??'s about DDP & split stays

bpmorley

Can wear the Mickey Ears with the best of them
I'm not new to DVC, but having only stayed in Studios and never having changed rooms I need some help. We're staying in a studio in Dec(6-9) on that Sunday we have friends coming down and we're moving to a 2bdr for the9-14th.

with the DDP, how will it work for us?
Will we have to pay for our whole stay when we check in on the 6th?
or will we pay for the first couple days on the 6th and then pay for the other days after we checkin again on the 9th?
Do we have to check in again?
Would we have to pay for our friends DDP if we checkin before they arrive?

About the rooms,
If we wind up in the same resort for the split stay, will they just give us the 1bdr attached to the studio to make the 2bdr?
or will they make us move to a different room all together?
Will disney take care of our bags if we wind up in different resorts?
Thanks in Advance:firefight

You'll have to check in again. You'll pay for the DDP for the studio when you check-in for the studio, and for the 2 bedroom unit when you check in for the 2 bedroom.

You may need to check your luggage at bell services, as you'll need to vacate the studio by 11am, and your 2 bedroom may not be ready until after 4...unless you are able to remain in the studio portion and have the adjoining 1 bedroom for a lock-off unit. You may get lucky and not have to vacate the studio...but you will still need to check out and check-in again, and pay for the DDP for each portion of your stay.

Did you specifically request a lock-off? If not, you are probably booked into a dedicated 2 bedroom.

Thanks Chuck for the quick response. I'm going to call MS on Monday and ask about that Lock-off. That sounds like the best option.

Thanks Chuck for the quick response. I'm going to call MS on Monday and ask about that Lock-off. That sounds like the best option.

keep in mind if you stay in the studio part of the lock-out, your friends get the master bedroom with the jacuzzi tub, studios only have tub/shower unit.

keep in mind if you stay in the studio part of the lock-out, your friends get the master bedroom with the jacuzzi tub, studios only have tub/shower unit.

Negative, we'll be moving right over to that master bedroom. It's already been discussed. The main reason we want the lockoff is because they want the studio. Their daughter has a form of Autism so they'll have to separate from us so she'll sleep, eat, etc....

Negative, we'll be moving right over to that master bedroom. It's already been discussed. The main reason we want the lockoff is because they want the studio. Their daughter has a form of Autism so they'll have to separate from us so she'll sleep, eat, etc....

Then you will definitely want the lockoff. They'll have a separate kitchenette in the lockoff second bedroom. If it is dedicated, no microwave or undercounter refrigerator in the second bedroom.

Then you will definitely want the lockoff. They'll have a separate kitchenette in the lockoff second bedroom. If it is dedicated, no microwave or undercounter refrigerator in the second bedroom.

I'm pretty sure that I asked for a lockoff when I called to get on the waitlist for BCV or BWV. But my confirmation letter says dedicated. I'll call again tomorrow

Remember, though, that even with a lock-off, there is a chance you'll need to move. But, if you are able to keep the studio, try to talk to the housekeepers in the morning so they know that you aren't simply someone that isn't checking out on time, so that they can go ahead and service the studio.

Remember, though, that even with a lock-off, there is a chance you'll need to move. But, if you are able to keep the studio, try to talk to the housekeepers in the morning so they know that you aren't simply someone that isn't checking out on time, so that they can go ahead and service the studio.

I didn't think of that. I was actually debating on getting us a 1bdr and moving to a 2bdr(lockoff hopefully) when our friends get there. Then there wouldn't be as much confusion moving from the studio to the master bedroom. We're gonna be down there during the xmas season. Is DVC still going to have that Merry Member Mixer? we missed it last year

If that is the case, I would call MS and state the need for medical reasons, they may require proof of the autism, but that shouldn't be a a problem. Please remember to take into consideration that your request is just that, a request, not a definite reservation for the room of your choice. However, if you state the medical needs of the child, your chances of getting your request are much better.

Hope you have a great, magical vacation!

If that is the case, I would call MS and state the need for medical reasons, they may require proof of the autism, but that shouldn't be a a problem. Please remember to take into consideration that your request is just that, a request, not a definite reservation for the room of your choice. However, if you state the medical needs of the child, your chances of getting your request are much better.

Hope you have a great, magical vacation!

Yeah I love that about DVC. Everything just a request. If I prepare for the worst, things can only go up. Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter