Safeway delivery

Hmmm, so that is one benefit of GG, I believe you don't need to be present if there is alcohol in your order? We land at 2:00pm May 27 but were planning on going to the Star Wars party at DHS that starts at 7:00. I'm not sure if we will be able to get a delivery window that works before we leave?

Hmmm, so that is one benefit of GG, I believe you don't need to be present if there is alcohol in your order? We land at 2:00pm May 27 but were planning on going to the Star Wars party at DHS that starts at 7:00. I'm not sure if we will be able to get a delivery window that works before we leave?

We are arrived around the same time as you and had a fast pass for Soarin’ at 6:20-7:20. We had a 4:00-5:00 PM delivery window. We arrived at the resort and ate at beaches and cream. I planned to meet the driver at the bellhop area during our meal if they had arrived closer to 4 o’clock. They arrived closer to 5:00, so we ate first, unpacked, accepted our delivery, and then headed to the park by 5:30-5:45. It all worked out well :) You might be cutting it a little close if you need to get Hollywood studios & the party begins at 7:00 though.

We stayed at Beach Club and had them deliver on March 20th. Great service, good prices, delivered exactly on time with no issues :)
Thanks! Did they meet you in the lobby or did they leave with bell services? I am told that Swolphin won’t accept packages at bell services.

We ordered Safeway on March 20th. I had to be present for delivery at the bell hop because we had wine in our order. I made sure that I was nearby during this one hour window. They texted me once they were in the parking lot unloading our items. We had wine in our order & they asked me for my license before I could sign to accept the delivery. When placing the order online, it will let you know that you must be present for the delivery because it recognizes that there is alcohol in your shopping cart. As far as how early you have to place your order, you can place it the day before but I think that the delivery window options might be more limited if you wait longer. I wanted a one hour delivery window, so I wouldn’t have to wait around resort for as long but I think if you wait too long to reserve your delivery day/time, you might be limited to just 4 hour windows? I didn’t want to risk it, so I placed my order well in advance of our trip. I provided my credit card information when I placed the order but you do not get charged until you sign for delivery :)

This is great information thank you!

We Used dizzy dolphin delivery they were wonderful and they were much less than Garden grocer. also we did not have to be present for the wine which was a huge plus for us as I didn’t want to be tied down to the grocery delivery window

We ordered Safeway on March 20th. I had to be present for delivery at the bell hop because we had wine in our order. I made sure that I was nearby during this one hour window. They texted me once they were in the parking lot unloading our items. We had wine in our order & they asked me for my license before I could sign to accept the delivery. When placing the order online, it will let you know that you must be present for the delivery because it recognizes that there is alcohol in your shopping cart. As far as how early you have to place your order, you can place it the day before but I think that the delivery window options might be more limited if you wait longer. I wanted a one hour delivery window, so I wouldn’t have to wait around resort for as long but I think if you wait too long to reserve your delivery day/time, you might be limited to just 4 hour windows? I didn’t want to risk it, so I placed my order well in advance of our trip. I provided my credit card information when I placed the order but you do not get charged until you sign for delivery :)

Great information! We are thinking of a grocery delivery for next month, as we are using Magical Express for the first time. Can you tell me how far in advance an order can be placed? Also, since we're landing at 5:00 p.m., how late are the delivery windows? Not expecting to arrive at Boardwalk until 6:30-7:00 PM on a Sunday.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm thinking about using Safeway for our May trip. I was playing around on the site last night and they have a large selection and good pricing.

Can anyone share how they format the delivery address? I haven't seen an answer for that yet.
Also, how far before our trip should we order the food?

Great information! We are thinking of a grocery delivery for next month, as we are using Magical Express for the first time. Can you tell me how far in advance an order can be placed? Also, since we're landing at 5:00 p.m., how late are the delivery windows? Not expecting to arrive at Boardwalk until 6:30-7:00 PM on a Sunday.
Thanks!

We placed the order at least a month in advance. You were able to edit your order up until the date for the delivery. I decided to place the order early because that I wanted more options for delivery times (specifically a one hour delivery window is what I preferred). I do recall that there were evening options also. If you register on Safeway’s site, you can go through and look at the delivery times place items in your cart, etc. :)

I was having a hard time getting the address to work. It kept stating it didn’t match postal info. I ended up putting the street address in line one and the hotel name in line two. That worked just fine.

Thinking a giving Safeway a try this time. What store are you selecting for delivery? We’ll be staying at Bay Lake Tower. Garden Grocers prices are just getting a little out of control.

I'm thinking about using Safeway for our May trip. I was playing around on the site last night and they have a large selection and good pricing.

Can anyone share how they format the delivery address? I haven't seen an answer for that yet.
Also, how far before our trip should we order the food?

We just had delivery on 4/7. I used the resort address and then wrote pop century in the comments. The prices were much better than garden grocer on many of the items we bought. Unfortunately when we got to the room (Pop Century) they have beverage coolers and not refrigerators. Temperature was probably 45 - 50 degrees. Anything that needed to be refrigerated we ended up throwing out since those items need to be kept below 40 degrees (cheeses, lunchables).

We just had delivery on 4/7. I used the resort address and then wrote pop century in the comments. The prices were much better than garden grocer on many of the items we bought. Unfortunately when we got to the room (Pop Century) they have beverage coolers and not refrigerators. Temperature was probably 45 - 50 degrees. Anything that needed to be refrigerated we ended up throwing out since those items need to be kept below 40 degrees (cheeses, lunchables).
Did the resort put it in your room, or was it kept sufficiently cold at the front?

Luggage assistance kept the cold stuff cold in their area. Everything else was kept on a luggage cart waiting for us. The way we timed the delivery everything got there within ten minutes of us getting to the resort.

Luggage assistance kept the cold stuff cold in their area. Everything else was kept on a luggage cart waiting for us. The way we timed the delivery everything got there within ten minutes of us getting to the resort.
Ah ok so you are saying it is the room fridge that is not cold enough, not that the resort let it get warm? Does it not have a setting to make it colder? I was going to get milk and yogurt. I can get Horizon shelf stable milk (yuck, but it works for the baby at least in a pinch) but I'm not getting shelf stable yogurt pushes. Those things make me want to gag.

Ah ok so you are saying it is the room fridge that is not cold enough, not that the resort let it get warm? Does it not have a setting to make it colder? I was going to get milk and yogurt. I can get Horizon shelf stable milk (yuck, but it works for the baby at least in a pinch) but I'm not getting shelf stable yogurt pushes. Those things make me want to gag.

Yes....beverage cooler in room not cold enough. I did mention that with these I ended up throwing out groceries and was given a credit. It was disappointing for us as sometimes you just the kids to eat something so we bought some of their normal items that they like at home.

I talked to housekeeping and concierge about this and both stated that it couldn’t be made colder. I even pulled the unit out myself and couldn’t find a switch to make it colder.

Yes....beverage cooler in room not cold enough. I did mention that with these I ended up throwing out groceries and was given a credit. It was disappointing for us as sometimes you just the kids to eat something so we bought some of their normal items that they like at home.

I talked to housekeeping and concierge about this and both stated that it couldn’t be made colder. I even pulled the unit out myself and couldn’t find a switch to make it colder.

I always suspected that these weren't cold enough. I thought it was just my bad luck that the thing never made my food / drinks very cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter