San Angel Inn at Night?

plutosgirl

DIS Veteran
Has anyone eaten here after dark? Since there are 8 of us going (2 familes of 4) we are switching off a few night so we can have some alone time and this restaurant sounds so nice.

We are really looking for some atmosphere. Can you still see the volcano and boats going by after dark? How is the food?

Does anyone else have some suggestions on where to dine when it will just be us going out without the kids? We are looking for someplace that is different.

TIA

The restaurant is inside the big temple and is dark all of the time -- day and night. The interior lighting allows you to see the boats & volcano the same was at night as you would during the day. DH & I grabbed lunch here once, and we found it loud and crowded (it's in the middle of the Mexican "marketplace" all located in the temple, so you hear all of the noise of the shoppers as well as the noise of other diners). At EPCOT, we love Teppenyaki (also a little loud because you're seated at large tables with other diners, but the food is excellent) and Le Cellier. Le Cellier is very small, quiet, and romantic. If you're including restaurants outside of EPCOT, there are wonderful restaurants with great food and plenty of atmosphere in all of the Deluxe resorts -- Artists Point, Ohana (again, not quiet & romantic, but a neat experience), California Grill, Jiko, Narcooses, etc.. Check out the menus at www.allearsnet.com and see which ones have the type of food you're looking for. Have fun!!

San Angel Inn is the same day and night it is eternal night inside there. Quietest time to go is during Illuminations if you have already seen it during your visit.

The atmosphere is the same both day and night, rain or shine. =) Disney magic, gotta love it!

The atmosphere here is the Best! You'll love it. Beautiful and romantic, you'll really think you're in Mexico. I never felt that it was too crowded although I guess it is crowded often, but the atmosphere more than makes up for it IMO. However, if you're looking for very quiet and secluded this probably isn't the place for you. The food is pretty good and authentic. Good luck deciding! (BTW, we're in the same situation as you and have decided to eat at Jiko's for our night out w/out the kids-has rave reviews and seems to be very unique.)

Our fave World Showcase restaurant! A must every trip!

I agree with the last two posters. This is my favorite WDW restaurant. My wife's only request every trip is that I make a PS for San Angel Inn. I think the food is good and you cannot beat the atmosphere. Especially if you get a table by the water. It is very romantic - even with our three kids :hyper:

Originally posted by plutosgirl
Has anyone eaten here after dark? Since there are 8 of us going (2 familes of 4) we are switching off a few night so we can have some alone time and this restaurant sounds so nice.

We are really looking for some atmosphere. Can you still see the volcano and boats going by after dark? How is the food?

Does anyone else have some suggestions on where to dine when it will just be us going out without the kids? We are looking for someplace that is different.

TIA

San Angel Inn is a great place for adults to eat - very dark and romantic with the boat ride, volcano and atmosphere is great. The food is very good as well (not excellent to be fair but very good)

Assuming you are thinking Epcot for dinner, we have had very good or better experience (in addition to San Angel Inn) at:

Restaurant Marrakesh (belly dancer, music, great decor), Bistro de Paris (upstairs at France - very nice indeed with excellent food but pricey)

Outside of Epcot, other very good or better at:

Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge - double bonus - here - great lobby, Arusha Rock and a great adult oriented restaurant

Note there are some places that rank very good or better to us but there are more family oriented (Kona Cafe, Narcoosees) so we did not list them above

thanks
jaysue

My DH and I love the San Angel Inn, and it definitely has ambience. If you can get a table by the water, the view is lovely, and the food is pretty tasty! ::yes::

the atmosphere is cool, but the food is so so. I think the california grill at cr is a great place to go with a bunch of people. The food is really good and you can see the fireworks at MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter