Rumored Changes to G+

It is $200 today for the 1-park option at Islands of Adventure. $310 for the week of spring break for the same pass.

The 2-park option is $210 this week and $320 next week.

Universals is the superior version of it, but it's a steep price unless you stay at one of their premier resorts.
I view it as a different version, not necessarily superior. But that's up to individual opinions and interpretation. It's certainly expensive. I think it's going to be very interesting to see what Universal does when the new park and new resorts open in 2025 - will they include EP at the new park with the current deluxe resorts? Maybe EP just for the future EU deluxe resort(s)? In the current set-up with 2 parks and less deluxe resorts than Disney, they can do the EP offering. As they build more parks and resorts, it becomes more challenging to maintain that perk. I'm sure they have a plan, though - and I know I'm looking forward to the new park and perhaps new resort in 2025/2026.....

And as we've been speculating in this thread, it'll be interesting to see what Disney has planned with these G+ changes!

Which would be fine...

Genie+ has some issues, but the biggest issue is lack of capacity... there just simply aren't enough rides to justify the cost in a lot of instances. To me that's the issue. Whatever system they create isn't going to solve the underlying problem... I do see Genie+ prices continuing to climb...
I agree with this 1,000%.....I think this is why they are delaying the roll out of the changes......If they remove the ability to stack (by allowing 3 pre booked rides and having to use them before you book another one) or if they include Tiers, I think Genie+ sales will drop precipitously and they can't risk losing any revenue from this cash cow that's working like a charm right now, regardless of GSAT numbers

With ILL's, then adding in tiering, who would pay for Genie? You think capacity is bad now, imagine if you could only get on 1 Tier 1 ride? who would pay for that?

Compare this to FP+ (which had MAJOR inventory problems)....This is FP-.......You would be removing the top 2 rides from every park.....Talk about capacity problems, there would be nothing to choose from

Last edited:
Genie + is a cash cow for Disney, I'm afraid it's not going anywhere.... that said, give me the option of picking 3 rides prior to trip departure and I'll gladly (well, somewhat gladly) pay their price....
Be careful what you wish for........If this happens, you will lose ability to stack and thats the best feature/aspect of Genie+

The only real change they should do is allow you to pay for and book your first ride every day of your trip and your ILL's 7 days in advance

Last edited:
The opening of Tiana's Bayou Adventure would be a key date on when updates to Genie+ get announced.

First, when Tiana's opens, will it bring another Virtual Que for Magic Kingdom, in addition to Tron?

Second, when Tiana's open, will it bring another Individual Lightning Lane for Magic Kingdom, in addition to Tron and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?

Plus if Tiana's becomes an ILL, will that remove Seven Dwarfs Mine Train from being ILL too? If not, will that leave three ILL for that one park?

Basically with all the potential changes with Virtual Ques and ILL that will come with Tiania's opening....this would be key timing to introduce the long rumored Genie+ changes.
There are recent surveys from disney to Tron riders asking if they would prefer a regular stand by line vs. a VQ.........

I think it would be a mistake for WDW to make Tianas an ILL over Seven Dwarfs..........Tianas is a seasonal ride and the novelty will wear off shortly where SDMT has shown is is a major revenue driver for years

I'm thinking this might have something to do with Slinky or some other ride that disappears quickly. I have to admit, I didn't understand why people would just go ahead and book Slinky for a night ride as their first selection, didn't get the concept of stacking.
Not sure i follow this? We dont go to the parks until 4pm....This is exactly what stacking is.....We book SDD for 6pm at 7am and then stack other rides for later and just modify then to later times if they are times we dont like when we book

Not sure i follow this? We dont go to the parks until 4pm....This is exactly what stacking is.....We book SDD for 6pm at 7am and then stack other rides for later and just modify then to later times if they are times we dont like when we book
I know what stacking is now. I was much less aware of how it's done when I first tried out G+, and I'm guessing a lot of others are in the same boat and they're probably surprised about what happens with rides like Slinky when booking opens up. It's definitely something people need to be aware of because you can't go in with the intention of booking Slinky as your second or third ride (ex: some people might want to book Tower of Terror or something first).

Not sure I agree with far inferior. EP is certainly much simpler!
it is far inferior because you need to be proactive with reservations, you might not be able to ride all rides you want, etc..

EP is way way better, because you can ride ANY RIDE, ANY TIME, WHATEVER time you want. however, it is way way more expensive than genie plus.

If you mean "genie plus might have a better cost/benefit, than I agree with you. However, service per service, not considering the cost, EP is way better, hands down.

There are recent surveys from disney to Tron riders asking if they would prefer a regular stand by line vs. a VQ.........

I think it would be a mistake for WDW to make Tianas an ILL over Seven Dwarfs..........Tianas is a seasonal ride and the novelty will wear off shortly where SDMT has shown is is a major revenue driver for years
Agree, there are some people who may never ride because they were so upset about the retheming. It isn’t a new ride-it’s just splash with a princess overlay. I’m sure there will be demand but I don’t think it will warrant a third ILL in Magic Kingdom especially if the capacity is greater than Mine Train.

it is far inferior because you need to be proactive with reservations, you might not be able to ride all rides you want, etc..

EP is way way better, because you can ride ANY RIDE, ANY TIME, WHATEVER time you want. however, it is way way more expensive than genie plus.

If you mean "genie plus might have a better cost/benefit, than I agree with you. However, service per service, not considering the cost, EP is way better, hands down.
I would think that there needs to be the cost/benefit in the consideration for what service is better. If we are not going to consider the cost of the service in the equation, a private tour is better than both Genie+ and EP.

Cost is a big consideration in comparison for most offerings. I agree that the EP system and usability is superior to Genie+ but I would rather pay $30 for genie+ than $200 for EP. For the cost of the services, I get more value out of Genie+. The majority of the time I still ride everything I wanted to ride, even if there are some hiccups.

I would think that there needs to be the cost/benefit in the consideration for what service is better. If we are not going to consider the cost of the service in the equation, a private tour is better than both Genie+ and EP.

Cost is a big consideration in comparison for most offerings. I agree that the EP system and usability is superior to Genie+ but I would rather pay $30 for genie+ than $200 for EP. For the cost of the services, I get more value out of Genie+. The majority of the time I still ride everything I wanted to ride, even if there are some hiccups.

when discussing something as better or worse, cost is always something to consider, but you need to make that clear. EP is superior in every way compared to genie plus. however, is way more expensive.

Flying first class is superior to basic economics in every way

Porsche is superior to Kia in every way.

VIP tour is superior to EP, yes.

I was referring to the user who said that genie plus is not far inferior. Of course it is, but it is also much cheaper. you and only you can decide what is best for you, cost/benefit vs benefits regardless of cost. That what I was referring to .

True.

what about the folks who want to go to the parks from say 10 to 4......doesn't work.....

what about the folks who want to go to the parks from say 10 to 4......doesn't work.....
What doesnt? Stacking? Of course it does....Book one at 7am and the next when you get to park at 10am.........you will have 2 Top Tier 1 rides..... You wont get that with Genie+ pre selections

You can also book closest return time for any Genie+ and keep going, getting on 5,6, 7+ Tier 1 rides............so worse case scenario you would have a Tier 1 and unlimited Tier 2 rides in succession

What doesnt? Stacking? Of course it does....Book one at 7am and the next when you get to park at 10am.........you will have 2 Top Tier 1 rides..... You wont get that with Genie+ pre selections

You can also book closest return time for any Genie+ and keep going, getting on 5,6, 7+ Tier 1 rides............so worse case scenario you would have a Tier 1 and unlimited Tier 2 rides in succession
whoopee... 2 rides...but they won't be top tier, maybe one will be....and that's if you keep your face in your phone....I agree with you about stacking but it works best if you do this later in the day....

as an example, when you were allowed to pick 3 before departure i could get splash @ 10 am, Big Thunder at 11 am and Pirates at noon.... that will never happen with Genie.

that said I'm happy it works for you :)

whoopee... 2 rides...but they won't be top tier, maybe one will be....and that's if you keep your face in your phone....I agree with you about stacking but it works best if you do this later in the day....

as an example, when you were allowed to pick 3 before departure i could get splash @ 10 am, Big Thunder at 11 am and Pirates at noon.... that will never happen with Genie.

that said I'm happy it works for you :)
No you wont.....not when MK has Tiers....You will only get one of those 3 with the rumored tiering in the new Genie+ pre selections............You will have Tron and SDMT as ILL's.......Space, Splash, BTMRR, Pirates and Hm as Tier1 and everything else Tier 2..........

You would get 1 Tier 1 selection and 2 Tier 2........Those are going to be all Tier 1 rides and you would only get to select one of those and 2 Tier 2 (think Buzz Lightyear spin, Small World, Dumbo, etc)

So imagine if you dont go to park until 3pm, have those 3 rides (Pirates, Buzz and Small World) and then everything else is gone? Nobody would pay for Genie+ for that

Last edited:
You will only get one of those 3 with the rumored tiering in the new Genie+ pre selections............Those are going to be all Tier 1 rides and you would only get to select one of those and 2 Tier 2 (think Buzz Lightyear spin, Small World, Dumbo, etc)
thanks, I get it now.....we're talking about the "rumored tiering".....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter