?s re: getting from DD to ride the monorail and home

KandK'smom

Earning My Ears
We are planning on our first night to go to DD (DQ for the kids and dinner) followed by a ride on the monorail (which we have never done) to look at some of the other resorts/ Disney property. What is the best way to do this time wise? I posted this ? on the "Theme Park Strategies" board and DRUSBA suggested I come here. We will be staying at the BCV's so I also need to know the best way to get home once we have ridden the monorail. Many thanks for your help!

It depends on what time it is. If it's after 9:00pm, then save it for another day... riding the Epcot monorail is a must-do for Monorail Joy Riders, and after 9:00pm is the Epcot exit, and joy-riding is discouraged. Not to mention they will start shutting things down around 10pm. Perhaps you might want to do it before dinner? It really wouldn't take that long, and is much better experienced during the daytime when you can actually see things.

From the Beach Club, take the bus to the MK. At the MK, take the Express (or Resort) Monorail to the Transportation Center. From there, disembark, and board the Epcot Monorail. Make a complete loop, and come back to the TTC. From there, take the Resort Monorail to the Contemporary, and catch the Downtown Disney bus there.

When riding the Express monorail and the Epcot monorail, be sure to ask a Monorail Host/Hostess when you first get on the platform if you can ride in the front with the driver. The Front Cab can accommodate 4 guests total. It's a wonderful experience. If the cab is already taken, ask to WAIT FOR THE NEXT TRAIN. It's not a long wait, and well worth it. Make sure to get your monorail Co-Pilots License :)

Dear Chip n Dale Express,

Thank you so much for the great advice and directions! I am printing this up as we speak to keep. We will take your advice and do it before dinner or even before we head to DD. You all are the greatest! :) We are counting the days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter