Rumors & News Forum Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebmasterCorey

corey@disneyinfo.com
Administrator
*I posted this before really digging in. I'm here to listen.

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on what's going with all the closed and moved threads on this forum.

Ryan did a ton of great work over here with moderating and maintaining everything, so to make it more manageable we're closing and moving off-topic threads. More to come...

Corey

Last edited:
All suggestions are welcome and I understand the frustration, but while we look for new Moderators we need to keep things on topic.

tenor.gif

All suggestions are welcome and I understand the frustration, but while we look for new Moderators we need to keep things on topic.

I don't think dismantling the work of probably the most well respected mod is going to help you find the devotion and hard work of a volunteer if they fear their work would be completely meaningless.

No one will see value in the time commitment if you will just wipe it when they are ready to move on.

this basically just shut the whole board down. Don’t like at all. I loved coming to rumors and news. Not really any reason to now.

I understand, but forums need to be Moderated, and Ryan did a ton of work here doing that.

I appreciate the message. Corey, but I wish you'd chimed in sooner - a heads up would have been nice is all. I hope you can find a good way to reorganize that works for everyone.

Just wanted to reiterate that the closing of that thread in particular, along with moving all our other threads all over the place is like dismantling our weird little family. It may seem like we were off topic, or posts were crazy, but we always managed to get back on topic, we managed to have disagreements and settle them (or just move on from them) and this was just a place that was like "home".

I just think if you weren't one of us, you won't understand any of us and why this feels so wrong. Like, I actually would have said hi to these people in public! 😂 😉😘

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter