's?

We are going to shift the focus of this thread back to the rumor of potential budget cuts from coronavirus losses. Any coronavirus discussion on the Asia parks will take place in that thread. Any discussion on the US parks will take place in the new thread.

We are going to shift the focus of this thread back to the rumor of potential budget cuts from coronavirus losses. Any coronavirus discussion on the Asia parks will take place in that thread. Any discussion on the US parks will take place in the new thread.

Obviously one of the biggest fears is what will happen to Epcot and the future plans. Or even the 50th Anniversary. What will happen? How much of the celebration will we lose?

What about hotels? Will they all reopen, or will some stay closed to reduce operating costs while Disney recovers?

Will prices be raised, hours cut, etc.?

Sucks. All of it.

Obviously one of the biggest fears is what will happen to Epcot and the future plans. Or even the 50th Anniversary. What will happen? How much of the celebration will we lose?

What about hotels? Will they all reopen, or will some stay closed to reduce operating costs while Disney recovers?

Sucks. All of it.

I am sad and scared.

I am sad and scared.

:hug:

Don't be sad and scared. While I do think some of this overkill, at least it shows that we as a nation are taking this all seriously and all of these closures/cancellations have to help, I'm sure of it!

Try and stay positive. My dad yesterday had the sniffles, I think all of us children called and yelled at him separately to stay home!!! He is stubborn. I told my mom if he gets the virus that they will both die and we will put them in the same casket. :rotfl: Between us and her bugging him, he saw his doctor - no fever, just a head cold. Phew.

We will get through this and come out on the other side!

Sucks. All of it.

COnsturcgtion workers don't count as a mass gathering so they may be able to continue working on things.

It dos make you wonder how long it will take to recover. If people coming in 2-3 months cancel (I'm in for April and if they cancel rundisney I'm probably cancelling my reservation) and then they reopen are people going to immediately come back? People plan disney vacations 6+ months out for most people so would they come in 1 month after a re-opening? Though prospect of lower crowds could be inticing.

COnsturcgtion workers don't count as a mass gathering so they may be able to continue working on things.

It dos make you wonder how long it will take to recover. If people coming in 2-3 months cancel (I'm in for April and if they cancel rundisney I'm probably cancelling my reservation) and then they reopen are people going to immediately come back? People plan disney vacations 6+ months out for most people so would they come in 1 month after a re-opening? Though prospect of lower crowds could be inticing.
I know there have been some delays in projects at the Asian parks but work has still been done during this time too. I would imagine at least some work could still take place.

I’m not sure where anyone was in WDW but we were in Epcot yesterday. Hand sanitizer as soon as you get through the gate. Attendants in the restrooms constantly cleaning, bottles (purse size) of hand sanitizer for sale (cheap), spotless park.

I’m not sure where anyone was in WDW but we were in Epcot yesterday. Hand sanitizer as soon as you get through the gate. Attendants in the restrooms constantly cleaning, bottles (purse size) of hand sanitizer for sale (cheap), spotless park.
We were in Epcot yesterday and had a very different experience. The few hand sanitizer stations they had were often empty. Bathrooms were dirty. Some of the soap dispensers were empty. It was less clean than on an average wdw day.

Last time I was in Disney World (and it was crowded, like 8/10 crowd levels), I also noticed that the majority of their sinks had severe water pressure issues. I was often washing my hands in a trickle of water. That is also not good.

Perhaps WDW is starting to run out of sanitizer now. I was there last Saturday and every time I used one of their stations, there was sanitizer in it. There is a nation wide shortage; once they run out of whatever they had in backstock, I bet they'll find it just as hard as all the other businesses to buy more.

We were in Epcot yesterday and had a very different experience. The few hand sanitizer stations they had were often empty. Bathrooms were dirty. Some of the soap dispensers were empty. It was less clean than on an average wdw day.
Last time I was in Disney World (and it was crowded, like 8/10 crowd levels), I also noticed that the majority of their sinks had severe water pressure issues. I was often washing my hands in a trickle of water. That is also not good.

I'm sure the bathrooms will be cleaned if the parks are closed...

Anyone care to guess - would construction still take place during closures on projects that are already begun, such as Tron? If there's a bright-side to any of this, perhaps the new rides will open sooner rather than later?

I'm sure the bathrooms will be cleaned if the parks are closed...

Anyone care to guess - would construction still take place during closures on projects that are already begun, such as Tron? If there's a bright-side to any of this, perhaps the new rides will open sooner rather than later?

At least some work could likely continue. It's almost a shame they haven't started on SSE. A closed park would maket that work go a lot easier Because it's location in the park makes getting materials in and out difficult.

We were at MK yest (Thurs). Bathrooms weren't really more or less clean than normal. I did see several CMs wiping down surfaces (railings, trash cans) with disinfecting wipes both at MK and the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter